Author Topic: Virgin Australia's billion points giveaway... NOT!!!  (Read 871 times)

Offline shmoe joe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Virgin Australia's billion points giveaway... NOT!!!
« on: May 01, 2017, 11:09:32 PM »
You guys probably got excited when you seeing my thread tittle... well I also got very excited when I saw this advertisement https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKr6NCS8KUHvkVjQZ3c4pmsXAui3fo3C7ODNNR1yBtCOAdENXeudZR2xS3s20JjMXyEyx4PGiBRRkqHW4zGgzzZ1G-B-Dg&v=EsbOqmyANDY&time_continue=24 but after a little more research I found out Virgin Australia’s Velocity program is offering a 15% bonus when you convert points from their partner programs to Velocity. That’s actually not a terribly exciting promotion, though the marketing surrounding it is hilarious. Basically, Virgin Australia is claiming that this was intended to be a million point giveaway, but that an intern screwed it up and instead made it a billion point giveaway.

Of course this is all made up since you’re just getting a 15% bonus on the points you transfer, so it’s not like you’re getting a certain percentage of a million (or a billion) points. I suppose that if people transfer 6.5 billion points to Velocity then they are indeed “giving away” a billion points, though in the process they’d be getting an insane amount of revenue for the transferred points. So they could have just as easily called it a trillion point giveaway.......
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:41:24 PM by AsherO »
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Virgin Australia's billion points giveaway!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 11:13:31 PM »
#Clickbait
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.