Topic Wiki

Use this thread to offer donations or ask for them.

Please note this is not for organizations but rather for you or someone you know that personally needs tzedka.

When considering a cause, see http://mg.alhatorah.org/Vayikra/25.35 and pay special attention to Rashi!

"When he is well enough, he works; when he is incapacitated, his own people take care of him. And not in a poor and stingy way, but with a fine and large benevolence. His race is entitled to be called the most benevolent of all the races of men. A Jewish beggar is not impossible, perhaps; such a thing may exist, but there are few men that can say they have seen that spectacle. The Jew has been staged in many uncomplimentary forms, but, so far as I know, no dramatist has done him the injustice to stage him as a beggar. Whenever a Jew has real need to beg, his people save him from the necessity of doing it. The charitable institutions of the Jews are supported by Jewish money, and amply. The Jews make no noise about it; it is done quietly; they do not nag and pester and harass us for contributions; they give us peace, and set us an example — an example which we have not found ourselves able to follow; for by nature we are not free givers, and have to be patiently and persistently hunted down in the interest of the unfortunate."
-Mark Twain, Concerning the Jews (Harper's Monthly, 1899)
« Last edited by YitzyS on July 02, 2023, 09:55:28 PM »

Author Topic: Personal Tzadaka/Charity Master Thread  (Read 115576 times)

Offline Bh101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tzadaka Master Thread
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2017, 04:31:05 PM »
Forgot to mention and I apologize, those who already donated and are viewing new comments, thank you and this message wasn't intended for you ;)

Those who are reading this and did not donate yet, kindly read the quote above and then click on the donate link.

Thanks.
this is the Tzedakah MASTER thread. not just for this specific cause. could be ppl are checking if theres another cause posted yet....

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2017, 05:34:51 PM »
Whenever I return to ddf I notice that there's been more and more views on this thread. Don't just view, be a donor!!
If you come to this thread, as soon as you finish reading click on this link; https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle and donate as much as you can!
Please, be a part of it! and not just observe it.

UPDATE: It's been 1/2 hour since I posted this, 18 views and 1 donation. Thank you to the donor.
We can do better then that!!
IF YOU LOOK AT THIS THREAD, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE AND HELP OUT A FAMILY OF 9 ORPHANS!!
Kindly advice, chill.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline chulent613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »
Whenever I return to ddf I notice that there's been more and more views on this thread. Don't just view, be a donor!!
If you come to this thread, as soon as you finish reading click on this link; https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle and donate as much as you can!
Please, be a part of it! and not just observe it.

UPDATE: It's been 1/2 hour since I posted this, 18 views and 1 donation. Thank you to the donor.
We can do better then that!!
IF YOU LOOK AT THIS THREAD, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE AND HELP OUT A FAMILY OF 9 ORPHANS!!
Donated twice.

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2017, 07:41:15 PM »
Guys,

I don't know this family personally. I don't even know anyone in crown heights.
ExGingi told me about this campaign and explained the cause to me.
Right away it really hit home and I felt compelled to give way more than I normally would.
I usually don't like giving to these online campaigns because most of them are the same organizations running dramatic stories... This isn't being run by a marketing team, it's the real deal.
Now that someone is matching every dollar I plan on giving again and telling people about this.
Whoever is spearheading this is a tzadik.

Let's keep up the DDF effect, it's not every day that we have this opportunity to really make a difference.
Donated twice.

Thank you very much. May the Aibershter bentch you hatzlacha 10x more!

this is the Tzedakah MASTER thread. not just for this specific cause. could be ppl are checking if theres another cause posted yet....

You've been around ddf long enough. Do you remember this campaign; http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=18891.0??
There's 5 pages and there was constant nudging, but at the end of the day the job got done!
Yes, this is a MASTER thread and that's where the ddf wants the Eidelman campaign to be posted..So you will see more posts on this specific cause!

Please continue to give at https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle

Don't pay attention to the goal that was set. Keep in mind that the widower was working 12-14 hours a day (not because he's a workaholic, but out of necessity) before his wife got sick. He has young kids at home. The right thing to do would be to enable him to cut down his work hours very significantly, so he can be there for his kids. Every dollar help, and a lot is needed.
Again, thanks to all those who already contributed!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:01:44 PM by menachem »

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »
Thank you @whacked1 for your nice donation! Check was received and will be sent to the family.

If you want to send a check, please PM me and I'll give you the details.

If you're new to this thread, please contribute at; https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle

Thanks again for all those that already took part!

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2017, 01:10:33 PM »
I approached someone to contribute to the Eidelman campaign and they insisted in paying directly towards a bill of the family, rather than through the campaign.
They gave me a $3000 check towards an outstanding balance, that I just picked up and delivered.

If you would like to do the same, PM me and i'll give you the info of where to write the check or if it's a large amount, I'll pick it up personally.

Today is the Shloshim, lets show some DDF power >>>> https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle - 100% of your donation will go to the family!!

If you would still like verification on this campaign, feel free to PM me and I'll provide it.

