Author Topic: PRIORITY PASS  (Read 71703 times)

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: PRIORITY PASS
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »
anyone get into a lounge w/ a 'canceled' PP account yet?

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 06:44:08 PM »
I have had a priority pass card for the last 2-3 years and used it many times. every lounge is a little different. let me try to break it down.
Every lounge will take your card information and make you sign (I say take because some of them still do a imprint and some swipe. Some lounges even if the card is inactive (not expired but actually canceled) will just assume there is something wrong and take down the card number manually, others will deny you entry although this is rare. If you leave the Priority pass card active and cancel the credit card associated with the card it will still work although once priority pas sees you accessed a lounge they will send you a email or letter in the mail asking you to update you cc.
anyone get into a lounge w/ a 'canceled' PP account yet?

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 07:33:48 PM »

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 03:07:14 PM »
I just got the same letter.....since I canceled my Amex, my PP account was closed as well. :(

Offline Bp

• View Profile
Re: PRIORITY ACCESS
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
I used it this week, they swiped it I had to sign a receipt with my name on it, I'm not sure why.
Is it possible that PP card is automatically linked to the Amex card to charge $27 for a guest?
I asked them if I can bring in a guest for free they said sure, then they swiped it, 

Update
I got charged $27 to the platinum card about a week latter, So its automatically linked.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »
Update
I got charged $27 to the platinum card about a week latter, So its automatically linked.

Hmmm, I wonder if that's the same for cancelled Amex Plats.

P.s. Why the recent name change?... Besides, BP has a bad reputation after Deepwater Horizon ;)
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Bp

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »
P.s. Why the recent name change?... Besides, BP has a bad reputation after Deepwater Horizon ;)
Just Bored of the old name,
P.S. you should do the same.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »
Just Bored of the old name,
P.S. you should do the same.

Should I call myself Enron? :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:43:52 PM by AsherO »
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »
it seems no one tried entering a PP lounge with a card linked to a canceled amex. correct?

Offline MnM1130

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »
Q- can i try and enter a lounge with a platinum card IF i have priority pass but dont have the card with me? im not sure if i ever got the card or not cus i didnt get my mail in quite some time... but im flying tonight and im wondering if i can try getting into a lounge w/o the card but im signed up for it... (but i dont have proof... does anyone if they dont have a card?)

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 01:35:14 PM »
Q- can i try and enter a lounge with a platinum card IF i have priority pass but dont have the card with me? im not sure if i ever got the card or not cus i didnt get my mail in quite some time... but im flying tonight and im wondering if i can try getting into a lounge w/o the card but im signed up for it... (but i dont have proof... does anyone if they dont have a card?)

Sorry, no. Priority pass has nothing to do with amex platinum. Amex just pays for the membership as they also do with global entry.

In the future you can call up priority pass or you cc companys and tell them your overseas and they will mail you another card to the overseas address. GL and have a safe trip.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline MnM1130

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 02:07:08 PM »
Sorry, no. Priority pass has nothing to do with amex platinum. Amex just pays for the membership as they also do with global entry.

In the future you can call up priority pass or you cc companys and tell them your overseas and they will mail you another card to the overseas address. GL and have a safe trip.
oh thats so annoying... i cudda used the pass card... and i didnt think about sending it here. uch. and ya i called them they said nice try basically lol..

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 03:04:45 PM »
do you realize that a pp only works for the cardholder? additional guests cost $$

Offline Gabbai

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 03:29:40 AM »
I got an AMEX Platinum and the free Priority Pass. The PP cancelled as soon as I cancelled the AMEX card. However as the cancelled AMEX card worked to get me into the Continental lounge at Newark I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the cancelled Priority Pass card and if so what happened.

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »
I got an AMEX Platinum and the free Priority Pass. The PP cancelled as soon as I cancelled the AMEX card. However as the cancelled AMEX card worked to get me into the Continental lounge at Newark I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the cancelled Priority Pass card and if so what happened.

Welcome to the forum!

I have had a priority pass card for the last 2-3 years and used it many times. every lounge is a little different. let me try to break it down.
Every lounge will take your card information and make you sign (I say take because some of them still do a imprint and some swipe. Some lounges even if the card is inactive (not expired but actually canceled) will just assume there is something wrong and take down the card number manually, others will deny you entry although this is rare. If you leave the Priority pass card active and cancel the credit card associated with the card it will still work although once priority pas sees you accessed a lounge they will send you a email or letter in the mail asking you to update you cc.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »
has anyone tried downgrading the plat to green/zync? did the Priority pass cancel?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 04:24:46 AM »

so, fellow ddf'ers, has anyone successfully accessed a PP lounge after cancelling the Amex Plat? (with no charge, obvi)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Swizard210

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2011, 05:10:53 AM »
has anyone tried downgrading the plat to green/zync? did the Priority pass cancel?
+1  I am curious regarding this as well.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »
so, fellow ddf'ers, has anyone successfully accessed a PP lounge after cancelling the Amex Plat? (with no charge, obvi)

...anyone? bueller?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »
I cancelled my Amex Platinum, then received a letter that my PP account was closed.
Just a few days ago I tried using my PP card to enter the Dan lounge in Ben Gurion. They swiped it, had me sign something, and allowed me in!
Since I was worried about it being against Halacha (the PP account was closed); I promptly left the lounge (which was overcrowded anyway).
Will I get a bill somehow? Can anyone explain what happened?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:58:51 PM by ae123 »