Author Topic: Keeping Up With The Kushners  (Read 226030 times)

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Up With The Kushners
« Reply #420 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »
For the inauguration I might be persuaded but I don't think so. For going out partying afterwards, Kosher Switch.  :)
I wasn't referring to this particular situation, I just meant in general.

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 30, 2017, 12:45:15 PM »
Appreciate your view on this. I will make my view short and to the point.
"Kosher Switch"
My response to kosher switch is the same as my response here.
G-D said don't light a fire and you're not. You may be causing a fire to be lit but G-D didn't say anything against that. I personally disagree with the kosher switch because גרמא is only permitted in certain situations but the idea would be the same.

Online Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 31, 2017, 02:31:43 PM »
From Yahoo via?

Now, a new report says there was a good reason for the bad timing — the Ivanka and Kushner were unaware of the humanitarian crisis because of religious obligations.

According to Vanity Fair sources, the pair may have innocently taken to Instagram because as Orthodox Jews they would have been observing Shabbat from Friday night to Saturday evening. Removed from technology and work during that period, the Trump-Kushner family would have been unaware of POTUS’s executive order and the public outcry in response. A source noted to Vanity Fair that “Kushner and his wife were aware of the fallout from the executive order only in an oblique way until after sundown and the photograph was posted to social media.”

But here’s the thing: The Jewish Sabbath, or Shabbat, occurs from sundown on Friday evenings and ends at sundown on Saturday evening. And sundown this past Saturday, Jan. 28, was at 5:25 P.M. in Washington, D.C.

The executive order was signed at 4:42 pm on Jan. 27, 16 minutes before sundown, before Shabbat was over. The photo in question was shared just after midnight, at 12:07 A.M. on Sunday morning — meaning over seven hours had passed during which the family would have seemingly had the opportunity to catch up on major world events before sharing their selfie.

Another detail: The $5000 Carolina Herrera dress that Ivanka is wearing in the photo is a shoulder-baring style that’s counter to the norms of Orthodox standards of modesty to which practitioners generally adhere. (Ivanka also wore a one-shouldered jumpsuit to the third presidential debate back in October, so it’s clearly a style with which she is comfortable.)

It seems fair to reckon that either this was a newbie mistake, or that the couple might have known something about what was going on in the country which their family member now governs, opted to boast about their luxurious clothing and glamorous social life nonetheless.

Vanity Fair‘s sources suggest it’s most likely the former: Ivanka “feels terrible about the post, and does not want something like that to happen again,” said one.

Another noted that while the post was “idiotic” and belayed “naiveté in not understanding her surroundings or circumstances,” there’s a major difference between Ivanka and her father: “She can adjust her behavior accordingly, and she’s open to doing that.”

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 31, 2017, 03:02:48 PM »
But here’s the thing: The Jewish Sabbath, or Shabbat, occurs from sundown on Friday evenings and ends at sundown on Saturday evening. And sundown this past Saturday, Jan. 28, was at 5:25 P.M. in Washington, D.C.

The executive order was signed at 4:42 pm on Jan. 27, 16 minutes before sundown, before Shabbat was over.
The photo in question was shared just after midnight, at 12:07 A.M. on Sunday morning — meaning over seven hours had passed during which the family would have seemingly had the opportunity to catch up on major world events before sharing their selfie.
Somebody forgot their calculator...
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 31, 2017, 03:07:25 PM »
We should have a poll to see how many that love Trump hates his daughter.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 31, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »
We should have a poll to see how many that love Trump hates his daughter.
Hate? I don't think anyone here hates her.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 31, 2017, 03:55:32 PM »
Hate? I don't think anyone here hates her.
Dislikes, phony, not a real Jew or what term should I use?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 31, 2017, 07:58:47 PM »
I assume some (not I) feel she's not a real Jew. That's a far cry from hating or even disliking.

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 31, 2017, 08:01:44 PM »
Do you feel that anyone here hates just because you're not a real Jew?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #429 on: January 31, 2017, 10:44:14 PM »
You are very very far off base with this comment/assumption.

