Author Topic: Fake prices at aa.com?  (Read 686 times)

Offline Mendel72

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Fake prices at aa.com?
« on: December 17, 2016, 09:24:45 PM »
I've been trying to book a DTW-LGA flight for Feb. 6, returning on the same day.

Searching on aa.com yields a few options priced at $83.10 RT. Obviously a steal.

However, when any of these are selected, after entering passenger details, the price increases significantly. It's been like this for the past few days, so it's not an issue of someone taking away the seat in the last minute.

Offline yuds70

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Fake prices at aa.com?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 10:27:33 PM »
I've been trying to book a DTW-LGA flight for Feb. 6, returning on the same day.

Searching on aa.com yields a few options priced at $83.10 RT. Obviously a steal.

However, when any of these are selected, after entering passenger details, the price increases significantly. It's been like this for the past few days, so it's not an issue of someone taking away the seat in the last minute.
I've had the same issues pricing out a RT ticket with a forced stopover (JFK-CLT-LAX) at $268 instead of the cheapest price on those dates (Dec 25- Jan 2) for $450+ but AA Rep wasn't helpful in honoring the tickets I found. I even gave them the fare code from ITA Matrix, they found the price, but they informed me there are no tickets available at that fare. Good luck.
Make stuff happen.