Topic Wiki

How does each airline handle seat assignments for traveling with minors
[/b][/size]

AA:

AA has an automated system that runs within 15 minutes after a reservation is ticketed, and periodically every day. Keep in mind that it only works if you or your TA haven't selected any seats (you can ask them to remove the seat assignments, and it will assign you seats the next time it runs) and obviously you have no control over which seats you get. They will more likely give you one row across aisles, than two rows behind each other.

United:

United allows to choose any seat yourself, including preferred seats if there aren't enough regular seats nearby
« Last edited by yelped on April 10, 2024, 07:19:17 PM »

Author Topic: New DOT regulation directs airlines to seat kids under 13 near family at no char  (Read 1388 times)

Offline oldguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Good Wiki idea. United allows to choose any seat yourself, including preferred seats if there aren't enough regular seats nearby. Much better system for consumers.
Even when purchasing a basic economy ticket?
Last year I flew with my family with UA and they didn't want to do anything before check in, all they told me is you have a basic ticket and seats will be assigned at check in, Ended up having to divide my family into 3 as the plane was full.....