Author Topic: Receiving 100k amex plat promo without being targeted  (Read 247312 times)

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Amex Plat Questions
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2011, 01:09:36 PM »
Mazal Tov. Details please?
i posted it on a diff page... but i actually just messaged them- and they said no the first time, and the second time they said out of courtesy theyll give it to me.. cant complain!

Offline pianodude

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, BA, DL, UA, SWA, SPG, IHG, Lifetime Fairmont Plat
Re: Re: Amex Plat Questions
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2011, 01:41:09 PM »
i posted it on a diff page... but i actually just messaged them- and they said no the first time, and the second time they said out of courtesy theyll give it to me.. cant complain!

When did you originally get this Plat card? Did you get the 100K for both your and your husband's cards?

Offline pianodude

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, BA, DL, UA, SWA, SPG, IHG, Lifetime Fairmont Plat
Re: Receiving 100k amex plat promo without being targeted
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2011, 01:50:16 PM »
My wife called on a card that she got March 10, 2011 (50K offer) ; was asked to fax in the 100K offer. We plan to try calling again later today.

I just got my Plat card a few days ago (50K offer); still working on the spend.  Do you think there is any chance of me getting the extra 50K? Should I wait until I meet the spend?  Any thoughts are appreciated.

In the past week we have both received "extra" points on our Gold cards.  Amex has been very good to us; hopefully they keep it up  :)

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2011, 02:11:58 PM »
Just called Amex and asked to be transferred right away to the member rewards dept. Then when the guy got on the phone i had a really good feeling because he sounded really nice. When i told him that i want another 50k added on he sounded optimistic and with every question he asked I made it seem like i was not exactly sure (when did i receive this offer? I said i was not exactly positive. When did the offer expire? I said i was not totally positive... etc.) Then I started telling him how i love amex customer service more than any other card i have had blah blah... and he was SO flattered he literally didn't know what to do with himself, and that's when i knew the deal was sealed. After being on hold for a few mins he said he would add another 50k points. WOW!!
Thanks everyone for your advice!!

p.s. I'm still a little nervous that they won't post... but when they do post i'll let you guys know

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2011, 02:13:47 PM »
Just called Amex and asked to be transferred right away to the member rewards dept. Then when the guy got on the phone i had a really good feeling because he sounded really nice. When i told him that i want another 50k added on he sounded optimistic and with every question he asked I made it seem like i was not exactly sure (when did i receive this offer? I said i was not exactly positive. When did the offer expire? I said i was not totally positive... etc.) Then I started telling him how i love amex customer service more than any other card i have had blah blah... and he was SO flattered he literally didn't know what to do with himself, and that's when i knew the deal was sealed. After being on hold for a few mins he said he would add another 50k points. WOW!!

p.s. I'm still a little nervous that they won't post... but when they do post i'll let you guys know
Congrats.
if he said you'll get them, nothing to be worried about

Offline misterstuf

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum, BA Bronze, Aegean Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, DDF not -so-n00b (anymore)
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2011, 05:39:42 PM »

Congrats. I'm glad it worked out for you. Mine posted immediately, but I could only see them for the first day when I went into the MR site. On the AMEX card site (on the right side) it still read as 50K (+ whatever else I earned).  The next day that too had the 100K+.

Offline jack12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2011, 05:45:31 PM »

I had a similar experience, however, I got it without the flattery. When I mentioned 3882, they looked it up and said that it expired before I applied. With a little bit of "oh, its expired, that's too bad, I was really hoping I can get the 100k" and "can you do this as a one time courtesy?" And with the membership rewards cs rep speaking to supervisor, it worked. They couldn't email me a email confirmation but I made sure they put a note on my account. They told me that if I check now, I can see the 100k pending and kach hava!

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »
Just called Plat CSR... asked for agent... spoke to someone who transferred me to a CSR in MR department... put on hold for a couple minutes... issued another 50k... 100k (+1k spend)... total call time 7:53. Thanks all!  :)

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2011, 06:01:33 PM »
Just called Plat CSR... asked for agent... spoke to someone who transferred me to a CSR in MR department... put on hold for a couple minutes... issued another 50k... 100k (+1k spend)... total call time 7:53. Thanks all!  :)

For all of those successful. please post when you applied for the card.  I'm curious to know if you applied in Feb (when the offer was going on) or recently. 

