Topic Wiki

Use this thread to offer donations or ask for them.

Please note this is not for organizations but rather for you or someone you know that personally needs tzedka.

When considering a cause, see http://mg.alhatorah.org/Vayikra/25.35 and pay special attention to Rashi!

"When he is well enough, he works; when he is incapacitated, his own people take care of him. And not in a poor and stingy way, but with a fine and large benevolence. His race is entitled to be called the most benevolent of all the races of men. A Jewish beggar is not impossible, perhaps; such a thing may exist, but there are few men that can say they have seen that spectacle. The Jew has been staged in many uncomplimentary forms, but, so far as I know, no dramatist has done him the injustice to stage him as a beggar. Whenever a Jew has real need to beg, his people save him from the necessity of doing it. The charitable institutions of the Jews are supported by Jewish money, and amply. The Jews make no noise about it; it is done quietly; they do not nag and pester and harass us for contributions; they give us peace, and set us an example — an example which we have not found ourselves able to follow; for by nature we are not free givers, and have to be patiently and persistently hunted down in the interest of the unfortunate."
-Mark Twain, Concerning the Jews (Harper's Monthly, 1899)
« Last edited by YitzyS on July 02, 2023, 09:55:28 PM »

Author Topic: Personal Tzadaka/Charity Master Thread  (Read 117248 times)

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tzadaka Master Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 10:10:47 AM »
THANK YOU
FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!

You’ve just contributed  to Friends for Dvorahle

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 10:18:46 AM »
Much appreciated.

Please encourage anyone you know to to the same (no need to mention my DDF name. I wasn't the first to post about this worthy cause here. I think it's a good idea if anyone that gives because they saw it here would write in honor of DDF or in honor of Dansdeals, so we can show the power and friendship of this community).
That was me-your better description is what sent me there. Before you added I didn't even realize that we were dealing ith a case where the mother was r"l niftar.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline menachem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 10:46:09 AM »
I personally know this situation.

The Husband / father is self-employed very ehrlicher Yid, and obviously in the last 3 months as his wife's situation deteriorated faster than even the doctors thought when she was given the diagnosis, was barely able to work. He now needs to be there for his kids (and hopefully manages somehow to get his business to survive).

Last night, when my wife walked out of the shiva house, she was in tears. She told me that the little 4 year old girl is sure that her mommy is coming back after the shiva is over.

I also checked out the campaign, and can vouch for the fact that 100% of funds collected will go to the family. No one is taking any cut, commission or management fee.

I gave, and asked anyone I know from around the world to give. Please give, and encourage anyone you know to give.

If you need additional details you can PM me.

Thank you!
I personally also know this situation very well - We should only know of simchas!

If you can, please whatsapp to friends, family & all groups your part of and lets show the power of social media!

We can do it!! The goal should really be $500,000 or more. Hopefully we can raise the $320,000 and then up the goal!

Please encourage anyone you know to to the same (no need to mention my DDF name. I wasn't the first to post about this worthy cause here. I think it's a good idea if anyone that gives because they saw it here would write in honor of DDF or in honor of Dansdeals, so we can show the power and friendship of this community).

Great idea!! Lets show the power of ddf/dansdeals by writing it in when donating.
Much appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:50:46 AM by menachem »

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »
That was me-your better description is what sent me there. Before you added I didn't even realize that we were dealing ith a case where the mother was r"l niftar.

Thanks for your generosity!

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 11:20:53 AM »
That is greatly appreciated.

The widower was my tenant when he started his business. He is an extremely honest and smart CPA, one of the very few that I am actually comfortable referring business to.

If anyone knows someone starting a business, or that has a business that is going to the next level, and is looking for a very good CPA, please PM me and I will give you his contact info. I have a few business people that I referred to him, that are extremely satisfied.

One of the greatest levels of צדקה (not to take away from anything else, including the current campaign) is to help someone with providing him work. If you're looking for a CPA for a business, I encourage you to contact me in order to get this person's contact info, not because of the צדקה aspect, but because I believe you will be extremely happy with him.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 11:24:02 AM »
We can do it!! The goal should really be $500,000 or more. Hopefully we can raise the $320,000 and then up the goal!

Great idea!! Lets show the power of ddf/dansdeals by writing it in when donating.
I fully agree.

When I made the phone calls to verify that the money being raised is indeed going 100% to the family, I actually also criticized the number of $320,000 as being too low given the circumstances. I was given an explanation as to why they low-balled it, which I cannot argue with, but I think we here at ddf/dansdeals should all get together and make sure they actually raise $500,000 or more!

