Author Topic: Delta Gold Status  (Read 55307 times)

Offline db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
Re: Delta Gold Status
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2022, 03:11:00 PM »
not seeing how these prices are worth it. unless perhaps you fly all the time? so hard to get any upgrades these days. it seems delta is holding on to those fc/d1 seats till check in and beyond.

Offline Ankster

• View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2022, 03:17:55 PM »
not seeing how these prices are worth it. unless perhaps you fly all the time? so hard to get any upgrades these days. it seems delta is holding on to those fc/d1 seats till check in and beyond.

It's not worth it right now given the saturation of Diamond and Platinum Medallion members due to Delta having rolled over MQMs during COVID. It could be worth it in the future.

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2022, 03:38:09 PM »
Different people have different uses. For some, one of the following can be worth it in one round trip.

These are the benefits besides first class upgrade:

free luggage (with up to 8 companions)
comfort+ seats (72hr before, +1 companion)
lounge access (international trips)
Sky priority (including at security)
Skyteam elite +

And then something that’s even more valuable these days is IRROPS

First class upgrade is always a gamble but better on leisure routes.

Offline Ankster

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2022, 04:48:53 PM »
Different people have different uses. For some, one of the following can be worth it in one round trip.

These are the benefits besides first class upgrade:

free luggage (with up to 8 companions)
comfort+ seats (72hr before, +1 companion)
lounge access (international trips)
Sky priority (including at security)
Skyteam elite +

And then something that’s even more valuable these days is IRROPS

First class upgrade is always a gamble but better on leisure routes.

Yeah that makes sense. I was just stating my experience as a current Platinum Medallion member. If you are a semi-frequent traveler in general but not enough to have Medallion status, you likely already have most of the benefits that Gold Medallion would give you.

Free Luggage: I believe it is 1 checked bag per person up to 8 companions which can be had from holding the AMEX Delta Gold or any other AMEX Delta cobranded card

Comfort+ Seating: My experience has been that given the surplus of Diamond Medallions, Comfort+ is largely filled with Platinum Medallions who choose that seating at the time of booking. Few more inches of leg room and free booze is nice if you get upgraded though

Lounge Access: Fair. Most people here have another card that gives lounge access but priority pass lounges with CSR, for example, are pretty mediocre. If you have an AMEX card with lounge access, you'll be able to use Delta lounge anyways but would have to pay for the companion that would otherwise come free with the status

SkyPriority: Fair. Expedited service for luggage drop off can be valuable. Faster security is less valuable as I'm assuming most have TSA Precheck

SkyTeam Elite+: Not sure what else this gets you

Offline blur1717

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2022, 08:56:10 PM »
"I think you have taken a USA centric view on this. Gold status gives you this ability sky team worldwide. Meaning Air France. KLM others"

"Internationally lets you choose advanced seats on partner airlines"

"Again you are missing the point maybe because you don't travel internationally.   This gives you lounge access world wide on all Skyteam lounges..  Air France, KML, Aeromexico etc etc etc"

"Again same thing..for an international traveler you get expedited treatment in Paris, Amsterdam, etc etc... TSA recheck only works in the Usa"

"All international partners..."

"so I guess if you only travel in the Usa yes it is less valuable but to an international traveller it becomes super valuable"
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 08:59:59 PM by blur1717 »

Offline Ankster

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2022, 09:57:54 PM »
"I think you have taken a USA centric view on this. Gold status gives you this ability sky team worldwide. Meaning Air France. KLM others"

"Internationally lets you choose advanced seats on partner airlines"

"Again you are missing the point maybe because you don't travel internationally.   This gives you lounge access world wide on all Skyteam lounges..  Air France, KML, Aeromexico etc etc etc"

"Again same thing..for an international traveler you get expedited treatment in Paris, Amsterdam, etc etc... TSA recheck only works in the Usa"

"All international partners..."

"so I guess if you only travel in the Usa yes it is less valuable but to an international traveller it becomes super valuable"

Yeah I totally agree my take is US-centric. If you fly international frequently then I could see this being possibly worth it. Frequently is the key though. I don't think $600 for lounge access in addition to expedited treatment for baggage drop off and security is worth it if you're not taking internationally trips often. I think you're taking this too personally. I have Silver status for sale as well as I'm a Platinum Medallion. I'm just putting my honest thoughts out there.

