Author Topic: W Hotels 40% off the W Hotels mattress  (Read 35914 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Mattresses
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2011, 01:16:34 AM »
In conclusion.

I couldn't find a coupon code for W, so scratched that.
I called 800 mattress yesterday and asked them to deliver today.
They said they are closed today.
I said forget it then, so they said they could deliver today.
I chose a package for 425 delivered assembled.
They called back and said they can't deliver thursday night, only afternoon.
I said forget it.
They called back and said they can deliver friday and will knock off 100. I said fine.
It's great if it's a great bed.  Otherwise ho hum.  Do they charge tax?

BTW the first hit on DD for mattress is this: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/14248
Just tried the code and it works perfectly.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2011, 11:51:04 PM »
It's great if it's a great bed.  Otherwise ho hum.  Do they charge tax?

BTW the first hit on DD for mattress is this: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/14248
Just tried the code and it works perfectly.

Well, too late, so I don't care.
The bed is good. that price included tax.

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2011, 10:05:44 PM »
I just bought my daughter (3 years old) a mattress from Costco for 119.  They were on sale.  I figure she is light enough, it will be fine.  Plus can't beat their return policy.

My husband and I both have the W bed and LOVE it.  Worth every single penny.  That being said, might not be a good idea in law school.  You might not want to get out of bed in the morn.
Bit of a late reply...but 2 years into law school, my W mattress works great.

Offline ShmuliT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
W Hotel 10 year mattress warranty claim
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:52 PM »
A couple years ago i purchased a set of W Hotel beds (with a 40% off code - thanks dan). I may want to make a warranty claim being that they do sink in quite a bit (2.5"). I"ve done some googling and have come up with the following info. Have any of you had any problems with these mattresses? and any tips on filling a claim?

On DD main site: Mes Says: "keep in mind that if you use your own bed frame the warranty is null and void..."

Some sites say that "Simmons Warranty Services" who handle the warranty are very hard to get in contact with, and you may have to ship the mattress to them!

Another site:
- "Here's the kicker - We have the Plush Top, if you pull a string across the top of the mattress and measure to try and file a warranty claim the sagging is only about 1/2" (you need 1.5" for a claim) but if you get up on the bed it has lost support in the area where you lay to where it is completely worn out. I can take my hand and easily push it down about 8" I need to stress easily it would be about the same as pushing down on a pillow. I think they are designed to where the top part will not appear to sag because it is held taught by the outer edge."

- "This company uses border-line fraudulent guidelines to deny warranty claims. The mattress has been making a pinging (ting) sound and it has made sleeping impossible without changing one's position in the bed multiple times. How irritating! I thought it would be an easy warranty fix. No. Simmons, in response to the "pinging-sound" stated this in their warranty response:
"Due to stains or soilage, therefore, we must deny warranty coverage. The warranty has been voided." "

And one more: "...The beds allegedly do not need to be be flipped by design.
If by dents, you mean the impression left by your body.... the warranty will cover dents bigger than 1.5" deep. (I have no idea how they measure this...)
However, the warranty will not cover any bent wires on the edge of the bed."

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: W Hotel 10 year mattress warranty claim
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »
Do you have the plush top or the pillow top? (Just curious, as I have the plush on Dan's recco.)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ShmuliT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2011, 10:20:29 PM »
Do you have the plush top or the pillow top? (Just curious, as I have the plush on Dan's recco.)
I also followed dan and got the plush top!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2011, 11:10:11 PM »
...and it sinks 2.5 inches after two years? Oiy.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2011, 11:32:56 PM »
Had mine for 3+ years and no sagging.

Good luck on the claim!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2011, 11:44:16 PM »
Had mine for 3+ years and no sagging.

Good luck on the claim!

Here's to hoping I my mattress follows b'drachav.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:49:23 PM by AJK »

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2011, 11:47:54 PM »
Here's to hoping I my matures follows b'drachav.

Wow! you're just lucky I'm not one of those nitpicky guys

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2011, 11:49:34 PM »
Wow! you're just lucky I'm not one of those nitpicky guys

:P fixed.

Not sure how that happened...

