Author Topic: Trump-Republican tax plan, Bad for large families  (Read 49795 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Trump-Republican tax plan bad for large families
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2017, 10:44:40 AM »
On what basis are you saying this other than that you disagree? Do you have any source? The top one was written in part by the a Vice President at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and the last is from the CBO.
הוא מתיב לה והוא מפרק לה:

Talking points... just (studies with) an agenda.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ADG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2017, 11:00:56 AM »
It is very simple. Anything which disagrees with what I want to true is full of @#*^%$&^#%$

I do not need to bring evidence to support a claim that the lowering corporate taxes wont increase wages. You need to present reasonable evidence to support this causation and you have not. Those studies to not prove this. If you can present a logical argument then there will be a requirement to submit evidence to debunk that logic. but that is not the case.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »
I do not need to bring evidence to support a claim that the lowering corporate taxes wont increase wages. You need to present reasonable evidence to support this causation and you have not. Those studies to not prove this. If you can present a logical argument then there will be a requirement to submit evidence to debunk that logic. but that is not the case.
Why do these studies not prove it? You have not even mentioned any logic at all other than that we should accept your swear words.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2017, 11:12:45 AM »
Why do these studies not prove it? You have not even mentioned any logic at all other than that we should accept your swear words.

You presented one study from over a decade ago from a budget office under a political agenda. You are far from proving your point.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2017, 11:17:42 AM »
You presented one study from over a decade ago from a budget office under a political agenda. You are far from proving your point.
Until you can come up with something other than that you do not like their findings and some swear words I am still miles closer than you. All three studies there present numbers as a basis to their findings. Do you have any basis to dispute them? Time is irrelevant and you have not shown any reason to believe that the CBO or the Fed was under a political agenda.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2017, 11:29:50 AM »
If everything were just so simple and/or black and white...

A good suggested read is: http://www.mauldineconomics.com/frontlinethoughts/life-on-the-edge
What point were you trying to make with this? I didn't get through the whole thing, but I skimmed, and it doesn't seem relevant to this discussion.

Until you can come up with something other than that you do not like their findings and some swear words I am still miles closer than you. All three studies there present numbers as a basis to their findings. Do you have any basis to dispute them? Time is irrelevant and you have not shown any reason to believe that the CBO or the Fed was under a political agenda.
I'm always curious with you when you do this type of thing. Are you somehow truly only informed of one side of the discussion, or do you have a clearer picture than you let on, and you do things like this just to 'win' the argument with someone who may not be as versed as they should in their own side of the argument?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2017, 11:38:21 AM »
What point were you trying to make with this? I didn't get through the whole thing, but I skimmed, and it doesn't seem relevant to this discussion.
I'm always curious with you when you do this type of thing. Are you somehow truly only informed of one side of the discussion, or do you have a clearer picture than you let on, and you do things like this just to 'win' the argument with someone who may not be as versed as they should in their own side of the argument?
Of course there are two sides to this. That is exactly my point. I was responding to these statements of his.

why do they assume that lower taxes for huge corporation will make wages higher... it just makes the rich richer!
Pence is directly saying it leads to wages and to me there is no evidence to support that nonsense.
He is so full of @^%$@%. saying it will better the small guy. It just makes the wealthy corporations have more money and power. which leads to aless adverse workforce.
I responded that there is evidence that it is true. I understand that much has to do with how to interpret the evidence. Most likely is that it helps somewhat but not to the extent the Rs are making it but better than the Ds say. To just brush it aside with no basis at all is ridiculous.

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2017, 11:43:18 AM »

Again, you are trying to prove a point that their is a connection and causation between two things. I do not need to disprove something illogical. Even if the studies were true and conducted without some sort of agenda or mandate it still does not prove that wages will be increase in the feature. By wages I do not mean the executives who are already making hundreds times over the average employee.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2017, 11:47:03 AM »
Again, you are trying to prove a point that their is a connection and causation between two things. I do not need to disprove something illogical. Even if the studies were true and conducted without some sort of agenda or mandate it still does not prove that wages will be increase in the feature. By wages I do not mean the executives who are already making hundreds times over the average employee.
I am not proving anything, but just because you decide to ignore their numbers doesn't mean that someone who chooses not to is full of @%$#.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2017, 11:47:50 AM »
Of course there are two sides to this. That is exactly my point. I was responding to these statements of his.
I responded that there is evidence that it is true. I understand that much has to do with how to interpret the evidence. Most likely is that it helps somewhat but not to the extent the Rs are making it but better than the Ds say. To just brush it aside with no basis at all is ridiculous.
You say that, but a simple reading of your comments don't imply that. Wouldn't you better serve the 'truth' by stating your whole opinion on the matter in the first place? It's a very misleading tactic that basically promotes a lot of unnecessary back and forth. If it weren't almost entirely in JS threads I'd think it was post padding.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2017, 11:51:56 AM »
You say that, but a simple reading of your comments don't imply that. Wouldn't you better serve the 'truth' by stating your whole opinion on the matter in the first place? It's a very misleading tactic that basically promotes a lot of unnecessary back and forth. If it weren't almost entirely in JS threads I'd think it was post padding.
I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I don't have an evidence based opinion on supply side economics and anything I would say on the matter would be an appeal to authority. My point was that he wasn't even doing that.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2017, 12:03:47 PM »
I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I don't have an evidence based opinion on supply side economics and anything I would say on the matter would be an appeal to authority. My point was that he wasn't even doing that.
You could've just written that. I didn't misunderstand you. I had to guess at your opinion based on what you wrote/didn't write.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2017, 12:09:44 PM »
You could've just written that. I didn't misunderstand you. I had to guess at your opinion based on what you wrote/didn't write.
I guess that is because I wasn't stating an opinion.

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2017, 03:19:01 PM »

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2017, 03:25:04 PM »
https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/11.14.17%20Chairman's%20Modified%20Mark.pdf

What happened to Orrin Hatch's supposed tax break for paying tuition to private religious schools as reported in the end of the link below?

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/11/12/orrin-hatch-to-introduce-senate-tax-reform-bill-amendments-changing-401k-ira-classifications.html
Who cares? It would allow us to set up 529's for our children in utero!   /s