In years where there is not saturation of Medallion members, I totally see the value in this with the US and ex-US angle. All I'm saying is Medallion status is less valuable right now given the COVID dynamics at play.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 10:01:20 PM by Ankster »

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2022, 11:28:25 PM »
Yeah I totally agree my take is US-centric. If you fly international frequently then I could see this being possibly worth it. Frequently is the key though. I don't think $600 for lounge access in addition to expedited treatment for baggage drop off and security is worth it if you're not taking internationally trips often. I think you're taking this too personally. I have Silver status for sale as well as I'm a Platinum Medallion. I'm just putting my honest thoughts out there.

In years where there is not saturation of Medallion members, I totally see the value in this with the US and ex-US angle. All I'm saying is Medallion status is less valuable right now given the COVID dynamics at play.

Someone got gold from me because he was flying with his wife US-TLV and it was worth it just to get comfort plus on 10+ hour flight.

Just pulled up a random itinerary jfk-tlv Aug 6-14. Economy: 1,190. Comfort+: 1,990. that's 800 difference. x2 = 1,600. then if you add extra bag, lounge, priority lines etc you get the bang for your buck with just one trip.

Offline Ankster

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2022, 06:54:02 AM »
Someone got gold from me because he was flying with his wife US-TLV and it was worth it just to get comfort plus on 10+ hour flight.

Just pulled up a random itinerary jfk-tlv Aug 6-14. Economy: 1,190. Comfort+: 1,990. that's 800 difference. x2 = 1,600. then if you add extra bag, lounge, priority lines etc you get the bang for your buck with just one trip.

That's fine if they think that was worth it due to their upgrade. However, upgrades are given upon availability. Moreover, is a $800 dollar difference for 2-3 inches more inches of leg room worth it? Free booze is given to everyone on an international flight. It's generally known that Premium Select and Delta One are worth paying extra for. The consensus in a lot of places is that paying for Comfort+ on international trips with a big price difference is generally not worth it. If you're set on having Comfort+ then sure it makes sense but understand that the upgrade is upon availability and not guaranteed. This is especially important when basing the majority of your math off the upgrade price differential.

I'll say it again but I think both of you are taking this too personally. In years where there is not saturation of Medallion members, I totally see the value in this with the US and ex-US angle. All I'm saying is Medallion status is less valuable right now given the COVID dynamics at play.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 07:06:14 AM by Ankster »

Offline metsguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2022, 10:23:58 AM »
Any recent data points on how long it took to be effective?

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2022, 10:59:42 AM »
Any recent data points on how long it took to be effective?

A few hours.

Offline darwin

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2022, 10:43:35 PM »
This is tempting to buy Delta Gold but I have no use at least till the end of the year.  ???
Memories last forever, make them while you can unless you have Alzheimer's then keep making them as you will forget them

Offline yoelkon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2022, 11:20:02 PM »
looking to purchase gold for $500

Offline haravjake@gmail.co

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis presidents club AA platinum
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2022, 03:42:58 PM »
any data points with lost bagggage compensation/interim expenses with lufthansa

Offline blur1717

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2022, 05:37:40 PM »
any data points with lost bagggage compensation/interim expenses with lufthansa

did you read what forum you are posting your question in?

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2022, 12:27:40 PM »
Delta silver status until 2/24 - $400
Delta gold status until 2/24  - $625 OBO

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2022, 07:35:06 AM »

Smooth transaction with @alex.lee7 !

Have 1 of each left

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2022, 08:13:30 AM »

Offline Shmuel4

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2022, 11:10:46 AM »
Buying Delta Gold at $500. Please PM me.

Offline db23

• View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2022, 01:20:37 PM »
i have enough for silver and 5000 mqm away from reaching GOLD for next year. my issue is the mqd. are there any tips on reaching status ? i dont have a delta card right now that can get waiver.

Offline Ankster

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2022, 03:15:56 PM »
i have enough for silver and 5000 mqm away from reaching GOLD for next year. my issue is the mqd. are there any tips on reaching status ? i dont have a delta card right now that can get waiver.

Other than hitting the MQD waiver on a Delta-branded AMEX card, you could fly an international route on a SkyTeam partner and pay in cash if you see a good deal. Traveling on cash bookings with partners earn MQMs based on distance flown and not the amount of money spend. I don't believe there is any other way.