Author Topic: Are You Elite?  (Read 59954 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Are You Elite?
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2010, 09:39:40 AM »
Mr Steve2, I also have a bunch of elite cards, but everyone of them serves a purpose.

An additional and very useful purpose is, when me a -young guy- wants to deal with a 50+ mogul or CEO from a big company, and my cards by sheer coincidence gets seen, the respect/deal probability raises by a lot !

This is not an assumption, and however stupid it may be, it worked in the past and still works, so its good with me.

And hey Steve2, about earning those levels; take the M&M Hon Circle card. Most people that have it, are high level EMPLOYEES and not actual business owners, and so, they don't care to get cheaper tickets or save money.

let me try it this way , I wouldnt go around and post say how many times Ive been thru Shas or how many blot I learn a day, or who else is in the Rosh Yeshivas chaburah etc etc nor Im worth X $s can anyone top that

Again nothing wrong in having any Status be it top level or 1st level

FT was based on Road Warriors (people that fly for work) most of them back in the 90s were Employees of a company rather then being in their own Biz or flying simply for Pleasure. I didnt realize that from get go since mine was never for work. Once FT got inudated with the <edit by dan: competing deal sites are against the forum rules, thanks> deal folks it went down stream extremely fast and many of those who were around when it began simply Walked away, and FT lost something it simply hasnt Never gotten itself back to

Now I understand that DD is filled with Ma & Pa Kettles or better put baby kettles who want something for nothing and find their growth in being able to show how they are better then the next person due to obtaining whatever status they can.  I really have no problem with a person being able to obtain status however they can. And I want to be the 1st on line if theres a way to go from PtA to PtB for little or no $$

You can also read on FT how people dont care what the Fare is and if anything will wait longer to book a tkt they arent paying for so it can cost more = better chance of an Upgrade. Then there are a few on FT that say they wouldnt do such a thing since in their book its Stealing.

So SF if having top level with every Carrier and Hotel means you can betetr help your clients or help yourself when dealing with those Companys , nothing wrong with it,actually nothing wrong with it even if not under those conditions. But why go and post what you have on a public BB there are ways to let people know you have the knowledge they are looking for w/o having to enter the I am better then You contest (not saying you did)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:43:54 AM by Dan »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2010, 09:43:05 AM »
 Eli I guess you are now saying its 100% OK to post Personal Attacks on anyone here on DD or is it that Mods are the only ones allowed to do so?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »
Eli I guess you are now saying its 100% OK to post Personal Attacks on anyone here on DD or is it that Mods are the only ones allowed to do so?
I think you already opened the personal attacks can of worms upthread.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2010, 10:11:07 AM »

So anyone get any cool hot wheels or lego sets lately?  ::)

the cards are the Toys and even I got some and when needed will take them out if I feel they are needed and the only way to accomplish something, but try my darnest not to have to use them

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2010, 10:12:23 AM »
I think you already opened the personal attacks can of worms upthread.

Not that I am aware of , it was never my intent to Personally attack anyone themselves

and lets just say I did a Mod should Never join in and should always stay above it anyway, or at least send a warning to the poster and ask for claification

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2010, 10:15:58 AM »
Steve I agree to you.

We are all babys, we are all not mature. We are all guys, that only want to show off. What should I tell you, we are a bunch of kids.

So you as a grown up, that knows everything better should not be hanging out on a kids playground. There are websites, made for mature adults like you.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2010, 10:21:56 AM »
So anyone get any cool hot wheels or lego sets lately?  ::)

I think SD had a Harry Potter lego set yesterday...I was this close to buying one as I was enjoying wifi in the sky sitting in first on a comp'd upgrade because of the status I didn't deserve but got because I signed up for a credit card and bought $95K worth of coins...but then they made the announcement that we're landing and I forgot about it since then.
-Eli

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2010, 10:37:14 AM »
Steve I agree to you.

We are all babys, we are all not mature. We are all guys, that only want to show off. What should I tell you, we are a bunch of kids.

