Author Topic: Receiving 75k premier rewards gold promo without being targeted  (Read 126636 times)

Offline pianodude

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, BA, DL, UA, SWA, SPG, IHG, Lifetime Fairmont Plat
Re: Receiving 75k gold promo without being targeted
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »
So, after my wife got her extra 50K on the Premier, I sent my inquiry to Membership Rewards - Points Balance -- no luck.  They suggested I just apply for an additional card. I replied that I would rather they give me 50K points on my existing card rather than me apply for 75K on a new card.  The answer was NO, that many people hold multiple Premier cards, so I should apply for the new offer and get the 75K.

I plan to try again this evening, but to a different "department".

Good news!  My wife sent a second inquiry, this time to Membership Rewards - Points Balance, and the request was honored as a "one-time consideration".  Now it's my turn to try; I will be sending my first request to Membership Rewards - Points Balance.

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2011, 06:55:33 PM »
1. half mine/half hers, we both have the same cards
2. Did not cancel them.
thats interesting seems like everybody has more than on Gold card .
Does anyone have any suggestions how to get them to look at a Gold app I submitted today which they canceled due to me having one open

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2011, 01:14:19 AM »
Thanks myb821, you're my hero today! Just got another 30K for asking. I'm still trying to get the full bonus, but even if it's  just 30k , Dayianu.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2011, 01:15:21 AM »
Thanks myb821, you're my hero today! Just got another 30K for asking. I'm still trying to get the full bonus, but even if it's  just 30k , Dayianu.

30k on what grounds? Goodwill gesture? How old was the Gold card you were asking about?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2011, 01:20:46 AM »
30k on what grounds? Goodwill gesture? How old was the Gold card you were asking about?

They said because I've been a valued customer. I opened the account last year around July (I think).

Offline Cholentfresser

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2011, 01:31:54 AM »
They said because I've been a valued customer. I opened the account last year around July (I think).
wow, that's awesome!
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
so I just got approved for the plat and gold, When do I sm them to up me to the 75k

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2011, 01:39:08 AM »
I would like to thank the op and everyone else for inspiring to rehash an old issue with my spg app.I originally applied with the wrong link and no amount of phone calls could get me upped to the 30k offer the recent success with the 75k offer prompted me to try again so i sent this message
"
Hi,
       I'm writing about and old issue I had back when I signed up for my card.I signed up for my spg amex card last July and received a signup bonus of 10,000 points.At the same time American Express was running a promotion with a 30,000 point signup bonus.Unaware of the specifics of applying for a promotion I went ahead and applied using a link a friend had emailed me.When I learned that my application won't earn me the 30,000 bonus I spent many weeks on the phone with various representatives trying to change my application.My first few phone calls to amex were before my card was even issued and I mentioned to a representative that I could really reapply under the better promotion and not even activate the first card.One representative even put in a request to have my enrollment bonus changed to the better promotion.In the end all my efforts were declined and I was left with only the 10,000 point bonus.
   I am writing about this now because a similar story just happened to me with chase.I applied for a credit card with a 25,000 point bonus while at the same time they were running a similar offer with a 50,000 point bonus.It took only one phone call and I verified that I was eligible for the better bonus and a few weeks later the additional points posted.
    I know it's been a while since I applied but I was hoping that I can get similar consideration from American Express and have the additional points credited to my account.Thank you very much for taking the time to read this message,
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Smurf
"
And a couple of hours later I got this response
"
Response (Karl Campbell)     04/27/2011 03:37 PM
Good afternoon Smurf,

I received your email regarding your Bonus points and I will be delighted to assist you!

I am familiar with the promotion that was offering the 30,000 Bonus points.

We value your membership and as courtesy I have gone ahead and credited your account with the additional 20,000 Bonus points. Please allow 24-48 hours for the transfer of the points to your Starwood Member account to be completed.

As always it is a pleasure to assist you. We appreciate your Cardmembership and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely, Karl Campbell Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
"
YAY!
moral of the story, If at first you don't succeed....

