Author Topic: Becoming verified w/o giving Paypal Bank info (or help in making a macro)  (Read 1480 times)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
PayPal wants me to become verified which basically means either you give them your bank info or you open a PayPal Credit Card. They let you remain unverified until you spend $10,000 as PayPal puts it: "Verification helps increase trust and safety in our community. Buyers can feel more confident doing business with Verified sellers, who are more likely to be legitimate, trustworthy merchants."
 It is a little bit ridiculous that after having responsibly spent 10k they suddenly worry about fraud. Or much better put: "The truth is that PayPal prefers to scoop money you send directly out of your bank account, rather than charging it to your credit card, because, as Ms. Gorman explained later in our conversation, the company’s transaction costs are much lower when it deals with banks  than when it deals with credit card companies." (The Haggler)

In short, does anyone now a way around this? I used to have an account linked, but then I closed that account and mistakenly allowed PayPal to attempt a debit when it failed they removed it from my PayPal profile. I was very happy because that lefty my CC as the only payment option. So need to navigate through the options to pay by CC.
Finally, if I really must add an account I would like to create some sort of macro which automatically will choose CC as my payment option, but I have no clue how to make one. Any help?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:26:39 PM by elikay »

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
I'm not very familiar with paypal, but creating a macro shouldnt be too hard just get the firefox plugin and try to record a macro until you save one that works.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
I'm not very familiar with paypal, but creating a macro shouldnt be too hard just get the firefox plugin and try to record a macro until you save one that works.
I see now that you can also make one in excel, whats the best route?

Offline Yisha

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Is there available a FF polgin to use CC even if I have found in my paypal account? Or even manually is there any way to do that?

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
my friend who's a macro expert could probably write one in notepad,but the easiest  way would probably be just record one.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile

my friend who's a macro expert could probably write one in notepad,but the easiest  way would probably be just record one.

Excel macros and browser macros are not the same (i.e. they use different syntax).
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)