Author Topic: How to manage credit card debt?  (Read 6318 times)

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: How to manage credit card debt?
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2016, 01:32:01 AM »
There are plenty of cards with bonus categories in groceries and drugstores.
Who's talking points? I'm talking CB.
I'm not saying that MS isn't worthwhile, I'm asking why he's using a 2% card instead of trying to use a 3%-5%.
It's a presumptuous question to ask without knowing any details, though. I just found that interesting.

Because I didn't have the WF 5% at the time. 

Even with the 2% card built into that transaction,  I ended up net cash positive,  plus 193K MR,  35K SPG and 53K AA.   All in a 5 minute transaction plus liquidation time.

Online username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
Re: How to manage credit card debt?
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2016, 01:35:25 PM »
Was not trying to shame you
Unsolicited advice for you or anyone.
1.I think that's a contradiction.
2.In response to your last post - there's no connection. Debt and credit cards are independent.
3.In response to your prior post - opening new cards is part of a strategy to save money in the long run.
In general - I would be happy to continue this discussion, but in a format where there are no assumptions and all statements / positions are able to be properly fully presented

1. Just because I think one way, there is no shame in doing things how you please. I dont look down on you or anything...Juts that that is now how I would do things, but you can do things how you like...and we can still be friends :)

2. While debt and CC are independent, as many here have many CC's and pay their balance in full, for me, if I was in CC debt, I would not open another CC with a signup bonus that requires outing the money for a few days till its paid back. Read this post from the beginning, as well as the link from Dan that I posted earlier on the other thread.

3. I would love to hear more on how opening CC saves money.
^^^