Author Topic: Trump banning 7 major Muslim countries citizens entry into the US  (Read 48609 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Trump banning 7 major Muslim countries citizens entry into the US
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2017, 01:21:06 PM »
This is a very stupid comment... (Nothing personal, I know you didn't make it up, and I doubt you believe the answers to this question mean anything)

The EO doesn't mention a single country. The list of countries is the one the Obama administration declared most likely to have terrorists come from.
Actually it was a question?  :)
I did not look at the EO at all. It doesn't affect certain countries?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2017, 01:22:13 PM »
Why is that relevant to whether or not there is more risk from those countries?
We can debate if it is relevant or not but the answer AFAIK is ZERO!
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2017, 01:27:21 PM »
We can debate if it is relevant or not but the answer AFAIK is ZERO!
I consider the distinction irrelevant and therefore answered based on relevance. In the US it is zero.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »
I consider the distinction irrelevant and therefore answered based on relevance. In the US it is zero.
We are making progress.  :)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2017, 01:34:12 PM »
Saying that drastic problems necessitate drastic solutions even when it means innocents being caught in the crossfire, and saying that the current procedures in place are failing miserably; is difficult to argue when the answer to that question is zero.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2017, 01:34:20 PM »
Actually it was a question?  :)
I did not look at the EO at all. It doesn't affect certain countries?
Actually looking at the EO might be a good place for you to start. According to those who have (quoted up thread), it does not mention specific countries but rather increases the restrictions placed by the Obama administration on countries likely to produce terror threats which is where the list came from. Next you might say that the Obama administration was careful to only include countries that Trump hasn't done business with, who knows?  :P
In any event though, while you may be able to come up with other countries that pose an existing terror threat from large segment of their citizenry, you do have to admit that the countries on this list kind of make up an all-star team in that category, no?

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2017, 01:36:51 PM »
We are making progress.  :)
Please clarify a bit for me though, are you really completely discounting any and all terror threat from Muslim refugees given what has taken place in Europe, or just saying that you think this is an overreaction to that threat, because theres a big difference....

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2017, 01:40:14 PM »
Actually looking at the EO might be a good place for you to start. According to those who have (quoted up thread), it does not mention specific countries but rather increases the restrictions placed by the Obama administration on countries likely to produce terror threats which is where the list came from. Next you might say that the Obama administration was careful to only include countries that Trump hasn't done business with, who knows? 
In any event though, while you may be able to come up with other countries that pose an existing terror threat from large segment of their citizenry, you do have to admit that the countries on this list kind of make up an all-star team in that category, no?

Please clarify a bit for me though, are you really completely discounting any and all terror threat from Muslim refugees given what has taken place in Europe, or just saying that you think this is an overreaction to that threat, because theres a big difference....
But CNN says.....
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2017, 01:40:18 PM »
Muslims in the middle east have been executed in large numbers too. The world seems intent on allowing that horror to continue.

#AmericaFirst
#MAGA
The "world" or at least the European liberal elites, seems intent on trying to export that horror to their own shores, something that masses of their own people seem unhappy with as evidenced by recent and predicted upcoming election results and the BREXIT vote. Just another symptom of close-minded liberal political-correctness run amok...... It only seems sensible for our president to try and protect our people from that eventuality....

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2017, 01:41:03 PM »
But CNN says.....
:) the very definition of fake news and alternate facts....  ;)

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2017, 01:44:56 PM »

The "world" or at least the European liberal elites, seems intent on trying to export that horror to their own shores, something that masses of their own people seem unhappy with as evidenced by recent and predicted upcoming election results and the BREXIT vote. Just another symptom of close-minded liberal political-correctness run amok...... It only seems sensible for our president to try and protect our people from that eventuality....

A) It's called importing, not exporting.

B) Mr. Trump seemed to have written and posted something on one of his social media accounts regarding the need to stop the horror in the Middle East. Do you agree or disagree with this sentiment?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2017, 01:49:09 PM »

B) Mr. Trump seemed to have written and posted something on one of his social media accounts regarding the need to stop the horror in the Middle East. Do you agree or disagree with this sentiment?
I dont think any decent human being would disagree with that sentiment, as always its a question of tactics....
But correct me if I'm wrong as I dont follow Mr. Trump on Twitter myself, but wasn't that in the context of allowing more Christian refugees from the Middle East to enter America? Would you agree or disagree with that sentiment?

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Lyft
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2017, 01:52:52 PM »
+1. sounds ridiculous, almost random coming from a taxi service company.
Not really. They have to satiate their employees, who many (maybe even most) of them are immigrants. They probably couldn't care less but don't want their employees to strike like the cabbies did in nyc.
Edit: I see that many people said this before me.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2017, 01:52:54 PM »
I dont think any decent human being would disagree with that sentiment, as always its a question of tactics....
But correct me if I'm wrong as I dont follow Mr. Trump on Twitter myself, but wasn't that in the context of allowing more Christian refugees from the Middle East to enter America? Would you agree or disagree with that sentiment?
So we should allow people from troubled countries in the middle east in if their lives are endangered, or we should keep our borders closed to protect our best interests? I'm getting confused.
JTZ

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2017, 01:56:56 PM »
So we should allow people from troubled countries in the middle east in if their lives are endangered, or we should keep our borders closed to protect our best interests? I'm getting confused.
Actually its pretty straightforward so Ill try to make it really simple for you. We should absolutely allow people from troubled countries in the Middle East into our great country if their lives are endangered, however the primary interest of any country needs to be keeping their citizens safe and secure, so in the event that those refugees might endanger the country in some way, it's America first until we can determine a way to balance both. And if that means a temporary ban on everyone till we can figure it out, so be it.....

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2017, 01:58:49 PM »
Actually its pretty straightforward so Ill try to make it really simple for you. We should absolutely allow people from troubled countries in the Middle East into our great country if their lives are endangered, however the primary interest of any country needs to be keeping their citizens safe and secure, so in the event that those refugees might endanger the country in some way, it's America first until we can determine a way to balance both. And if that means a temporary ban on everyone till we can figure it out, so be it.....
In other words, you disagree with this guy. Don't blame you.
@realDonaldTrump

Christians in the Middle-East have been executed in large numbers. We cannot allow this horror to continue!
JTZ

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2017, 02:04:11 PM »
In other words, you disagree with this guy. Don't blame you.
Now you're confusing me.... ;D
As I thought was clear, the sentiment everyone agrees with, and letting in Christian refugees does not seem to present any security risks so why not? It's only the Muslim ones who we need to worry about seeing as too many of their compatriots have a predilection for blowing themselves and other people up....

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2017, 02:04:48 PM »
More than happy to clarify. Progress in terms that he actually answered a question. Has nothing to do with the question.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2017, 02:07:07 PM »
But CNN says.....
...what? I was getting to many laughs from FOX to switch channels.

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2017, 02:07:58 PM »
More than happy to clarify. Progress in terms that he actually answered a question. Has nothing to do with the question.
Maybe I missed it but where did you answer my question?