Author Topic: ISO Best way to fly from NYC to Chicago on points  (Read 579 times)

Offline nr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
ISO Best way to fly from NYC to Chicago on points
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:38:06 PM »
I have many Ultimate rewards as well as Chase Sapphire Reserve points and would like to book tickets from NYC to Chicago. Can anyone recommend the best use of my points? (Would prefer not to use the CSR points if possible for this, I think there are probably better uses for those than domestic flights.)

Southwest? AA? Something else?

Also, whats the cancellation policy for tickets booked on points from whatever the recommended way to book is?

TIA!

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: ISO Best way to fly from NYC to Chicago on points
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 03:14:05 PM »
A) You can transfer all your UR points to any of your UR cards, including the CSR. Ask your points can be redeemed at the same 1.5cpp.
B) Using that 1.5cpp to book tickets is often the best way to book. Disregarding spirit, tickets are often available at the $60-$75 range, which would be 4,000 to 5,000 UR points redeemed at 1.5cpp, for flights which earn award miles and are elite qualifying segments. This is cheaper than any points non revenue based option currently available. 
C) The cancellation policy for tickets booked from the Chase UR site is 24 hours for a full refund, after which it goes by the airlines rules. If you need more flexible tickets, tickets booked by using British Airways miles (which can be transferred from UR points) cost 7,500 miles and are refundable aside from the taxes and fees paid (which in this case would only be $5.60) until 24 hours before the flight.
D) In the future, there are existing threads you can ask these questions in. There is a thread dedicated to queries regarding the best way to book.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