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2011, 06:03:56 PM »
For all of those successful. please post when you applied for the card.  I'm curious to know if you applied in Feb (when the offer was going on) or recently.

I applied 3/31

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2011, 06:09:46 PM »

What was the time frame of the offer?

? - 02/11

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2011, 06:11:18 PM »
What was the time frame of the offer?

? - 02/11

The offer ended around 4/27 (when I applied).   My two main concerns are that I just got an additional amount for the gold card and I applied on 4/27 well after the supposed offer expired. 

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2011, 06:13:21 PM »

The offer ended around 4/27 (when I applied).   My two main concerns are that I just got an additional amount for the gold card and I applied on 4/27 well after the supposed offer expired. 
Im talking about the 100k offer. Do we know the dates that was around for? Was it the same as the 50k?

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
Im talking about the 100k offer. Do we know the dates that was around for? Was it the same as the 50k?

Earlier in the thread people reported that it expired in Feb 2011 (so it would have overlapped).

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2011, 06:15:04 PM »
Earlier in the thread people reported that it expired in Feb 2011 (so it would have overlapped).
Expired in 02/11 we covered already. When did it "start"...we goin in circles here

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2011, 07:34:38 PM »
@david
I only applied last week and after speaking to them they said I'll get 100k as for the gold bonus that shouldn't either be a problem as others have reported getting both ,personally I'm waitng for a response to my im about the gold,I'll post their answer when I get it

Offline SLPinNYC

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Receiving 30K SPG promo without being targeted
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2011, 07:45:08 PM »
I sent the following message and got the following reply: (note the 3k 'goodwill' points, laughable)

Hi, I applied for the Amex Starwood charge card recently with a 10K SPG points signup bonus after spending $1000, which I met, and the points posted. But I'm a little disappointed because I now see there's an offer for 30K MR points (offer Q612:0001). I feel like I missed out by applying early to the card... I wanted to know if there is a way that I can receive these additional 20K SPG points as I consider myself a dedicated member of Amex since 2002 with a perfect history. Thanks in advance.

REPLY:
I certainly understand your concern regarding this matter.

Iā€™d like to inform you that the promotional offers are time bound and account specific. These offers are sent by our Marketing department.

Iā€™m afraid that I cannot apply the mentioned promotion on your Card account.

We appreciate your understanding that we are bound by certain policies and procedures and sometimes we may not be able to completely satisfy your needs due to this reason.

As we value your membership, Iā€™ve issued 3,000 goodwill points to your account.

I also noticed that you have been a valued Cardmember since 2002. We appreciate your loyalty and it has been a privilege to serve you since then.

Sincerely, XXX Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »
So far, I have sent three secure messages re extra 50K for plat, and denied each time.
I then called up twice, the first time csr said no, but after some more talking, he put me on hold to "see what he could do", after a long time the call was dropped (or purposely hung up?).
Called again, spoke to another csr, who again said no, and although polite, refused to budge.
I wonder if they caught on?
Would love to hear if anyone had success after the time of this post.

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2011, 08:09:40 PM »
So far, I have sent three secure messages re extra 50K for plat, and denied each time.
I then called up twice, the first time csr said no, but after some more talking, he put me on hold to "see what he could do", after a long time the call was dropped (or purposely hung up?).
Called again, spoke to another csr, who again said no, and although polite, refused to budge.
I wonder if they caught on?
Would love to hear if anyone had success after the time of this post.
When did you apply?

Offline jack12

• View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
I had a similar experience, however, I got it without the flattery. When I mentioned 3882, they looked it up and said that it expired before I applied. With a little bit of "oh, its expired, that's too bad, I was really hoping I can get the 100k" and "can you do this as a one time courtesy?" And with the membership rewards cs rep speaking to supervisor, it worked. They couldn't email me a email confirmation but I made sure they put a note on my account. They told me that if I check now, I can see the 100k pending and kach hava!

Applied in first week of april