Author Topic: Are You Elite?  (Read 58899 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Are You Elite?
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »
After all they don't have separate lists for people who did dozens of Mileage/Mattress runs or who got it via a match, or who got it via an online offer.
You still go into the same CO EUA/UA UDU queue and get upgraded into the same F seat or Suite regardless of how hard you worked to earn the status.

Not true at least until both UA & CO are 1 program till then depending which metal one is flying and which program you are crediting it to there is a Difference. A Plat on CO flying on UA will fall below a UA GS and 1k on the Upgrade list. Then with UA my CR1s usually clear way before the flight due to my level with them

My point was/is that having status for just having it is Pointless and there are plenty of people over the yrs Ive been on FT that want it thinking it makes them a Somebody, it doesnt. I can very well write myself out a check for 10 Million Dollars that doenst make me a Millionaire unless theres funds backing that check, but I can go thru Life if I chose proclaiming to be a Millionaire simply cause Im carrying around a $10M check in my wallet

As Ive said over the yrs on FT Im very Loyal to My Program and that Program is my Pocket, as long as it makes sense to Me to fly with XX or stay with YY I will, the second I see that is no longer the case, its Exit Stage Left ASAP

I guess this posting of what U got is just another game you Kids like to play and try to Upsluge everyone else thinking it makes you better then everyone else. Its most likely very true that there are Airlines out there that make aheck of alot more $$ off a passenger taht doesnt even have a FFB# with them then they do with all the Miles I travel with them. Im 1000% sure that 1 person paying for a Biz tkt to Asia or Europe will net that carrier alot more profit then with my 100K+  flying I do on them. No delusions for me

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2010, 09:26:39 PM »
steve2, please post all of your wallet candy. I am not interested in statuses you've earned by actually staying/flying, rather I would love to hear about EVERYTHING you have access to. Because that is what we here at DDF care about.

Im not interested in what a person earns by actually flying or staying or if they were comped or it came via their CC. My info box on FT has been Void of this since I joined FT back in 11/99 and I see it as Immature for anyone to participate in Ive got more then you do or am more Important then you are. But you KIDS can go ahead and play your games sorry for interupting

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2010, 09:40:54 PM »
Not true at least until both UA & CO are 1 program till then depending which metal one is flying and which program you are crediting it to there is a Difference. A Plat on CO flying on UA will fall below a UA GS and 1k on the Upgrade list. Then with UA my CR1s usually clear way before the flight due to my level with them
I said there's no difference if you earn CO Plat via BIS or status match.  Obviously there are differences between UA1K and CO Plat.

My point was/is that having status for just having it is Pointless and there are plenty of people over the yrs Ive been on FT that want it thinking it makes them a Somebody, it doesnt.

I guess this posting of what U got is just another game you Kids like to play and try to Upsluge everyone else thinking it makes you better then everyone else. Its most likely very true that there are Airlines out there that make aheck of alot more $$ off a passenger taht doesnt even have a FFB# with them then they do with all the Miles I travel with them. Im 1000% sure that 1 person paying for a Biz tkt to Asia or Europe will net that carrier alot more profit then with my 100K+  flying I do on them. No delusions for me

and I see it as Immature for anyone to participate in Ive got more then you do or am more Important then you are. But you KIDS can go ahead and play your games sorry for interupting
You seem to be under the illusion that we're getting the statuses for bragging rights.

I fly 25K+ BIS miles on CO on paid flights per year.  Do you not think I'll get use out of being Plat?  That I won't enjoy my CLE-LAX upgrade percentage going up from 20% to 80%?  Or that I won't enjoy getting exit-row seats in advance?  Or just being able to book reward tickets and cancel them as needed?

I have 100 Hyatt paid stays this year, do you think I won't enjoy the fact that I matched that to SPG Plat? I did very much so in VCE earlier this year.  Getting a suite and free internet even on just a few stays is worth it.

Avis has delivered a car (Caddy/Inifiniti/MKZ) from CLE, some 30 miles from me, for free multiple times this year, charges me below market rates for gas, and chauffeurs be back to the terminal in my car, is that pointless?

Airtran upgrades me and anyone else flying with me 100% of the time, or is it immature to have that status?  My parents, grandparents, and wife sure didn't think so when they were enjoying the great J service with kosher snacks and a huge drink selection.

I can access 1,000 lounges worldwide (as can my brother as BMI only publishes a first initial on their membership card) with BMI Gold, or perhaps that's just to "Upsluge everyone else?"