So you as a grown up, that knows everything better should not be hanging out on a kids playground. There are websites, made for mature adults like you.

never said :"everyone" or "all"

but I Agree with You if this is what DD is all about then I DO NOT belong on it, I just didnt think that this is what DD is all about. If DD is just for Chabadniks again I dont belong (B"H)

as for being Mature all too often people tell me I should act my age and not my shoe size so maybe I do belong on here

I am on here simply cause I thought I could help others out with the knowledge (and at times non-knowledge) that I have learnt over the yrs .But I will definitely rethink it thru and decide if my time is up for being of any help to those on this board

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »
lets get back on topic
is there an easier way to get Fairmont platinum than this I might have a 4 night stay coming up soon.

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2010, 10:56:03 AM »
never said :"everyone" or "all"

but I Agree with You if this is what DD is all about then I DO NOT belong on it, I just didnt think that this is what DD is all about. If DD is just for Chabadniks again I dont belong (B"H)

as for being Mature all too often people tell me I should act my age and not my shoe size so maybe I do belong on here

I am on here simply cause I thought I could help others out with the knowledge (and at times non-knowledge) that I have learnt over the yrs .But I will definitely rethink it thru and decide if my time is up for being of any help to those on this board

Steve, dont play all insulted now. You have been a help alot of times. BUT, and a big but you are complaining about everything as well. You dont like this post or any other post, then skip it. The question was to post your elite cards, so you have 2 options
1-post
2-dont post

I really dont see why you had to bring chabad up... but never mind

Offline Columbiadorm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »
As much as I am enjoying this serious thread turned comical, Dan, maybe we should make a thread for Comedy such as this?  ;D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
If DD is just for Chabadniks again I dont belong (B"H)
That's exactly what it is in fact.
That's what Eli, Levi, aaa, Chuchem, Superflyer, etc are doing here, b/c its one big chabad club. ::)
Hint: None are.

Why exactly did you bring your hatred of chabad into this thread?  It's one thing in say the Rubashkin thread, but in the elite thread too?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2010, 11:35:33 AM »
Dan, can't agree more.

Steve, the bottom line is that pretty much all of us are appreciative of the countless times you've posted on the forums with the random places you've been to and where the shuls/restaurants are etc. In fact, many times I've told people to post that they're going to Bumble*** and "steve2 will probably give you all the info you need about the place".

Bottom line as chuchem just mentioned, all we want is for you to leave your hatred at home...don't spew it here on the forums. If you don't like a topic or thread or board, by all means, don't post! There are certainly times when you can throw in a comment here or there but with you it's all about the "hating" because we are younger, smarter, richer, and better looking than you were when you were our age. (yes, we are younger than you were at our age...go figure {had I not said that, you would've trashed me for making that mistake}).

So let's settle this. We want you on the forums and appreciate your input. We don't want you to post hateful things or in general let us know that we are immature/stupid etc. We know all that and we don't need to hear it again. If there is something you can contribute, great. If not, do something more productive with your fingers and take them off the keyboard.

If there is anyone who disagrees with me, by all means...go ahead.
-Eli

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2010, 03:43:49 PM »
i kinda have to agree with steve2 that i find this thread a little showy offy (is that a word?) with that said, i do think that its great to accumulate status however which way i can get it, though i dont think its nice or beneficial to brag about what i have

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2010, 04:43:00 AM »
Well its a bit like how many airports you have been to.

And as for statuses, maybe one day a topic will open up telling people how to get them...

Its all just a game, and when on long calls or john* its nice to read and help (myself).

*named after the previous pope

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2010, 06:52:48 AM »
Well its a bit like how many airports you have been to.

And as for statuses, maybe one day a topic will open up telling people how to get them...

Its all just a game, and when on long calls or john* its nice to read and help (myself).

*named after the previous pope
not necessarily the same as airports. thats more like a contest. i definitely dont covet the guy whose been to almost every us airport. hes probably a travelling salesman - not a first choice for a profession for me. additionally, even on vacations, i would pay more to fly direct to my location than stop over a few times

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2010, 06:59:54 AM »
Agreed, but in the spirit of the airport-thread its supposed to be an advantage to have been to more airports.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2010, 07:02:52 AM »
true, but lemaasah its not boasting

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2010, 07:47:47 AM »
That's exactly what it is in fact.
That's what Eli, Levi, aaa, Chuchem, Superflyer, etc are doing here, b/c its one big chabad club. ::)
Ehem
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2010, 08:00:14 AM »
Ehem

alright, sorry, you are also chabad.