Author Topic: Alitalia: TLV-JFK $1705 for 3/4 legs in Business (and 1 leg in Prem. Y) - summer  (Read 2413 times)

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Apparently they have a new sale going on for ex-TLV flights.  This is through Alitalia's Israeli site.
I made a random dummy booking for June 30-July 21 and it priced out at $1705 for the following itinerary:

Outbound:
TLV-Rome: Business
Rome-JFK: Premium Economy

Inbound:
JFK-Rome: Business
Rome-TLV: Business

Obviously the Rome-TLV/vice versa legs are Euro business, but still better than back of the bus  ::)
And the Premium Economy leg should be fine, the product is supposed to be great.

Also, combines with this bonus miles promotion (but do your due diligence because Etihad Guest gives 300% for business and 200% for Prem. Y):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Global Sale Offers and a lot of bonus miles!

Choose to fly in Premium Economy Class or Business with Alitalia and earn different bonus miles depending on the route flown:

2.500 miles for flights in Business Class on medium haul International Flights
5.000 miles for flights in Premium Economy Class on long-haul international flights.
12,000 miles in Business Class on long-haul international flights.

Purchase an Alitalia ticket, in Premium Economy Class or in Business Class, between 9th and 19th of  January 2017 to fly:

•  between 1st  February and 30th  June 2017 to international long-haul destinations
•  between 15th  January and 18th  June 2017 to international medium-haul destinations
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure this could be had for less if you play with the dates.  Maybe someone could even stumble across a full business ticket for the same price?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:34:29 AM by moe8555 »

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
What is their promo on the ex-tlv flights ?
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
What is their promo on the ex-tlv flights ?

Not quite sure, this time it isn't through a code.  Just regular searches.

Offline Z56

• View Profile
anything for over peasch ?
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline Z56

• View Profile
Is there a big difference between economy and premium economy ?

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
Is there a big difference between economy and premium economy ?

Didn't check Pesach, but take a look...
And regarding Y versus Y+: the difference is huge.

Alitalia refitted its Y+ cabin about a year or two ago.  It's a completely separate cabin limited to something like 18-20 seats, 2-3-2 configuration.  You get a business class meal, amenity kit just like in business (Bulgari or Salvatore Ferragamo) and the seats look to be better than US domestic F (shell seats, large recline, lots of legroom, fold-out footrest, business-class style reading light on the seat, etc.).  Here's a pic:

Offline Z56

• View Profile
Didn't check Pesach, but take a look...
And regarding Y versus Y+: the difference is huge.

Alitalia refitted its Y+ cabin about a year or two ago.  It's a completely separate cabin limited to something like 18-20 seats, 2-3-2 configuration.  You get a business class meal, amenity kit just like in business (Bulgari or Salvatore Ferragamo) and the seats look to be better than US domestic F (shell seats, large recline, lots of legroom, fold-out footrest, business-class style reading light on the seat, etc.).  Here's a pic:

thanks will check it out

Offline ranhan429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
😎
כפרות על כפרה

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile

Also, combines with this bonus miles promotion (but do your due diligence because Etihad Guest gives 300% for business and 200% for Prem. Y):
Alitalia gives 450% miles in J with Alitalia youth (25 and under).

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
Alitalia gives 450% miles in J with Alitalia youth (25 and under).

Oh, to be young again...
(not really too far past that age though  8))

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
Oh, to be young again...
(not really too far past that age though  8))
Who said you are too old? When is the last time you had to send in your birth certificate when you signed up for a FF account?

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
Who said you are too old? When is the last time you had to send in your birth certificate when you signed up for a FF account?

But wouldn't they ultimately see my passport info and from there 1+1=2=I'm too old...  Or is this an unenforced rule?

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
But wouldn't they ultimately see my passport info and from there 1+1=2=I'm too old...  Or is this an unenforced rule?
When was the last time you gave your passport info the the airline? If anything you gave it to sells. You think they forward it to the FF department yelling "we caught him, we caught him", then the FF police audit your account and remove the extra 8,957 miles to the mile?
Get real!!!

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile

. You think they forward it to the FF department yelling "we caught him, we caught him", then the FF police audit your account and remove the extra 8,957 miles to the mile?
Get real!!!
That isn't so far fetched for some programs.

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile

When was the last time you gave your passport info the the airline? If anything you gave it to sells. You think they forward it to the FF department yelling "we caught him, we caught him", then the FF police audit your account and ban you and close your account and you lose every last mile?

FTFY
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
That isn't so far fetched for some programs.

We are talking about Alitalia here. They are in a tight competition with ElAl for the worst tech airline....

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
When was the last time you gave your passport info the the airline? If anything you gave it to sells. You think they forward it to the FF department yelling "we caught him, we caught him", then the FF police audit your account and remove the extra 8,957 miles to the mile?
Get real!!!

No idea why you feel the need to answer with such an attitude -- it's a legitimate concern.  I've been asked to enter passport information with plenty of airlines during online check-in and with others, upon booking the flight.

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
No idea why you feel the need to answer with such an attitude -- it's a legitimate concern.  I've been asked to enter passport information with plenty of airlines during online check-in and with others, upon booking the flight.
I intended to be humorous, not give you attitude.

My post was meant to put into perspective the "risk" factor in this equation to measure up to the potential benefit so that you can make the right decision for yourself.

I am sorry if I was misunderstood.

Regarding the actual post: Airlines never match the DOB you wrote on the ticket or during check in to the flyers passport DOB.

I also don't think that Alitalia would notice that you use a different age for your FF account and ticket.

At the end of the day, it is a risk v reward situation and you have to decide for yourself.