Need I continue?
Perhaps what's really going on is you're just venting your anger for shelling out $$$$ every year on MRs to requal with numerous brands when we're doing it for free?  I don't blame you then...Heck even I did a PIT-SNA MR with my wife on CO last year.

I don't believe there are too many of us that are doing this for bragging rights...we just enjoy being treated well when traveling and work towards achieving that in the most economical manner in which the airlines have decided to allow that to occur.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:49:41 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2010, 10:06:30 PM »
i never knew avis would deliver a car from the airport to your house for chairman. do you request it from the number on the back of the card? the airport directly?

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »
i never knew avis would deliver a car from the airport to your house for chairman. do you request it from the number on the back of the card? the airport directly?
Officially only 25 miles, but who's counting...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2010, 10:23:37 PM »
Officially only 25 miles, but who's counting...

Last time they wanted to enforce the 25 mile rule so I told them to just deliver to a random gas station 24.9 miles away.
Instead they agreed to just deliver to my house.  They even left the keys in the glove compartment as I wasn't there.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »
Dan, is it still possible to obtain Avis Chairman the same way you got it, back in the day?

Also, do u have to requalify every year?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
I said there's no difference if you earn CO Plat via BIS or status match.  Obviously there are differences between UA1K and CO Plat.
You seem to be under the illusion that we're getting the statuses for bragging rights.

I fly 25K+ BIS miles on CO on paid flights per year.  Do you not think I'll get use out of being Plat?  That I won't enjoy my CLE-LAX upgrade percentage going up from 20% to 80%?  Or that I won't enjoy getting exit-row seats in advance?  Or just being able to book reward tickets and cancel them as needed?

I have 100 Hyatt paid stays this year, do you think I won't enjoy the fact that I matched that to SPG Plat? I did very much so in VCE earlier this year.  Getting a suite and free internet even on just a few stays is worth it.

Avis has delivered a car (Caddy/Inifiniti/MKZ) from CLE, some 30 miles from me, for free multiple times this year, charges me below market rates for gas, and chauffeurs be back to the terminal in my car, is that pointless?

Airtran upgrades me and anyone else flying with me 100% of the time, or is it immature to have that status?  My parents, grandparents, and wife sure didn't think so when they were enjoying the great J service with kosher snacks and a huge drink selection.

I can access 1,000 lounges worldwide (as can my brother as BMI only publishes a first initial on their membership card) with BMI Gold, or perhaps that's just to "Upsluge everyone else?"

Need I continue?
Perhaps what's really going on is you're just venting your anger for shelling out $$$$ every year on MRs to requal with numerous brands when we're doing it for free?  I don't blame you then...Heck even I did a PIT-SNA MR with my wife on CO last year.

I don't believe there are too many of us that are doing this for bragging rights...we just enjoy being treated well when traveling and work towards achieving that in the most economical manner in which the airlines have decided to allow that to occur.

I see status with the Airlines ,Hotels etc no different then how much a person is worth. If they have to go around and make sure Everyone knows how much $$ they are worth then they are Worthless people to Me

If a person builds a big house or drives a fancy car so that others should be envious of them well I PITY them and am extremely happy Im NOT in their shoes

I ask if to brag isnt the point then why is there such a thread? why does a person list what they have if not to raise the envy of others, theres nothing wrong in having them or posting how a person can get them and the possible benefits of having it.Its another to list what I have and ask nu so can anyone claim King of the Mt over me, just my 2 cents.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2010, 01:16:40 AM »
I see status with the Airlines ,Hotels etc no different then how much a person is worth. If they have to go around and make sure Everyone knows how much $$ they are worth then they are Worthless people to Me

If a person builds a big house or drives a fancy car so that others should be envious of them well I PITY them and am extremely happy Im NOT in their shoes

I ask if to brag isnt the point then why is there such a thread? why does a person list what they have if not to raise the envy of others, theres nothing wrong in having them or posting how a person can get them and the possible benefits of having it.Its another to list what I have and ask nu so can anyone claim King of the Mt over me, just my 2 cents.
The point is to show people how obtainable getting elite status is.  If I can be elite in 15 programs and be pampered while I travel without spending a dime then people should know that. 
And people can discuss which other programs this can be done with.  I learned about a new status that Chuchem just posted about that I'll now look into as it might come in handy on an upcoming trip, which is exactly the point of this thread.  Even if someone just travels occasionally you can't deny that it is much more pleasant if it's done with elite status.

No point in flushing perfectly good $$$$ down the toilet to earn elite the hard way when the airlines themselves allow it to be earned for free.

