Author Topic: Receiving 75k premier rewards gold promo without being targeted  (Read 126709 times)

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Receiving 75k premier rewards gold promo without being targeted
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »
@springles
Personally I got the points cuz I applied during the promo period although others on the main sight are reporting random succeses for additional points so I guess its worth a shot

Offline beny

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2011, 11:34:06 PM »
what did u write to them? how long do u have your Starwood amex for?
1) i copied and pasted the letter "smurf" posted earlier
2)i have my starwood since Feb

Offline youthink

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2011, 12:30:27 AM »
Initially didn't work when I messaged Membership Rewards. Then sent message to General Inquiries and got an additional 25k instead of 50k but I'll take it! The CSR said he couldn't apply 5894 as it started April 1, 2011 which is more than 60 days since I opened my account but he found this other one for 25k which was available around the time I opened the account.

Offline josh nyc

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »
I tried that dept - points balance - and got a negative response. Trying a different category but clearly YMMV

well I then tried Membership Rewards Program-Program Info and Definitions and added into my inquiry that if they wont match the point bonus at least offer some points compensation...response came back that they cannot give 75k as I am ineligible for 75k offer but they credited my account with an additional 25k for a total of 55k bonus on the premiere gold as a gesture of good faith --- dont give up and keep contacting amex for your additional points

Offline karen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2011, 11:33:15 AM »
well I then tried Membership Rewards Program-Program Info and Definitions and added into my inquiry that if they wont match the point bonus at least offer some points compensation...response came back that they cannot give 75k as I am ineligible for 75k offer but they credited my account with an additional 25k for a total of 55k bonus on the premiere gold as a gesture of good faith --- dont give up and keep contacting amex for your additional points

I got the following response, but I didn't see points in my account. Does it take time to show up?

-----------
I do apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. Your Premier Rewards Gold Card is eligible to receive the better offer. I have now issued the additional 50,000 points to your account since the spending has been met. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the original 25,000 bonus points.

We do appreciate your membership and hope this has been helpful.

Sincerely, Emma Maxwell Team Leader Email Servicing Team - Fort Lauderdale
------------

Offline kayef

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
I got the following response, but I didn't see points in my account. Does it take time to show up?

-----------
I do apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. Your Premier Rewards Gold Card is eligible to receive the better offer. I have now issued the additional 50,000 points to your account since the spending has been met. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the original 25,000 bonus points.

We do appreciate your membership and hope this has been helpful.

------------

Glad you got it!

it showed up in my point summary the next day but has yet to show up as available points.

Offline ecomajor

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2011, 01:14:16 PM »
Is the dansdeals ipad raffle still running if you apply for a credit card through dans deals?

If you applied for the british air card through dans deals does that count toward the raffle?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2011, 01:15:24 PM »
Is the dansdeals ipad raffle still running if you apply for a credit card through dans deals?

If you applied for the british air card through dans deals does that count toward the raffle?

No and no.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline BrooklynCPA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Amex Plat Questions
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2011, 03:25:15 PM »
I received the Gold Card on October 2010 for the 25K offer after spending $1000.

I wrote the following letter:
To whom it may concern.
I applied for the Premiere Rewards Gold card a while back with a 25K MR points signup bonus after spending $1000, which I met, and the points posted. I am quite disappointed because now there's an offer for 75K MR points (offer 5894). I feel like I missed out by applying early to the card... I wanted to know if there is a way that I can receive these additional 50K MR points. Thanks in advance for understanding.
Sincerely,.....

I got this response:
Dear,

I sincerely apologize for the significant delay in responding to your email due to unusually high volume of inquiries.

I am a manager in the Email Servicing Department and can appreciate your interest in the new offer associated with the Premier Rewards Gold Card.

Regrettably we are unable to extend the new offer to you as this offer is only for solicited non-Cardmembers. Your account was opened in October 2010. I understand that this may be disappointing to you; however, because many of our offers are targeted to specific types of Cardmembers, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible. Our intent is to provide offers that will appeal to various interests and different types of people.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

DO I STILL HAVE ANY HOPE?????

