Author Topic: PRIORITY PASS  (Read 71687 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: PRIORITY PASS
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 01:28:59 PM »
I cancelled my Amex Platinum, then received a letter that my PP account was closed.
Just a few days ago I tried using my PP card to enter the Dan lounge in Ben Gurion. They swiped it, had me sign something, and allowed me in!
Since I was worried about it being against Halacha (the PP account was closed); I promptly left the lounge (which was overcrowded anyway).
Will I get a bill somehow? Can anyone explain what happened?
The swipe isn't checking if it's valid.  My guess is they might send you a bill but don't have any way to enforce it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2011, 02:38:38 PM »
After canceling the Platinum card I used the Priority Pass twice for my wife and I. Worked without a hitch...i'll keep you posted if a bill comes.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
After canceling the Platinum card I used the Priority Pass twice for my wife and I. Worked without a hitch...i'll keep you posted if a bill comes.
Nice!  How long ago did you use the PP card?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sammy-in-ny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2011, 02:45:17 PM »

But was your Priority Pass a "Select" card that you got as a benefit from the Platinum card?

I have had a priority pass card for the last 2-3 years and used it many times. every lounge is a little different. let me try to break it down.
Every lounge will take your card information and make you sign (I say take because some of them still do a imprint and some swipe. Some lounges even if the card is inactive (not expired but actually canceled) will just assume there is something wrong and take down the card number manually, others will deny you entry although this is rare. If you leave the Priority pass card active and cancel the credit card associated with the card it will still work although once priority pas sees you accessed a lounge they will send you a email or letter in the mail asking you to update you cc.

Since you had the Priority Pass prior to AMEX Platinum promotion, it may (and seems to) have a different SOP as far as linked credit cards.

Offline Mocha

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 03:19:06 PM »
Nice!  How long ago did you use the PP card?
Last week, 08/17 in SAN and early 08/18 in ORD.  Still no bill yet.

But was your Priority Pass a "Select" card that you got as a benefit from the Platinum card?

Yes sir it was.

Offline sammy-in-ny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 03:28:12 PM »
I used my Priority Pass Select at BOS Terminal A P Club yesterday, and at reception was told that I'd need to call Priority Pass and ask for a new card, as "Select" wasn't being granted access after 9/30. I thought all Priority Pass CO access was being removed... seems like maybe only the AMEX Platinum perk "Select" level?

Offline sammy-in-ny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 03:33:50 PM »
(not just trying to up my posts#... different topic)

Posts in this thread have talked about (1) using Priority Pass Select tied to an active AMEX Platinum card, and (2) using Priority Pass Select tied to a canceled AMEX Platinum card. I don't see any discussion about using Priority Pass Select tied to a different credit card, where the change from AMEX Plat to the new CC was done before Plat was canceled.

Perhaps the issue about the canceled Priority Pass cards is due to the fact that the credit card attached is canceled, not specifically that the AMEX Platinum credit card attached is canceled?

Just a thought. Of course, this doesn't explain what Mocha experienced.

Offline Mocha

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »
I used my Priority Pass Select at BOS Terminal A P Club yesterday, and at reception was told that I'd need to call Priority Pass and ask for a new card, as "Select" wasn't being granted access after 9/30. I thought all Priority Pass CO access was being removed... seems like maybe only the AMEX Platinum perk "Select" level?

Yes that is correct. I was told the same at the Red Carpet lounge at SAN.

This is from the Priority Pass website;
Note: Members holding a Priority Pass Select membership card and Priority Pass cardholders in the U.S. that receive their membership through a U.S. financial institution will not be allowed access to this Lounge effective 01OCT2011.

Offline sammy-in-ny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
Yes that is correct. I was told the same at the Red Carpet lounge at SAN.

This is from the Priority Pass website;
Note: Members holding a Priority Pass Select membership card and Priority Pass cardholders in the U.S. that receive their membership through a U.S. financial institution will not be allowed access to this Lounge effective 01OCT2011.

Guess I should have known, but I didn't realize.

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 08:39:56 PM »
Does anyone know of a way to get a second person into a Priority Pass-accepting lounge with Priority Pass Select without paying the $27? Or upgrading Priority Pass Select to regular Priority Pass for free?  I'm going on vacation and would like to get a second person in with me.

Offline Mocha

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 10:46:43 AM »
Perhaps the issue about the canceled Priority Pass cards is due to the fact that the credit card attached is canceled, not specifically that the AMEX Platinum credit card attached is canceled?
This could be the case. As i mentioned in a previous post, my wife and I successfully accessed a lounge with my PP card after receiving the letter that it was no longer valid due to my cancellation of the amex plat card. However several days ago I received a letter (which I have attached) asking me to update my credit card as amex has declined the $27 charge for my guest (my wife). So I called PP because even though they have no way of charging me the $27 I don't like to have a unpaid bills...anywhere. When I spoke with the rep at PP she took my amex gold card # to pay the bill and said I should contact amex to update the account not realizing that I no longer have the plat. So as of now I will assume that I can continue using the PP for my wife and I and when I get the bill in the mail two months later I can just call>pay>repeat.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:50:32 AM by Mocha »

Offline bochur

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz presidents circle, National executive elite, Avis preferred. Accor platinum
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2011, 10:42:20 PM »
After i downgraded from plat to green, amex told pp to cancel my card.

I still got into united lounge in lga with pp a few weeks later.

Then 3 days after that i was in mia and tried to get into club america and the guy said your card is not valid

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2011, 11:11:30 PM »
After i downgraded from plat to green, amex told pp to cancel my card.

I still got into united lounge in lga with pp a few weeks later.

Then 3 days after that i was in mia and tried to get into club america and the guy said your card is not valid

Do you think it got cancelled within 3 days, do some lounges not check, or do (some?) lounges only check sometimes?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline RANDOMONE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »
question: im flying this week from tlv-jfk and i have an active plat card with PP and my wife has a cancelled plat card with a PP. i was planning on trying to use her pass and mine ill just go in as one to avoid a 27 charge,  u think itll work will they send a bill since her card is cancelled?

Offline ashers

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2011, 07:29:31 AM »
My husband has a cancelled plat card and I am traveling without him.
Is there any way to add me as an AU or something so that I can use it to get in to the lounge?
it CAN be done!

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2011, 07:43:44 AM »
Do you think it got cancelled within 3 days, do some lounges not check, or do (some?) lounges only check sometimes?

IME, they always swipe the card and have me sign a receipt...as a side note...I once hit four lounges in the same day at ZRH...I wonder what PP will say when that comes thru...?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 03:05:53 AM »
My husband has a cancelled plat card and I am traveling without him.
Is there any way to add me as an AU or something so that I can use it to get in to the lounge?

What lounge?

FYI PP does not offer "AU."
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Devorah

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2012, 05:42:29 AM »
Can I access United Clubs with Priority Pass?  On their website, it says that if you got PP via a financial institution you can't access these lounges.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2012, 06:36:52 AM »
Can I access United Clubs with Priority Pass?  On their website, it says that if you got PP via a financial institution you can't access these lounges.

It means exactly what it says. If you got your PP from Amex then no UA lounges.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Devorah

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
It means exactly what it says. If you got your PP from Amex then no UA lounges.

that sucks. why not? so no way to access ua club unless u have a membership or buy a pass?