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2017, 05:31:27 PM »
Is it against forum rules to post about a worthy organization in need of tzedakah?

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2017, 08:46:44 PM »
Is it against forum rules to post about a worthy organization in need of tzedakah?
It's also pidyon shvuyim for the head of the organization, who is facing jail time and if they come up with the money he has a big chance of being let off the hook. Is it ok to post details?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »
It's also pidyon shvuyim for the head of the organization, who is facing jail time and if they come up with the money he has a big chance of being let off the hook. Is it ok to post details?
PM jj1000. Why not pay for an ad on DDMS ? The results will be far greater than here in this thread.

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2017, 10:27:34 PM »
PM jj1000. Why not pay for an ad on DDMS ? The results will be far greater than here in this thread.
Good idea thanks!

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2017, 12:40:43 AM »
I don't mean any harm and I would like to donate, but is there a way to verify the campaign? thank you and tizku l'mitzvos! in reference to the dvorale fund
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:26:15 AM by since1492 »
the masmid atzum
מאז

Offline MeirS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2017, 02:41:06 AM »
I don't mean any harm and I would like to donate, but is there a way to verify the campaign? thank you and tizku l'mitzvos! in reference to the dvorale fund
PM this guy
I approached someone to contribute to the Eidelman campaign and they insisted in paying directly towards a bill of the family, rather than through the campaign.
They gave me a $3000 check towards an outstanding balance, that I just picked up and delivered.

If you would like to do the same, PM me and i'll give you the info of where to write the check or if it's a large amount, I'll pick it up personally.

Today is the Shloshim, lets show some DDF power >>>> https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle - 100% of your donation will go to the family!!

If you would still like verification on this campaign, feel free to PM me and I'll provide it.
Or this guy
Thanks to @menachem for getting a very special yungerman to offer matching funds.

Please continue to give at https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle and spread the word. There's someone matching dollar for dollar!

Don't pay attention to the goal that was set. Keep in mind that the widower was working 12-14 hours a day (not because he's a workaholic, but out of necessity) before his wife got sick. He has young kids at home. The right thing to do would be to enable him to cut down his work hours very significantly, so he can be there for his kids. Every dollar help, and a lot is needed.
Or you can take my word for it. I know this situation is as legit as they get.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2017, 05:03:02 PM »
Thanks to @menachem for getting a very special yungerman to offer matching funds.

Please continue to give at https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle and spread the word. There's someone matching dollar for dollar!

Donated, tizkeh l'mitzvos
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2017, 05:48:07 PM »
Check your inbox. Pm'd you.
Thanks @MeirS
Donated, tizkeh l'mitzvos
There's ddf power and then there's the man himself. Thanks @Dan!
If not for you, this forum wouldn't exist :) :)
lets show some DDF power >>>> https://thechesedfund.com/cause/friedns-for-dvorahle - 100% of your donation will go to the family!!

Today on Tishe b'av it is customary to increase in Tzedaka ^
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:23:25 PM by menachem »

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2017, 12:48:34 AM »
Assuming this is still the Master thread. if it's only the dvorahle page let's rename and make a new master.

https://thechesedfund.com/cause/please-help-the-gruen-family

http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=HXLbHSdtUS

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2017, 10:47:05 PM »
Assuming this is still the Master thread. if it's only the dvorahle page let's rename and make a new master.

Yes, it's still master thread. I donated.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2017, 02:34:45 AM »
Yes, it's still master thread. I donated.
+1

Brought back memories of my BIL's accident on route 80 with a tractor trailer.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2017, 11:23:51 PM »
Sometimes people don't realize what happens when a non-working spouse dies prematurely.

Her husband was working long hours to support his family, but the kids need a parent at home. He just cannot spend all those hours at work any more! Let's all get together, so that the kids can have a father at home, without totally destroying his livelihood. Let's enable him to cut his work hours by 50% so his kids can at least have a father, now that they lost their mother!

https://unidy.org/eidelmanfund

$48k is still needed at this time to make sure the matching money comes through! Campaign ends Sunday, Please help either personally or by getting others to donate!

*This matching campaign is in connection with the previous fundraiser, as many funds are still desperately needed for the family and 100% of your donation goes to the family and is tax-deductible.*

Offline menachem

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2017, 02:47:56 PM »
Sometimes people don't realize what happens when a non-working spouse dies prematurely.

Her husband was working long hours to support his family, but the kids need a parent at home. He just cannot spend all those hours at work any more! Let's all get together, so that the kids can have a father at home, without totally destroying his livelihood. Let's enable him to cut his work hours by 50% so his kids can at least have a father, now that they lost their mother!

https://unidy.org/eidelmanfund

$48k $40k is still needed at this time to make sure the matching money comes through! Campaign ends SundayExtended, Please donate today! Don't wait till it's too late!! Please help either personally or by getting others to donate!

*This matching campaign is in connection with the previous fundraiser, as many funds are still desperately needed for the family and 100% of your donation goes to the family and is tax-deductible.*

Updated. see above.