Offline smurf

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Amex Plat Questions
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2011, 03:56:32 PM »
"High Volume of Emails"
Hmmm..:D

Offline ecomajor

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »
Are there currently any active links that get you 25,000 points upon signing up for the amex gold?

Offline jong

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Amex Plat Questions
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »
I received the Gold Card on October 2010 for the 25K offer after spending $1000.

To whom it may concern.
I applied for the Premiere Rewards Gold card a while back with a 25K MR points signup bonus after spending $1000, which I met, and the points posted. I am quite disappointed because now there's an offer for 75K MR points (offer 5894). I feel like I missed out by applying early to the card... I wanted to know if there is a way that I can receive these additional 50K MR points. Thanks in advance for understanding.
Sincerely,.....

I got this response:
Dear,

I sincerely apologize for the significant delay in responding to your email due to unusually high volume of inquiries.

I am a manager in the Email Servicing Department and can appreciate your interest in the new offer associated with the Premier Rewards Gold Card.

Regrettably we are unable to extend the new offer to you as this offer is only for solicited non-Cardmembers. Your account was opened in October 2010. I understand that this may be disappointing to you; however, because many of our offers are targeted to specific types of Cardmembers, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible. Our intent is to provide offers that will appeal to various interests and different types of people.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

got the same letter in return, i think from the same person too but my letter was for the extra 50k with plat... i redirected my message this time with travel... will post if that works, otherwise i might have to do some charming over the phone

Offline Bp

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »
why is he so worked up about this???No one can post anything he mantioned by a saminar?? http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2011/05/remember-guy-and-why-i-love-this-hobby.html

Offline MnM1130

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2011, 05:37:37 PM »

To whom it may concern.
Sincerely,.....

I got this response:
Dear,

I got the same response lol!!!
im gina try for another dept.

Offline karen

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2011, 10:05:50 PM »
Glad you got it!

it showed up in my point summary the next day but has yet to show up as available points.
@kayef, Thanks for the info.

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2011, 01:41:53 PM »
I sent this yesterday
"
Hi,
The card I'm asking about is my recently acquired amex premier rewards gold card(ending in xxxxx). I haven't activated the card yet because I've learned that at the same time that I applied for my card American Express was running a promotional offer(Promo Id#5894) for this card which included a 75 thousand membership rewards signup bonus while my application only offered 15 thousand. I was hoping I can be upgraded to the better bonus and then activate my card with the new one in effect.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and for taking the time to read my message,
Smurf
"
just got an answer this morning
"
Response (S.Bandopadhyay) 05/05/2011 09:31 AM
Hi smurf,

Please know that the promotional offer id 5894 is for solicited Cardmembers only.

However, although you were not solicited for this particular offer, as valued Cardmember, I do not want to disappoint you.

I will credit your account for the remaining 60,000 points towards this offer. But we can do so only when you have met the spend criteria of $500 within the first three months of Cardmembership.

Once you have met this spend threshold, please contact us and we will issue the points to your account.

Simon, we value your time and money. Hope this information leaves a smile on your face :)

Let me know if I can be of any other assistance and I will be glad to help you. Good night!

Sincerely, Sumita Bandopadhyay Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
"
I did make me :)

Offline Yosel

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »
just got 20,000 additional Amex starwood point, by asking them to consider the fact that i'm a loyal card member for many years, i also ask them "do i need to cancel and reapply to get a bounus???

Offline elig770

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2011, 04:07:41 PM »
I know it's here somewhere but I can't seem to find it... What's the offer code for the 30K SPG? And have people had better luck contacting Amex about the SPG points via SM or calling CS?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2011, 09:51:10 PM »
Got approved for the 15K AMEX PRG that I applied for at the same time as AMEX Plat on the 27th!
Neither even required a phone call to recon!
Here's hoping for another 60K!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »
Got approved for the 15K AMEX PRG that I applied for at the same time as AMEX Plat on the 27th!
Neither even required a phone call to recon!
Here's hoping for another 60K!
Ok seriously how do you do it??? I've tried the 2 browser thing soo many times and everytime i apply for 2 cards on the same day I get rejected!! (Although i do have two chase cards pending so we'll see how that turns out i guess...)