Author Topic: HOT!!! TLV-NYC round trip from $369!!! includes 2 bags Business class from $1635  (Read 18369 times)

Offline a mirrer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
business rt is $1781 before the amex discount not $1121
the website isn't pricing a rt in biz and is automatically changing the outbound to economy giving the price of $1121
however i booked over the phone and got the rt priced out as $1781

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Interestingly, the fare details in the confirmation email seem to indicate that both ways are business fares, although the ticket details clearly says the outbound is economy.

Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Anyone know if the Israeli consumer protection laws (2 weeks to cancel) apply to these tickets?

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
Anyone know if the Israeli consumer protection laws (2 weeks to cancel) apply to these tickets?

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=23870.msg1611651#msg1611651

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
if i booked on alitalia last month can i get the two bags free? or only on this sale?

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
if i booked on alitalia last month can i get the two bags free? or only on this sale?
A month ago their website also said 2 bags.

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
A month ago their website also said 2 bags.

Thanks. It was a FB ticket and I see now the email says 1 bag. I guess will call to see if they will allow two.

Offline 159dallas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: IHG Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, Enterprise EE
I don't really think anyone will know if it is one bag or two until we have a trip report from someone who flew. So many conflicting answers. But maybe try to get a supervisor or HUCA when calling.

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum

Offline srulibe

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
The prices dan posted for business class tickets are only available on the website (seems like a mistake). When you call them, they give you a price that is almost double (probably the correct price). I want to get the lower price, but I don't want to book on the Israel site because I won't get the $160 from Amex offer. Any tips?

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
The prices dan posted for business class tickets are only available on the website (seems like a mistake). When you call them, they give you a price that is almost double (probably the correct price). I want to get the lower price, but I don't want to book on the Israel site because I won't get the $160 from Amex offer. Any tips?
It's a glitch on the website which displays the outbound as business but will book into economy. Don't bother.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline srulibe

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Meaning my itinerary will end up being an economy ticket?

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
Meaning my itinerary will end up being an economy ticket?

Inbound will still be business.  $1180 for half business seems like a decent proposal to me.

If you want comfort in both directions, book Y+ outbound, business inbound.  It'll cost around $1280 (give or take) and the outbound will be TLV-Rome business, Rome-NYC Y+.  This is a good Y+ product, look at the reviews and pictures.

Or book both directions Y+ for $780, the TLV-Rome/Rome-TLV legs will be business (for what European short-haul business is worth...).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:22:46 AM by moe8555 »

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
Inbound will still be business.  $1180 for half business seems like a decent proposal to me.

If you want comfort in both directions, book Y+ outbound, business inbound.  It'll cost around $1280 (give or take) and the outbound will be TLV-Rome business, Rome-NYC Y+.  This is a good Y+ product, look at the reviews and pictures.

Or book both directions Y+ for $780, the TLV-Rome/Rome-TLV legs will be business (for what European short-haul business is worth...).
Worth nothing. Your best bet is to try to grab the exit row seats

Offline srulibe

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Thanks for the explanation

Offline leahb2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
the dates i want wont work for the 369$. but on priceline i see tickets for 568$ also on atalia. Does Amex give back the $160 if i buy on priceline? or will Atalia give me that price if I call them and tell them it's on priceline?

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
the dates i want wont work for the 369$. but on priceline i see tickets for 568$ also on atalia. Does Amex give back the $160 if i buy on priceline? or will Atalia give me that price if I call them and tell them it's on priceline?
No to both.

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
Alitalia's website is garbage! Very often it doesn't display the cheapest fares!
Call them up with your dates and hopefully they will be able to give you the same price + the 20% discount + $160 off from AMEX.
Good luck

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
Just spoke to the Israeli Alitalia call center.

They say that as long as the ticket is booked through the Israeli call center or website AND is for a flight more than 7 days out than you can cancel up to 14 days and only pay 5% cancellation fee.

Can I relay on phone rep???

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Alitalia's website is garbage! Very often it doesn't display the cheapest fares!
Call them up with your dates and hopefully they will be able to give you the same price + the 20% discount + $160 off from AMEX.
Good luck
the same flights come up on the us call center for 550 (o class) and in israel for 800+(y class) i HUCAd a few times and no one in the us will give me the discount. all the reps know about this so they try sending you back and forth between israel and the us to kill the last few hours of the promotion! its the same reps answering both calls and they see the prices on both systems.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:45:12 PM by yochai »