Author Topic: SPG Flights earns mileage!  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
SPG Flights earns mileage!
« on: November 16, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
I am not sure if the following is known I just figured it was worth mentionintg.
I just used SPG flights to book a ticket on Jet Blue and besides for charging me a very reasonable amount of starwood points for the flight I also noticed a big plus that doesnt usually exist on regular award flights. As far as I know on all other award flights that are booked with the use of points/mileage you dont earn any points for that flight (i.e. an award flight payed with Delta skymiles does not earn you any skymiles for that flight) but when you book through SPG flights they basically purchase the tickets for you so it is not considered an award flight and you CAN earn miles/points for that flight (i.e. i earned Jet Blue points for the flight that i booked through SPG flights)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: SPG Flights earns mileage!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 05:08:56 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.