Author Topic: Settlers Of Catan  (Read 35455 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Re: Settlers Of Catan
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2022, 07:34:35 PM »
$36.54 https://boardlandia.com/collections/clearance/products/my-journey-to-catan-fs

"For the first time, Klaus Teuber tells the complete story of the origin of the worldwide gaming sensation, The Settlers of Catan. Starting as a young man, he describes his enthralling journey from amateur board game inventor and his first successes, to the idea with which he completely revolutionized the game world in 1995, by creating a new game that would change his life.

Published in English for the first time, this is an entertaining slice of both real and board game history. Full of insights and background knowledge, previously unknown and personal, this is the book for all dedicated CATAN fans. It also includes a selection of fascinating photographs from across the years, most seen for the first time."

(They also have Catan 3D Edition for $204 and Catan 3D Edition - Seafarers and Cities & Knights Expansion for $271.99.
Those might be Black Friday prices.)
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2023, 06:59:32 AM »

Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2023, 04:18:28 PM »
If someone doesn't have Catan yet now the time to buy. The wheat is Yashan.

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2023, 07:29:16 AM »
Suggested to me by YouTube (I don't plan to watch it):

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2023, 07:55:16 PM »
The 3D edition is currently 25% off ($112.50) on both Wal-Mart and Amazon.

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2024, 02:58:43 PM »
Coming some time* this year:
It's the 21st Century, and Catan is at a crossroads. Long gone is the agrarian society of the island's Viking ancestors. Today's Catanians need energy to keep society moving and growing, but pollution is wreaking havoc on the island. You must decide: Invest in clean energy resources, or opt for cheaper fossil fuels, potentially causing disastrous effects for the island?
CATAN: New Energies is a new standalone game rooted in classic CATAN mechanisms of harvesting, trading, and building. New gameplay
elements including power plants, energy tokens, and environmental events that add new strategies and stories to a familiar foundation.

(Also, CATAN: Starfarers Duel, "extensively revised from 2001's Starship Catan,"
is out now or will soon be, but that's less Catan-y than most Catan things.
If you get it, be aware that the die is supposed to have two each of 1-3, not 1-6.)

*It seems this is grammatically correct with or without a space.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 03:06:09 PM by Randomex »