Author Topic: posted airline ticket  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Chanchichi

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
posted airline ticket
« on: April 14, 2011, 09:09:52 AM »
I was very excited to find a metziah on  a flight on cheapoair but....when I went to book the ticket (actually 3 flights at this price were posted) a message came up that due to a rare problem the seats were sold out.  Isn't this false advertising? Is there any recourse?

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: posted airline ticket
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 09:27:55 AM »
I was very excited to find a metziah on  a flight on cheapoair but....when I went to book the ticket (actually 3 flights at this price were posted) a message came up that due to a rare problem the seats were sold out.  Isn't this false advertising? Is there any recourse?
it always says somewhere on the site that there may not be available at that site...
you always need to click on the flight and make sure its actually there.. sometimes it takes time to register.
but usually, if you keep checkin there is a chance itll show up again at that price again.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 09:55:11 AM »

CheapoAir's been discussed here before, you can find it using search. It could mean inventory ran out at that price, which is very likely with a really good price. I doubt there's malicious intent on CheapoAir's part...
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:41:14 AM »
CheapoAir's been discussed here before, you can find it using search. It could mean inventory ran out at that price, which is very likely with a really good price. I doubt there's malicious intent on CheapoAir's part...
May not be malicious but searching on that site brings up flights that have long been gone. Only after clicking all the way through does it tell you its unavailable.

In many instances, if you search again, those same unavailable flights will come up again.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:46:11 AM »
I've had the same thing happen with kayak