Author Topic: Trump-Republican tax plan, Bad for large families  (Read 138426 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Trump-Republican tax plan, Bad for large families
« on: November 27, 2016, 03:26:19 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/26/for-some-in-middle-class-trump-plan-would-mean-tax-increase.html

http://tpc-election-calculator.urban.org/

In a effort to simplify the tax code, Trump/Republicans want to drop all the $4,050 exemptions that you get for every member in your household and instead replace that with raising the standard deduction from $12,700 to $30,000, without having any personal exemptions . For a family of 4 (2 kids), that is fine since they will get $30,000 tax free instead of $28,900 (4x $4050 + 12,700). But for a family with let's say 5 kids it is a disaster. Instead of being able to earn $41,050 tax free ($4,050 x 7 + $12,700), you will now only get a standard deduction of $30,000. They are in effect treating a family with 5 or 6 kids, the same as a family with 1 or 2 kids.

Is there any effective way to contact the Republican congressman and senators and tell them that its ok to want to simplify the tax code and to want to remove all the personal exemptions, but they can't to that on the backs of large families. It makes no sense to make one standard deduction of $30,000 for both small and large families, and no longer have exemptions for each family member.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:26:56 AM by jj1000 »

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
Re: Trump-Republican tax plan bad for large families
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/26/for-some-in-middle-class-trump-plan-would-mean-tax-increase.html

http://tpc-election-calculator.urban.org/

In a effort to simplify the tax code, Trump/Republicans want to drop all the $4,050 exemptions that you get for every member in your household and instead replace that with raising the standard deduction from $12,700 to $30,000, without having any personal exemptions . For a family of 4 (2 kids), that is fine since they will get $30,000 tax free instead of $28,900 (4x $4050 + 12,700). But for a family with let's say 5 kids it is a disaster. Instead of being able to earn $41,050 tax free ($4,050 x 7 + $12,700), you will now only get a standard deduction of $30,000. They are in effect treating a family with 5 or 6 kids, the same as a family with 1 or 2 kids.

Is there any effective way to contact the Republican congressman and senators and tell them that its ok to want to simplify the tax code and to want to remove all the personal exemptions, but they can't to that on the backs of large families. It makes no sense to make one standard deduction of $30,000 for both small and large families, and no longer have exemptions for each family member.
The issue is what might work for you might not work for others. I believe most of America doesnt have 7 kids. And thats part of the simplifying.
#TYH

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:27:25 AM »
That is taking the attitude of who asked you to have so many. I'm looking if there is a way to have our voices  heard. I know full well that must of America doesn't  have 7 kids, but logic says that a larger family deserves some help since they have more expenses then a family with no kids.

This whole idea of simplifying the tax code may have made sense 20 years ago, but today the IRS encourages everyone to efile, and the computer software doesn't need help figuring out standard deductions and exemptions.

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »
That is taking the attitude of who asked you to have so many. I'm looking if there is a way to have our voices  heard. I know full well that must of America doesn't  have 7 kids, but logic says that a larger family deserves some help since they have more expenses then a family with no kids.

This whole idea of simplifying the tax code may have made sense 20 years ago, but today the IRS encourages everyone to efile, and the computer software doesn't need help figuring out standard deductions and exemptions.
That is not what i meant.  All i said if you are trying to fight something,  the people you will discuss it with will not be able to relate
#TYH

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 01:38:18 PM »
You need to write to your elected officials. The problem is a family of 7 is in such a minority you probably won't get far but it can't hurt.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 02:06:12 PM »
I've been shouting this from the rooftops in the poisen thread.
Trump is horrific for our community. Not to mention benefit cuts that are sure to come.

Didn't stop the yated from endorsing him, and the vast majority of the community voting for him like sheep.

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 02:11:28 PM »
Trump is horrific for our community. Not to mention benefit cuts that are sure to come.

Didn't stop the yated from endorsing him, and the vast majority of the community voting for him like sheep.

All Jews are rich. What's the big deal? Cheap too?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »

Maybe because many believe in conservative and capitalistic ideals even if it means paying more?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »
I think DJT can relate to having quite a few kids.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 02:14:06 PM »

Money isn't the first thing on everyone's mind.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 02:24:33 PM »

Out of that article comes the quote:
"Kelly Rodriguez, 47, who lives in Tampa, Florida, voted for Trump and is a single mother who claims two of her four children as dependents.
(Her ex-husband claims the other two.)"

Our current tax code discriminates against married people! This says ex-husband, but it could just as well be two people who are just not legally married, and they can split the children and both claim head-of-household status to maximize the tax benefit.

No matter what way you slice it, the income tax is the strongest tool the government has, it is totally discriminatory, and is used for a lot of social (and other manipulation). We would probably be better of with a consumption based tax, maybe along the lines of fairtax.org, or something else. But it should require a constitutional amendment to repeal the income tax.
-- Dan

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 02:25:19 PM »
I think DJT can relate to having quite a few kids.
...but can he relate to a 4k exemption?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 02:31:23 PM »
...but can he relate to a 4k exemption?
As I said, the IRC is a major social engineering tool.

It seems like DJT is pro large families (as long as they stick to American values).
-- Dan

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 03:06:39 PM »
It seems like DJT is pro large families (as long as they stick to American values).
Does he have more than 1.5 per wife?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 03:07:43 PM »
1 2/3 per.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2016, 03:09:28 PM »

Three wives (keinainahora?) and how many kids? Donald Jr., Eric, and (lehavdil) Ivanka from Ivana. Tiffany from Marla Maples. Baron from Melania. Wow, I cannot believe I just did that from memory. It may not be right.

So 5/3=1.67 children per wife.

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »
Sounds like in the near future all Jews will be legally divorced living in the same home....

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 03:25:59 PM »

This is a fascinating phenomena to me in our community.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline CZ60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 03:26:49 PM »
Less of a deduction but also the tax rate would be lower... so instead of having a marginal tax rate of 30% with more deductions, your marginal rate would be 20-25% with less deductions. It may be a wash in the end of the day but its not a disaster if you have 7 kids. There's more to taxes than seeing how much you can deduct  :P

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 03:27:30 PM »
Money isn't the first thing on everyone's mind.
+1
White power FTW.

Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