You mentioned that we should do as they do on FT where people say if they earned status the hard way or not.  Seems to me like that you are suggesting for people to brag that "I really earned this status, while yours isn't as good as mine...I'm the real king of the mountain."  When in reality my SPG Plat or CO Plat gets the same bennies that yours does...I just paid less than you.  But I hear where your anger comes from, after all, no good jew likes to hear that someone else paid less than he did  ;D

Offline shmiel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2010, 01:29:03 AM »
The point is to show people how obtainable getting elite status is.
Nu go on! Telling us you got it doen't show us how it's obtainable. You da king at this! (truth be told, I have gotten a few elite status' from DD so no complaints here)

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2010, 01:30:13 AM »
Dan so did u find anything out useful about obtaining Sixt diamond that you'd like to share with the class :)?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2010, 01:35:27 AM »
Nu go on! Telling us you got it doen't show us how it's obtainable. You da king at this! (truth be told, I have gotten a few elite status' from DD so no complaints here)
I don't practice magic, it's all attainable, which is my point.
But I'm also not one to spoon-feed people.  If I made a post on the main site now on how to obtain everything I have then it would all go away very quickly.

Hyatt stopped status matching because of one fool selling Hyatt Diamond on ebay...it's all very precarious.

Offline shmiel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2010, 01:39:00 AM »
Yes! I am learning the hard way from the 488 page thread on FT! (not that it has to do with elite status just finding deals which aren't publicized)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:43:31 AM by shmiel »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2010, 03:10:23 AM »
The point is to show people how obtainable getting elite status is.  If I can be elite in 15 programs and be pampered while I travel without spending a dime then people should know that. 
And people can discuss which other programs this can be done with.  I learned about a new status that Chuchem just posted about that I'll now look into as it might come in handy on an upcoming trip, which is exactly the point of this thread.  Even if someone just travels occasionally you can't deny that it is much more pleasant if it's done with elite status.

No point in flushing perfectly good $$$$ down the toilet to earn elite the hard way when the airlines themselves allow it to be earned for free.

You mentioned that we should do as they do on FT where people say if they earned status the hard way or not.  Seems to me like that you are suggesting for people to brag that "I really earned this status, while yours isn't as good as mine...I'm the real king of the mountain."  When in reality my SPG Plat or CO Plat gets the same bennies that yours does...I just paid less than you.  But I hear where your anger comes from, after all, no good jew likes to hear that someone else paid less than he did  ;D

whatever it is you are drinking bottles of Please keep it far away from me, I never heard so much garbage

I never said anyone should brag about their status no matter how they got it but more often then not those who earned it the hard way will be using it while I find those who get it via other means usually dont but simply want to flaunt what they have and if that makes them the Big Man on the Block I guess they will conitue to play their games

Now you speak about if I want to pay while you dont, yet you said you are Plat on CO that takes 75k and you said you didnt get via a CC or being comped , so I guess in your mind you are as Big of a Chump as I am and those of us who earn status the hard way, and then theres AirTrans as well (not that thats such a big deal) but you said you buy those tkts as well. So which way is it with you , on 1 hand you say you stayed 100 nights at Hyatt and earned FL and CO top status w/o being comped or a CC so you have me very confused as to how you got what you do, you talk on 1 hand about earning it and then talk about not paying to do so.

Please tell everyone how you can purchase your tkts and hotel nights that earns you status and yet not spend any of your money doing so. Using a CC that gets you free tkts and you earn EQMs that way isnt free since other pts or % rebates back could have been had

Ingy plays UA just as I do only he gets more VDBs then me and I get more ecerts then he does, the end result is we both have the same status with very little outlay of $$ from our pockets, with both of us doing very little flying only for the sake of flying as we both spend some time to wherever it is we do go.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2010, 03:31:33 AM »
whatever it is you are drinking bottles of Please keep it far away from me, I never heard so much garbage
Stay classy there.

I never said anyone should brag about their status no matter how they got it but more often then not those who earned it the hard way will be using it while I find those who get it via other means usually dont but simply want to flaunt what they have and if that makes them the Big Man on the Block I guess they will conitue to play their games
And I see the opposite.
Most FT'ers after requaling for say CO Plat won't use CO again until the next year b/c they'll want to start requaling for another airline ot hotel.  Whereas I will gladly make great use of the status.
Where exactly did you "find" that those who get it via other means only get it to flaunt??  I've never "found" anyone that works to get a status just to flaunt and then never use it.

Now you speak about if I want to pay while you dont, yet you said you are Plat on CO that takes 75k and you said you didnt get via a CC
I did say that.
or being comped
I never said that, please don't put words in my mouth.

and then theres AirTrans as well (not that thats such a big deal) but you said you buy those tkts as well.
I do indeed.  Not for the sake of status, that's just a by-product of flying to NYC. 