Adding to the donation that it's in honor of DDF/Dansdeals can only do good for everyone, as it will encourage more giving, and will reflect positively on this community.
-- Dan

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 11:57:27 AM »

The Husband / father is self-employed very ehrlicher Yid, and obviously in the last 3 months as his wife's situation deteriorated faster than even the doctors thought when she was given the diagnosis, was barely able to work. He now needs to be there for his kids (and hopefully manages somehow to get his business to survive).

Last night, when my wife walked out of the shiva house, she was in tears. She told me that the little 4 year old girl is sure that her mommy is coming back after the shiva is over.

I also checked out the campaign, and can vouch for the fact that 100% of funds collected will go to the family. No one is taking any cut, commission or management fee.

I gave, and asked anyone I know from around the world to give. Please give, and encourage anyone you know to give.

For those that are not clicking on link here's the info that would want to make you click & help;
On Wednesday evening last week, Mrs. Devorah Faiga Eidelman returned her pure Neshama to her creator at the young age of 48.

She left 9 broken orphans the youngest a tender 4 year old!.
For three months they prayed for a miracle it is now up to us to alleviate their burden.

Think of them!!

The small children anticipating their mother's return home, the Yeshiva bochurim who were not even granted the time to part from their mother, the older girls anxiously awaiting a shidduch.

Your generous assistance can lift the dark clouds a little bit.

The family can really use your help!

https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle

Thanks to all those that contributed already. If you can only give $18, $36 please donate and then reach out to ppl that can give more (i.e family, friends) and have them donate as well.

If only 500 of us take on $360 or 1000 of us take on $180 (either personally if able, or getting others to give through us) we can raise $180,000 within 24 hrs or less!

... but I think we here at ddf/dansdeals should all get together and make sure they actually raise $500,000 or more!

Adding to the donation that it's in honor of DDF/Dansdeals can only do good for everyone, as it will encourage more giving, and will reflect positively on this community.

I can't stress the importance of one-on-one conversations, be it face to face, or personally written messages.
It's proven %100 to be fruitful!
דברים היוצאים מהלב, נכנסים אל הלב!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 12:01:06 PM by menachem »

Online username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 12:12:19 PM »
Donated.

Offline Yikes2179

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 12:17:24 PM »

Offline Let3

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 02:06:38 PM »
+1
I donated
(didn't write there in honor of DDF - so letting you know here if it will help morale)

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »
I donated
(didn't write there in honor of DDF - so letting you know here if it will help morale)

Thanks! It will help, it's the idea that other ddf's should be encouraged to give..

Offline incendia

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2017, 03:08:01 PM »
I'm glad I found this thread and didn't start another one and get it over the head :-[

I know the family personally and they can use much more then the amount being raised!

"Where is Mommy? "Asks 4 year old Shusha, a spark of glimmer in her eyes.
"You said she is coming home today."
"She is not coming home today"
"But you said the same thing yesterday"

Three months of total chaos..

If you are reading this please DON'T stop, click on the link and continue. Every donation is needed & will HELP the family!
Thank you, It is much appreciated!

https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle

IF YOU (CAN) DONATE, KINDLY POST THAT YOU DID, TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO FOLLOW. TY

This doesn't explain what the funds will be used for.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2017, 03:41:55 PM »

Let's make the situation clear:

There's one breadwinner, who's self-employed and struggling to support his family. For the past 3 months while his wife was battling a terrible disease, he was there for her and for his family, not being able to put too much time into work.

There are young kids in the family, and no mother (who also took care of everything that needed to be done at home, besides regular mother/wife duties) around. They will need to hire extra help to make up for everything the deceased mother would do, to help the young kids with counseling and anything else they might need to alleviate the situation, and the father will need to spend more time at home, and less time at work, reducing his earning capacity.

Do we need any further explanations? Everyone involved in this is doing it to help the family, no-one involved will take a penny. It's all in order to help keep the family from collapsing financially.

P.S.
I am trying to arrange for someone to actually go and help out the widower's business a few hours per week. If anyone is interested in joining me in this, please PM.
-- Dan

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2017, 03:47:47 PM »
Let's make the situation clear:

There's one breadwinner, who's self-employed and struggling to support his family. For the past 3 months while his wife was battling a terrible disease, he was there for her and for his family, not being able to put too much time into work.

