Author Topic: Receiving 75k premier rewards gold promo without being targeted  (Read 125086 times)

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Receiving 75k gold promo without being targeted
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2011, 10:47:24 PM »
Yes, worst thing Amex will tell you to first fulfill the spend (I think someone here had that). On the other had if you wait, you risk them turning you down because they got too many requests already, or they promo going dead. Just my thoughts.
So far the card hasn't been added to my online profile and I don't want to send the message from my spg account because there they just gave me a 20k goodwill for the spg 30k promo.Has anyone had success by calling them?Last time it didn't work for me but maybe they're more leinient when it comes to mr points.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2011, 10:58:18 PM »
Yes, worst thing Amex will tell you to first fulfill the spend (I think someone here had that). On the other had if you wait, you risk them turning you down because they got too many requests already, or they promo going dead. Just my thoughts.
i had that check my opening post

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2011, 11:08:44 PM »
I tried it a few minutes ago, I have the card just got it actually-let's see what happens
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2011, 10:46:09 AM »
I understand your concern and will be happy to provide a solution.

I see that as per the promotion associated with your Card, you are eligible to receive 25,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership.

As a gesture of good customer relations, I would be happy to match the better offer (Bonus Id:5894) and issue you the balance 50,000 bonus points.

Please contact us after you meet the $1,000 spend and see the 25,000 bonus points credited to your account. At that time, we'll go ahead and credit the balance 50,000 bonus points to your account.

Let me assure you that I have noted your account appropriately to ensure that you do not face any problems with the credit of points.

I hope this is to your satisfaction.

I trust I have exceeded your expectations with this e-mail and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2011, 10:47:38 AM »

I see that as per the promotion associated with your Card, you are eligible to receive 25,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership.

As a gesture of good customer relations, I would be happy to match the better offer (Bonus Id:5894) and issue you the balance 50,000 bonus points.

Please contact us after you meet the $1,000 spend and see the 25,000 bonus points credited to your account. At that time, we'll go ahead and credit the balance 50,000 bonus points to your account.

Let me assure you that I have noted your account appropriately to ensure that you do not face any problems with the credit of points.

I trust I have exceeded your expectations with this e-mail and look forward to continuing to serve you.

+1, I got a similar response as well. Now all we need is the promo code for the 100k Amex plat...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline sim

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:55 AM »
i put $500 on the card on friday (its still pending),i sent a message last night,they replied this morning and added 60k points immediately and i will be receiving the original 15k after spending an additional $500! thanks allot dd forum

Offline bades

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »
is there a specific link for the 75k or can i use any link

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2011, 12:21:58 PM »
is there a specific link for the 75k or can i use any link
Seemingly any link will work!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »

+1, I got a similar response as well. Now all we need is the promo code for the 100k Amex plat...
i put $500 on the card on friday (its still pending),i sent a message last night,they replied this morning and added 60k points immediately and i will be receiving the original 15k after spending an additional $500! thanks allot dd forum

Which departments did you guys Securemail?

Offline sim

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2011, 01:38:37 PM »
Which departments did you guys Securemail?
membership rewards

Offline shmiel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »
This is what I got
Hi Shmiel,

I see that the offer ID 5894 was available only to the solicited audience.

I checked your account to find out if you were solicited for this offer. I was unable to find any notation on your account which suggests that you received this promotional offer.

If you have received a promotion offering 75,000 bonus points for applying Premium Rewards Gold Card, please go through the offer documents and give us the POID number (mix of alphabets and numbers) so that I can assist you accordingly.

For example, the POID number will appear as A508-0001.

I certainly realize the importance of getting this resolved for you quickly. You can be assured that we will perform the necessary research and resolve the matter for you as soon as possible.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Prarthana Sinha Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
I hope I don't have to do this 10 times :(

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
I hope this doesn't mean they're catching on.

Offline shmiel

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
I hope this doesn't mean they're catching on.
+1

Offline shmiel

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2011, 09:23:07 PM »
Another try got this response...
Dear Shmiel,

I understand your concern regarding 75,000 bonus points.

I'm afraid, it is not possible to receive 75,000 bonus points on your current Card as you applied through a different promotion.

I would like to inform you that our Marketing Department keeps on sending various promotions from time to time. Sometimes the promotion is for more points and sometimes for fewer points for the same Card.

If a Card has been approved under a particular promotion, it is not possible to change the promotion on that Card account at a later date.

Offers are sent to a limited number of Cardmembers and many factors are considered for which offer you may receive. An offer may be sent based on where you live, spending habits and the type of Card you have. We strive to provide you with the most valuable offers we can. While you did not receive this particular offer, you may receive exciting offers in the future.

I appreciate your understanding.

If there is any other way we may be of assistance, please contact us.

Sincerely, Jaspreet Singh Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
I guess I will keep trying. Seems on Sunday its an offshore team that responds, and they may not be authorized to do anything. I noticed that most of the posts that have had success in getting the points came from an American-based rep. Obviously, I can be way off here but just my hunch.

Offline Cholentfresser

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2011, 09:25:16 PM »
Dear Shmiel,

I'm afraid, it is not possible to receive 75,000 bonus points on your current Card as you applied through a different promotion.

I would like to inform you that our Marketing Department keeps on sending various promotions from time to time. Sometimes the promotion is for more points and sometimes for fewer points for the same Card.

If a Card has been approved under a particular promotion, it is not possible to change the promotion on that Card account at a later date.

Offers are sent to a limited number of Cardmembers and many factors are considered for which offer you may receive. An offer may be sent based on where you live, spending habits and the type of Card you have. We strive to provide you with the most valuable offers we can. While you did not receive this particular offer, you may receive exciting offers in the future.

Sincerely, Jaspreet Singh Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
I guess I will keep trying. Seems on Sunday its an offshore team that responds, and they may not be authorized to do anything. I noticed that most of the posts that have had success in getting the points came from an American-based rep. Obviously, I can be way off here but just my hunch.
so what number try are you up to? are going to keep on trying?
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
Dear Shmiel,

dont give up try again

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2011, 10:49:27 PM »
Dear Shmiel,

Mine came from the offshore chevra, earlier today,  so not sure if that's true. I believe it's by a rep-to-rep basis (I saw someone else listed a message from my rep and he got the promotion too).

Offline beny

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2011, 11:35:36 AM »
YAY! got a positive reply on my first try!

"I understand your feelings regarding the bonus points on your Premier Rewards Gold Card account.

"I am happy to tell you that we will issue the points as per the most recent offer that you have missed by a month that is offer id 5894.

"As requested by you I have credited your account with the 75,000 points since you have already met the spend requirement of $500.00 within three months of Cardmembership.

"After adjusting the remaining points advance on the account, you now have 67,459 available points in your rewards account.

"I trust this is to your satisfaction.

Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Sumita Bandopadhyay Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services"

i actually never got my first bonus yet, and requested them all together. and got all 75K at once!
(btw , i signed up with the 15K promo)

only stupid thing i did, was that i SM'd at the same time about getting 30K starpoints instead of 10K for my spg amex consumer. - i should have done complaints them separately... either way, i got response from same person, that the card i got
does not get this promo...

anyone have promo code for that? (smurf #67?)

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
Sorry but I didn't use a promo code.Try sending an sm to partner reward programs>starwoods.

Offline beny

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
Try sending an sm to partner reward programs>starwoods.
Thanks. btw its not "partner rewards program", rather CoBrand Rewards/Cash Rebate.

waiting   for reply from them...