See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 31, 2017, 10:54:01 PM »
+1

Offline Eliyohu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 31, 2017, 11:17:04 PM »

The executive order was signed at 4:42 pm on Jan. 27, 16 minutes before sundown, before Shabbat was over.

They got their info a bit wrong over here as well as that it was signed on Fri... but I was ROFL watching cnn discuss the whole theory that things go wrong over shabbos when Jared is not available  and they got into a whole hilarious discussion about  exactly when shabbos starts and of course the one guy who actually spent shabbos with Jared at a chabad has absolutely no clue what he's talking about...

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 01, 2017, 12:20:19 AM »
What word would you use when most of this thread is about her. AFAIK all she has down is follow her Rabbi's advice/instructions.

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 01, 2017, 01:01:20 AM »
What word would you use when most of this thread is about her. AFAIK all she has down is follow her Rabbi's advice/instructions.
I think everyone here respects and perhaps even likes ivanka.  She is doing more or less what she was told and taught and sincerely.
The debate here is whether or not she was advised correctly by her rabbinic leadership,  and whether their actions were correct or valid. Also in general whether they are really religious.  And also we are voyeuristic

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #434 on: February 02, 2017, 01:20:53 PM »
I just think that you are mixing together halachik opinion and personal feelings and that's simply not the case for what I think is a large majority of this thread.

I totally understand why if someone says she isn't Jewish you would take that as not liking her, but it's not. And neither is saying they feel she shouldn't be allowed in a car on shabbos.

Anyway I'm still waiting for Jared or Ivanka to RTM this thread as flaming :)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 02, 2017, 04:30:56 PM »
I just think that you are mixing together halachik opinion and personal feelings and that's simply not the case for what I think is a large majority of this thread.

I totally understand why if someone says she isn't Jewish you would take that as not liking her, but it's not. And neither is saying they feel she shouldn't be allowed in a car on shabbos.

Anyway I'm still waiting for Jared or Ivanka to RTM this thread as flaming :)
I am not the one mixing anything. If you have an issue with the way she dresses, not covering her hair, riding in a car on Shabbos, the way she dresses her kids among other things then go after her Rabbi or the conversion. Most of this thread is about her, not her Rabbi, Jared or the conversion.

I total understand why most want you make it about her.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #436 on: February 02, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
I am not the one mixing anything. If you have an issue with the way she dresses, not covering her hair, riding in a car on Shabbos, the way she dresses her kids among other things then go after her Rabbi or the conversion. Most of this thread is about her, not her Rabbi, Jared or the conversion.

I total understand why most want you make it about her.
All of those were discussed in the context of her conversion and her rabbi
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #437 on: February 02, 2017, 06:26:12 PM »
Mods, please fix title of this thread.

The 'Kushners"? There's only one Kushner in that family. Her last name is Trump.
The thread title implies a very dangerous concept that was considered acceptable in the 1800s in which women were forced to change their maiden name to their husband's last name.

This is discriminatory, unacceptable and is not what we stand for. Women should have the right to choose how they want to be named. How about men change their last name after getting married.

“Human rights are women's rights, and women's rights are human rights,” ~ Hillary Rodham
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 02, 2017, 06:45:55 PM »
Mods, please fix title of this thread.

The 'Kushners"? There's only one Kushner in that family. Her last name is Trump.
The thread title implies a very dangerous concept that was considered acceptable in the 1800s in which women were forced to change their maiden name to their husband's last name.

This is discriminatory, unacceptable and is not what we stand for. Women should have the right to choose how they want to be named. How about men change their last name after getting married.

“Human rights are women's rights, and women's rights are human rights,” ~ Hillary Rodham
Hey!
What's up?
וואס הערט זאך ביי אייך?

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #439 on: February 02, 2017, 07:21:42 PM »

~ Hillary Rodham
Yemach Shimah Vizichrah