There are young kids in the family, and no mother (who also took care of everything that needed to be done at home, besides regular mother/wife duties) around. They will need to hire extra help to make up for everything the deceased mother would do, to help the young kids with counseling and anything else they might need to alleviate the situation, and the father will need to spend more time at home, and less time at work, reducing his earning capacity.

Do we need any further explanations? Everyone involved in this is doing it to help the family, no-one involved will take a penny. It's all in order to help keep the family from collapsing financially.

P.S.
I am trying to arrange for someone to actually go and help out the widower's business a few hours per week. If anyone is interested in joining me in this, please PM.

Thanks for beating me to it! Not necessary but very clearly explained.

Please don't plant hesitation in the hearts of others that would give! Now that it was explained to you, i'm going to look out for you donation - pls write your ddf username.

You could've just looked through the thread - see below>>>

Offline Let3

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2017, 07:10:49 PM »
I was thinking it would be a good idea to create a(nother) tzedaka website.
The point of it would be to be a central platform for all the "big" organizations that people like donating to.
Advantages:
It would be commission free- so 100% of the money will go to tzedaka (so people don't need to worry that 49% is going to some fundraiser).
It would have a "sign in" option- which would keep track of the total money you donated to all campaigns- to help with you maaser calculations,
It would consolidate all your tzedaka giving (even the small amounts at a time) into one tax deductible receipt.
(It can also keep track of all moneys raised for each campaign- and make special incentives at certain milestones...)

Does anyone think this would be a good idea?
And would anyone with computer skills be willing to "donate" time to help create this?

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2017, 07:47:23 PM »
The point of it would be to be a central platform for all the "big" organizations that people like donating to.
Advantages:
It would be commission free- so 100% of the money will go to tzedaka (so people don't need to worry that 49% is going to some fundraiser).
It would have a "sign in" option- which would keep track of the total money you donated to all campaigns- to help with you maaser calculations,
It would consolidate all your tzedaka giving (even the small amounts at a time) into one tax deductible receipt.
(It can also keep track of all moneys raised for each campaign- and make special incentives at certain milestones...)

And would anyone with computer skills be willing to "donate" time to help create this?

You're late on the game. There was one that opened up, precisely like you request and shut down..
https://www.newswire.com/news/charitybox-announces-launch-of-new-charity-platform

Online Am

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Tzadaka Master Thread
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2017, 10:16:01 PM »
Advantages:

How would commission free be sustainable? Sounds like the people who think there's no overhead for eCommerce because they don't have to pay rent.

Offline incendia

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2017, 10:21:23 PM »
Thanks for beating me to it! Not necessary but very clearly explained.

Please don't plant hesitation in the hearts of others that would give! Now that it was explained to you, i'm going to look out for you donation - pls write your ddf username.

You could've just looked through the thread - see below>>>

I will ask questions I feel are relevant

It wasn't explained well enough. $320k is a lot of money and can support a family for a decent amount of time (even in these terrible circumstances). I wanted to know why such a large amount is needed.

I wasn't going to bring it up but since you put at my feet... I find the idea of attributing donations to DDF extremely crass. You shouldn't make a show of charity. Charity should be given simply or better yet anonymously. 

Offline Let3

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »
How would commission free be sustainable? Sounds like the people who think there's no overhead for eCommerce because they don't have to pay rent.
Either through donations directly to the website (like charity.com does), or through a minimum "commission"- but that's not really commission, its 100% tzedaka - the same way the organizations need to pay an accountant and secretary etc - there are many expenses besides for the money they give out, but it's not the same as a "fundraiser" taking a 49% paycheck ...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:28:05 PM by Let3 »

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2017, 09:09:28 AM »
I will ask questions I feel are relevant

It wasn't explained well enough. $320k is a lot of money and can support a family for a decent amount of time (even in these terrible circumstances). I wanted to know why such a large amount is needed.

Are you married?

Do you have 9 children with the youngest having recently turned 4?

Do you have a mortgage to pay?

How about tuition, seminary and everything that goes along with that?

Are you a sole breadwinner who is self-employed and needed to spend the last 3-4 months dealing with spouse's illness, while trying to keep the household operating in a normal way?

I wasn't going to bring it up but since you put at my feet... I find the idea of attributing donations to DDF extremely crass. You shouldn't make a show of charity. Charity should be given simply or better yet anonymously.
I mostly give anonymously. However it מצוה לפרסם עושי מצוה, and the main (or sole) reason for any attribution or publicity is in order to encourage more giving, it has been proven to work!
-- Dan