Offline joeyjava

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2011, 03:24:59 AM »
I would like to thank the op and everyone else for inspiring to rehash an old issue with my spg app.I originally applied with the wrong link and no amount of phone calls could get me upped to the 30k offer the recent success with the 75k offer prompted me to try again so i sent this message
"
Hi,
       I'm writing about and old issue I had back when I signed up for my card.I signed up for my spg amex card last July and received a signup bonus of 10,000 points.At the same time American Express was running a promotion with a 30,000 point signup bonus.Unaware of the specifics of applying for a promotion I went ahead and applied using a link a friend had emailed me.When I learned that my application won't earn me the 30,000 bonus I spent many weeks on the phone with various representatives trying to change my application.My first few phone calls to amex were before my card was even issued and I mentioned to a representative that I could really reapply under the better promotion and not even activate the first card.One representative even put in a request to have my enrollment bonus changed to the better promotion.In the end all my efforts were declined and I was left with only the 10,000 point bonus.
   I am writing about this now because a similar story just happened to me with chase.I applied for a credit card with a 25,000 point bonus while at the same time they were running a similar offer with a 50,000 point bonus.It took only one phone call and I verified that I was eligible for the better bonus and a few weeks later the additional points posted.
    I know it's been a while since I applied but I was hoping that I can get similar consideration from American Express and have the additional points credited to my account.Thank you very much for taking the time to read this message,
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Smurf
"
"
Good afternoon Smurf,

I received your email regarding your Bonus points and I will be delighted to assist you!

We value your membership and as courtesy I have gone ahead and credited your account with the additional 20,000 Bonus points. Please allow 24-48 hours for the transfer of the points to your Starwood Member account to be completed.

As always it is a pleasure to assist you. We appreciate your Cardmembership and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely, Karl Campbell Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
"
YAY!
moral of the story, If at first you don't succeed....

Awesome story... brings tears to my eyes :'(

Offline pianodude

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, BA, DL, UA, SWA, SPG, IHG, Lifetime Fairmont Plat
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2011, 08:54:03 AM »
So, after my wife got her extra 50K on the Premier, I sent my inquiry to Membership Rewards - Points Balance -- no luck.  They suggested I just apply for an additional card. I replied that I would rather they give me 50K points on my existing card rather than me apply for 75K on a new card.  The answer was NO, that many people hold multiple Premier cards, so I should apply for the new offer and get the 75K.

I plan to try again this evening, but to a different "department".

After my wife was able to get the full "one-time exception" 50K on a card that she got in October 2010, I ended up with 25K as "a one-time courtesy".  This was after my third secure email (it only took my wife two emails).
Since I was just approved for the Platinum yesterday, I think I'll stop and be satisfied with the 25K.

Offline gswannabe

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United gold, spg Plat, Delta silver, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, flying blue gold
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2011, 05:07:23 PM »
After first sending a sm to membership rewards points balance with a request for the additional 50000 amex points and receiving a negative response, i tried again with a sm yesterday to membership rewards travel, and this was the response

I understand that the promotional offer that was offer to you when you applied for this card was "25,000 points after spending 1000 dollars on purchase" and now we are offering "75,000 Membership Rewards bonus points if cardmembers spend $500 within the first three months of Cardmembership."

As you are a valued Cardmember, I have gone ahead and issued another 50,000 points (for Bonus ID : 5894).

Now you have 99,660 available points and 873 pending points.

I hope I have met your expectations with this email.

We value the relationship built with you since 2008 and we look forward to provide you excellent customer service that you truly deserve.

Have a great day ahead!

THANKS AMEX !
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2011, 07:15:46 PM »
i just got approved for the gold with dan's 15k link.Should I sm now and try to have the promo changed or is it better to wait until I get the original bonus?

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2011, 07:17:40 PM »
"
Hi,
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Smurf
"
"
Good afternoon Smurf,

Did you also get the 15k bonus on the card for $15k in spending in 6 months?  If so, you scored a deal better than 30k deal. 

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2011, 07:19:48 PM »
Did you also get the 15k bonus on the card for $15k in spending in 6 months?  If so, you scored a deal better than 30k deal.
no I didn't get that bonus.

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2011, 08:09:22 PM »
I tried at least 10 times to get the 50k, no luck. i tried both by phone and several messages to different dept. no luck. so i just canceled and applied for the platinum. i must have clicked on dans link for the platinum like 10 times though.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »
so I just got approved for the plat and gold, When do I sm them to up me to the 75k

+1
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2011, 07:42:54 PM »
I'd do it soon.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »
I'd do it soon.

Even before fulfilling the spend requirement?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »
Even before I get the card?

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2011, 10:32:15 PM »
Yes, worst thing Amex will tell you to first fulfill the spend (I think someone here had that). On the other had if you wait, you risk them turning you down because they got too many requests already, or they promo going dead. Just my thoughts.