Author Topic: If I see the 100K offer for Amex Platinum, is it still valid?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline theprofessor68

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
If I see the 100K offer for Amex Platinum, is it still valid?
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:29:17 PM »
It was reported that deal ended at 3pm but I see the offer page still on the AMEX website for business cards.
Dan, could you advise? Thanks! SHlomo

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: If I see the 100K offer for Amex Platinum, is it still valid?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:15:00 AM »
If it still shows when you go to the site then go for it and apply, but I do suggest you to take a screen shot of the page before applying and should something go wrong you have that to back you. Good luck.( ps I would definitely do it and not worry about the bonus ,after applying I would work it out should something go wrong.)
Post back would love to hear the results.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 12:16:58 AM »
If it still shows when you go to the site then go for it and apply, but I do suggest you to take a screen shot of the page before applying and should something go wrong you have that to back you. Good luck.( ps I would definitely do it and not worry about the bonus ,after applying I would work it out should something go wrong.)
Your p.s. is totally inaccurate.   Have you ever tried fighting amex for a signup bonus?  Its worse than fighting city hall
#TYH

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 12:51:02 AM »
Your p.s. is totally inaccurate.   Have you ever tried fighting amex for a signup bonus?  Its worse than fighting city hall
Bli ayen hara, I always had a rep willing to help with me, whether interest charges or annual fees or some other charge or points issues.
 So now when you have a screen shot of the offer which shows 100k and you don't get that offer, why would they not honor it? (yes you could have gotten the screenshot from while the offer was around.)
 So now I would suggest you get a rep on the phone and tell them where you see the sign up bonus and let them see for them selves what you see and then go ahead with the signup or have them help you apply and then I'm almost positive you should have no problems!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 12:59:40 AM »
When it comes to these things, if you're not talking from specific experience, it's often better not to talk or to specify that it's not from specific experience. Theorizing tends to do nobody a favor. We used to have a wonderful member of the forum that would remind people of this often.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 01:03:19 AM »
When it comes to these things, if you're not talking from specific experience, it's often better not to talk or to specify that it's not from specific experience. Theorizing tends to do nobody a favor. We used to have a wonderful member of the forum that would remind people of this often.
True, I should not give my advise if I never actually tried but again even if it works for one not that it will work for another. 

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 01:08:13 AM »
Conjecture will take one so far in life. Then reality takes over. Hypothesis is a wonderful thing, but to pass it off as fact without going through the scientific process can leave another in the lurch. There are people here relying on the guidance provided to make financial decisions. Incorrect information; logical as it may be; can have costly consequences.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline emjee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 04:53:19 AM »

Theorizing tends to do nobody a favor. We used to have a wonderful member of the forum that would remind people of this often.
I'm still here . Jk . True . We miss him . One of the greatest members contributors this forum has had

Offline ranhan429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 04:54:18 AM »
I'm still here . Jk . True . We miss him . One of the greatest members contributors this forum has had
Just curious, who was it?
כפרות על כפרה

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 07:53:31 AM »
Conjecture will take one so far in life. Then reality takes over. Hypothesis is a wonderful thing, but to pass it off as fact without going through the scientific process can leave another in the lurch. There are people here relying on the guidance provided to make financial decisions. Incorrect information; logical as it may be; can have costly consequences.
I hope for financial decisions you are talking only about the games we play related.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 09:18:06 AM »
Not that I am suggesting you do this, but shall you decide to go this route, make sure the date and time are included in the screenshot.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 04:43:23 PM »
Not that I am suggesting you do this, but shall you decide to go this route, make sure the date and time are included in the screenshot.
Even that I meaningless as you can photo shop anything you like, as I took back what I said in the next comment.

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 10:10:43 AM »
Bli ayen hara, I always had a rep willing to help with me, whether interest charges or annual fees or some other charge or points issues.
 So now when you have a screen shot of the offer which shows 100k and you don't get that offer, why would they not honor it? (yes you could have gotten the screenshot from while the offer was around.)
 So now I would suggest you get a rep on the phone and tell them where you see the sign up bonus and let them see for them selves what you see and then go ahead with the signup or have them help you apply and then I'm almost positive you should have no problems!
Personal experience- screen shots, promises for points, reps and supervisors noting an count to get points, are all worthless when it comes to signup bonuses. way way different then crediting a couple of bucks for a late fee, or honoring an Amex offer that didn't credit.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 11:15:15 AM »
Personal experience- screen shots, promises for points, reps and supervisors noting an count to get points, are all worthless when it comes to signup bonuses. way way different then crediting a couple of bucks for a late fee, or honoring an Amex offer that didn't credit.
+1000.  Signup bonuses is in ny experience impossible to fight.   All other fees or points is possible
#TYH