Topic Wiki

Use this thread to offer donations or ask for them.

Please note this is not for organizations but rather for you or someone you know that personally needs tzedka.

When considering a cause, see http://mg.alhatorah.org/Vayikra/25.35 and pay special attention to Rashi!

"When he is well enough, he works; when he is incapacitated, his own people take care of him. And not in a poor and stingy way, but with a fine and large benevolence. His race is entitled to be called the most benevolent of all the races of men. A Jewish beggar is not impossible, perhaps; such a thing may exist, but there are few men that can say they have seen that spectacle. The Jew has been staged in many uncomplimentary forms, but, so far as I know, no dramatist has done him the injustice to stage him as a beggar. Whenever a Jew has real need to beg, his people save him from the necessity of doing it. The charitable institutions of the Jews are supported by Jewish money, and amply. The Jews make no noise about it; it is done quietly; they do not nag and pester and harass us for contributions; they give us peace, and set us an example — an example which we have not found ourselves able to follow; for by nature we are not free givers, and have to be patiently and persistently hunted down in the interest of the unfortunate."
-Mark Twain, Concerning the Jews (Harper's Monthly, 1899)
« Last edited by YitzyS on July 02, 2023, 09:55:28 PM »

Author Topic: Personal Tzadaka/Charity Master Thread  (Read 115472 times)

Offline menachem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tzadaka Master Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2017, 04:06:18 PM »
Ikar mitzva of tzedaka is עניים, Not to take away from other worthy causes, or the טובת הנאה of the fiver, but definitely worth keeping in mind.

Did you contribute yet? Campaign needs major boost! ( B"H I got a few hundred to be given on Friday, working on my goal for today)

https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2017, 04:35:29 PM »
Did you contribute yet? Campaign needs major boost! ( B"H I got a few hundred to be given on Friday, working on my goal for today)

Some people I spoke to will be giving in a way that works better for their tax purposes.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2017, 04:37:56 PM »

Yup

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2017, 04:41:40 PM »
Some people I spoke to will be giving in a way that works better for their tax purposes.

The online campaign is tax-exempt. If someone wants name of the fund and address to send check please PM me.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2017, 04:45:07 PM »
The online campaign is tax-exempt. If someone wants name of the fund and address to send check please PM me.
Some business owners have better ways to get top line deductions in this case than just giving to a tax exempt organization.
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »
Some business owners have better ways to get top line deductions in this case than just giving to a tax exempt organization.
Exactly
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2017, 05:02:12 PM »

The above link is for all of us that aren't business owners ;D

Ok, wtvr works for them.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2017, 05:25:37 PM »
The above link is for all of us that aren't business owners ;D
Business owners can PM for instructions.
-- Dan

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2017, 04:39:18 PM »

B"H got a pledge for 5k!! They'll be sending a check (so it won't show on the campaign page).

If I can do it, you can too!!

Reach out to friends, family and acquaintances who have the ability to to give in the 4/5 digits and let it be written/spoken from your heart!! They will give!! Who can turn down such a cause?!

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2017, 04:49:14 PM »
I fully agree.

When I made the phone calls to verify that the money being raised is indeed going 100% to the family, I actually also criticized the number of $320,000 as being too low given the circumstances. I was given an explanation as to why they low-balled it, which I cannot argue with, but I think we here at ddf/dansdeals should all get together and make sure they actually raise $500,000 or more!

Adding to the donation that it's in honor of DDF/Dansdeals can only do good for everyone, as it will encourage more giving, and will reflect positively on this community.

Check out the link >>> https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle

You'll notice that a few thousand came in today ~ I got someone to reach out to others and they donated ~ over $2,000 collectively!

Chevra, the least we can do for the 9 orphans is to help them with financial stability, so their father can care for them and not be busy with financial woes!!

Let's do this TOGETHER! It's a great Mitzvah and will help out the family tremendously!!

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2017, 01:49:47 AM »
Thanks to @menachem for getting a very special yungerman to offer matching funds.

Please continue to give at https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle and spread the word. There's someone matching dollar for dollar!

Don't pay attention to the goal that was set. Keep in mind that the widower was working 12-14 hours a day (not because he's a workaholic, but out of necessity) before his wife got sick. He has young kids at home. The right thing to do would be to enable him to cut down his work hours very significantly, so he can be there for his kids. Every dollar help, and a lot is needed.
-- Dan

Offline chulent613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2017, 09:47:56 AM »
Guys,

I don't know this family personally. I don't even know anyone in crown heights.
ExGingi told me about this campaign and explained the cause to me.
Right away it really hit home and I felt compelled to give way more than I normally would.
I usually don't like giving to these online campaigns because most of them are the same organizations running dramatic stories... This isn't being run by a marketing team, it's the real deal.
Now that someone is matching every dollar I plan on giving again and telling people about this.
Whoever is spearheading this is a tzadik.

Let's keep up the DDF effect, it's not every day that we have this opportunity to really make a difference.

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »
Thanks to @menachem for getting a very special yungerman to offer matching funds.

Please continue to give at https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle and spread the word. There's someone matching dollar for dollar!

Don't pay attention to the goal that was set. Keep in mind that the widower was working 12-14 hours a day (not because he's a workaholic, but out of necessity) before his wife got sick. He has young kids at home. The right thing to do would be to enable him to cut down his work hours very significantly, so he can be there for his kids. Every dollar help, and a lot is needed.

Please listen to the attachment below for validity of the matcher.
It was downloaded from whatapp so not sure if it works. Guess will find out soon...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:04:18 PM by menachem »

Offline whacked1

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2017, 08:12:22 PM »
I tried to donate and got this message

"Stripe blocked this charge as too risky.
Type: blocked
Network Status: not_sent_to_network
Risk Level: highest

pm an address, bl"n i'll send a check

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2017, 08:16:06 PM »
I tried to donate and got this message

pm an address, bl"n i'll send a check

Thank you! Check your inbox.

Offline whacked1

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2017, 08:20:21 PM »
Thank you! Check your inbox.
got it. thx

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2017, 12:31:47 PM »

Whenever I return to ddf I notice that there's been more and more views on this thread. Don't just view, be a donor!!
If you come to this thread, as soon as you finish reading click on this link; https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle and donate as much as you can!
Please, be a part of it! and not just observe it.

UPDATE: It's been 1/2 hour since I posted this, 18 views and 1 donation. Thank you to the donor.
We can do better then that!!
IF YOU LOOK AT THIS THREAD, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE AND HELP OUT A FAMILY OF 9 ORPHANS!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:05:41 PM by menachem »

Offline MeirS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2017, 03:12:35 PM »
Whenever I return to ddf I notice that there's been more and more views on this thread. Don't just view, be a donor!!
If you come to this thread, as soon as you finish reading click on this link; https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle and donate as much as you can!

UPDATE: It's been 1/2 hour since I posted this, 18 views and 1 donation. Thank you to the donor.
IF YOU LOOK AT THIS THREAD, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE AND HELP OUT A FAMILY OF 9 ORPHANS!!
I view this thread every time I see there are new comments. I wish I was able to donate to this cause that often.

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2017, 04:03:18 PM »
I view this thread every time I see there are new comments. I wish I was able to donate to this cause that often.
+1

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2017, 04:14:53 PM »

Forgot to mention and I apologize, those who already donated and are viewing new comments, thank you and this message wasn't intended for you ;)

Those who are reading this and did not donate yet, kindly read the quote above and then click on the donate link.

Thanks.