(And, for the record, what you did is basically tantamount to someone posting to say "no comment.")

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2011, 11:54:30 PM »
:P fixed.

Not sure how that happened...
still needs more fixing  :)
(And, for the record, what you did is basically tantamount to someone posting to say "no comment.")
nope, it was actually a way to point out your mistake while pretending not to
more similar to those who "say no offense but you're dumb" :o

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »
OK, this time it deserves to be left up there for posterity.

Offline Yungerman

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »
I need to get new mattresses and after reading the recommendations here I was on the verge of buying the W plush top with featherbed.

However, after reading some reviews and forum discussions, I'm not so sure.......

This particular forum has an overwhelming voice proclaiming that after 3-4 years the mattress
will sag significantly and be uncomfortable to sleep in, notwithstanding the 'heavenly' sleep experienced during the first 3-4 years.

Any comments? Particularly from someone who had the mattress 5+ years?

P.S. Also, based on other's reviews, the 10 year warranty isn't the most user-friendly. Well, what can you expect from a company with a F rating on BBB(http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/mattresses/w-hotels-the-store-in-new-york-ny-96773/). If purchased with Amex, will Amex cover you even within the 10 years?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:51:15 PM by Dan »

Offline Yungerman

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2012, 12:26:39 PM »
I'm moving next week iyh. Any input?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »
I've had multiple W beds for many years and have no problems, ba"h.

Offline Yungerman

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »
If purchased with Amex, will Amex cover you even within the 10 years?

I don't have with me the fine print. Are mattresses ever excluded from warranty extensions/enforcement?

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »
W bed+more
they have the W beds here.. not sure if its chpr or more exp than with the 35/40% off- but if u do have any credits to GILT.COM it comes out to be a great price...

Offline Yungerman

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2012, 02:04:00 AM »
After hours of research I've came to conclude the following:

• If you want your mattress to last, don't get a pillowtop. Those mattress will eventually develop body impressions
    that will render sleep torturous.
  • From the big S companies(Simmons, Sealy, and Serta), Simmons is the best.
  • Never buy at full retail(a general rule in all purchases of course). Mattresses have one of the most overblown markups
    of any industry.
  • Warranty claims with the major manufacturers are tedious and costly. Some family owned stores will give a goodwill type of
    guarantee though for 3-5 years.
  • The S companies have multiple names for identical mattresses which differ with the retailer.
  • The W Hotel mattress is a Simmons Beautyrest Classic(lowest tier of Simmons Beautyrest(Classic, Elite, World Class, and Black)). While it certainly is a good mattress and with the 35-40% it's probably better than the retail pricing of a different NAMED(identical though) Beautyrest Classic, attention must be given to the fact that a featherbed(or similar topper in comfort) coupled with high thread count bedding(which decent hotels use) will SIGNIFICANTLY add to the overall feel of the mattress. A Beautyrest Classic(higher tier as well) can be purchased at certain outlets(sometimes hard to locate) for a few hundred dollars less than what's priced at the W Hotel online store. Once again, it's still a good buy(unless you get the pillowtop{which is identical to the Westin heavenly bed BTW. I'm not talking about comfort, which varies person by person,  just longevity}), just keep in account that the W bed is a Beautyrest Classic made(the quilt has W all over it etc.) for the W hotel, nothing more.
  • Memory foam and latex mattress owners are more satisfied with their purchase than coil mattress owners. See sleeplikethedead.com

All in all, I got for my wife a Beautyrest World Class Plush set(with boxspring and frame) for around $700 delivered and for myself a Simmons Comforpedic Loft Enchanting Nights(bright nights on simmons' website) for around $860 delivered. I bought them at two different outlets that get inventory directly from Simmons' factory. A missing stitch or a minuscule blemish on the side or bottom shaves off hundreds and thousands from the retail price.  We saved literally thousands off our mattresses. If you live in Southern Florida and are in need of mattresses, PM me for details. I apologize if I was too brief in my above comments.

Sweet Dreams!! 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2012, 02:10:04 AM »
The W is higher than the classic line.  Also it can be had without haggling a salesperson and with no sales tax.
And there's no need to buy their overpriced boxspring if you don't need it.