So which way is it with you , on 1 hand you say you stayed 100 nights at Hyatt
Yes, which paid all my bills for the year, b"h.  It wasn't to earn status.

Please tell everyone how you can purchase your tkts and hotel nights that earns you status and yet not spend any of your money doing so.
I never said that either, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.
I said that I wouldn't waste money doing MRs (as you have pointed out many times that you do, to the extent that you won't stay at a Hyatt during FFN as you need nights to requal at other chains even if it will cost extra) when earning status can be done for free.

Anyway truth be told I haven't paid for a CO ticket is years although I am flying on paid fares.  I've talked about how I do that in passing before, but I don't think anyone else online has done the algebra to figure out how I do that.  Probably best that way at any rate although my method will soon be history with WN buying FL........

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2010, 04:06:47 AM »
Steve, I think you have a general problem with most of us on the forum, as we are much younger and you dont like "the little guys" having so many cards, that you never had at that time or had to earn it the hard way. We have seen this in many other issues already. Accept the way we are on this forum, if you think you are above it, then stick to the more "mature" FT.

This was a fun topic to see how many cards guys have, like how many airport have you been. If you dont like it, just skip this topic!

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2010, 04:38:30 AM »
Mr Steve2, I also have a bunch of elite cards, but everyone of them serves a purpose.

An additional and very useful purpose is, when me a -young guy- wants to deal with a 50+ mogul or CEO from a big company, and my cards by sheer coincidence gets seen, the respect/deal probability raises by a lot !

This is not an assumption, and however stupid it may be, it worked in the past and still works, so its good with me.

And hey Steve2, about earning those levels; take the M&M Hon Circle card. Most people that have it, are high level EMPLOYEES and not actual business owners, and so, they don't care to get cheaper tickets or save money.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2010, 09:18:22 AM »
I'm laughing...gotta love this thread.

Steve, I have a great idea...you keep going along your worthless pitiful life doing Mileage Runs and Mattress Runs and whatever other type of "runs" you do. I'm happy that these "runs" and posting on FT keep the "craz" busy all day. Some (read: "all") of the other people here on this forum are just chillin...or working...or in Yeshiva, and still getting the same benefits as you do by doing it Dan's way. Yes, once in a while we will do one of the MR's - but we don't spend all frikkin day on a forum bashing people for what we could never have when we were younger.

Steve, have a wonderful life. Maybe one day when I enter a PC club with my PC membership I'll guest in the guy waiting outside. Oh wait...that's you...
-Eli

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2010, 09:20:20 AM »

Steve, I have a great idea...you keep going along your worthless pitiful life doing Mileage Runs and Mattress Runs and whatever other type of "runs" you do. I'm happy that these "runs" and posting on FT keep the "craz" busy all day. Some (read: "all") of the other people here on this forum are just chillin...or working...or in Yeshiva, and still getting the same benefits as you do by doing it Dan's way. Yes, once in a while we will do one of the MR's - but we don't spend all frikkin day on a forum bashing people for what we could never have when we were younger.

Steve, have a wonderful life. Maybe one day when I enter a PC club with my PC membership I'll guest in the guy waiting outside. Oh wait...that's you...

Eli what can I say if I did I wouldnt be on here any longer, nough said on that so go back and play with whatever toys you enjoy doing so with

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »
Steve, I think you have a general problem with most of us on the forum, as we are much younger and you dont like "the little guys" having so many cards, that you never had at that time or had to earn it the hard way. We have seen this in many other issues already. Accept the way we are on this forum, if you think you are above it, then stick to the more "mature" FT.

This was a fun topic to see how many cards guys have, like how many airport have you been. If you dont like it, just skip this topic!
+1

Mr Steve2, I also have a bunch of elite cards, but everyone of them serves a purpose.

An additional and very useful purpose is, when me a -young guy- wants to deal with a 50+ mogul or CEO from a big company, and my cards by sheer coincidence gets seen, the respect/deal probability raises by a lot !

This is not an assumption, and however stupid it may be, it worked in the past and still works, so its good with me.

And hey Steve2, about earning those levels; take the M&M Hon Circle card. Most people that have it, are high level EMPLOYEES and not actual business owners, and so, they don't care to get cheaper tickets or save money.
+1

LMAO!  ;D
You guys say it better than I do!

Eli what can I say if I did I wouldnt be on here any longer, nough said on that so go back and play with whatever toys you enjoy doing so with
So anyone get any cool hot wheels or lego sets lately?  ::)