Author Topic: Trump banning 7 major Muslim countries citizens entry into the US  (Read 48616 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Trump banning 7 major Muslim countries citizens entry into the US
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2017, 06:55:29 AM »
#MAG (make America greater)
That I like!!!
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2017, 06:59:35 AM »
For all those that say this is not directed at Muslims or there religion can you explain this to me? Why is there an exemption for minority religions? 
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2017, 07:50:17 AM »
For all those that say this is not directed at Muslims or there religion can you explain this to me? Why is there an exemption for minority religions?
The theory would be in countries where there is religious persecution, you give priority to minority religions so are getting persecuted. While in these 7 countries the majority is Muslim, in other countries Muslims who agree being persecuted would be the ones given exemption.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2017, 09:46:50 AM »
So people being persecuted for their religion can come to America to escape.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2017, 09:48:56 AM »
MAGA means make AMERICA great again, not necessarily the people. You can take a horse to water, you cant make it drink.
Either way I am all for supporting those who truly support america.
Now Shultz is smart, making it sound like he's helping immigrants, and in reality he's helping those who helped America.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Lyft
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »
They where just doing a better job in pretending they care. Or they possibly actually care, because they want future drivers, but not because they care about the actual people themselves. They took a calculated risk in doing what they did (and lost $1M - inflation) and you where just a number in their calculations in what they did.
And Uber did just the opposite, counting on you as a number for a profit.

I have no clue what Uber did or did not do, and I really don't care. I don't care if every company in the US is run by liberals.
What I do know is that Uber didn't shove their political agenda in my face.

(Unrelated- Lyft will write the $1m as a charitable donation, they didn't waste that money)
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2017, 10:06:36 AM »
So people being persecuted for their religion can come to America to escape.
If you believe that is why the exemption is in there for Christians I have a bridge to sell you.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »
Your obsession for Trump is overtaking your rationality. If they were a solution for you before the, it would be irrational to let a political statement of yours interfere with making a decision that is entirely apolitical.

This has nothing to do with Trump, this has to do with Lyft and me.
I don't want uber to say "all liberals are inhumane" just like I don't want Lyft to take a stance and insult my political views, which in the case of immigration, happen to mostly aligns with Trumps. Companies should stay out of politics, but it's worse when they repeat baseless rhetoric like "against our nation's values" - show me in the constitution where it says that we need to indefinitely accept every immigrant no matter how dangerous they might be? Would lyft gave $1m to the ACLU if they were around in 2011 when Obama did the same thing?
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2017, 10:13:27 AM »
This has nothing to do with Trump, this has to do with Lyft and me.
I don't want uber to say "all liberals are inhumane" just like I don't want Lyft to take a stance and insult my political views, which in the case of immigration, happen to mostly aligns with Trumps. Companies should stay out of politics, but it's worse when they repeat baseless rhetoric like "against our nation's values" - show me in the constitution where it says that we need to indefinitely accept every immigrant no matter how dangerous they might be? Would lyft gave $1m to the ACLU if they were around in 2011 when Obama did the same thing?
If you are not going to do business with companies that stick their nose in politics you will be relegated back to the stone age.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2017, 10:22:16 AM »
If you are not going to do business with companies that stick their nose in politics you will be relegated back to the stone age.

I didn't say they can't stick their nose in politics.
But I think it would be better if they didn't at all.

It's a real issue when they take partisan political stances, which is not usually the case for 99% of companies.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »
It's a real issue when they take partisan political stances, which is not usually the case for 99% of companies.
What is a partisan stance? Is saying the wall or this latest EO is wrong a partisan stance?

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2017, 10:44:54 AM »
What is a partisan stance? Is saying the wall or this latest EO is wrong a partisan stance?

Wall- yes, partisan. Tell me one reason why a US company should say a wall is right or wrong.
EO- Saying you care for refugees is okay. Saying that the EO is "wrong" needs basis for that statement that isn't tied to emotions. It is neither unconstitutional nor unprecedented, so don't go ahead and criticize your customers and say that we believe in something that is "antithetical to our nations core values". On a side note, it is interesting how liberals don't realize how hypocritical they have become- example: Lyft- "We stand together...we want our world to be diverse" while attacking customers who don't agree with their narrow opinions. Same for the "he will not divide us" loonies who think that repeating that mantra all day in front of a camera will bring the nation together. They will never say something like "we will stay together" because that would actually be a positive attempt to get people together.
Visibly Jewish

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2017, 10:52:45 AM »
Wall- yes, partisan. Tell me one reason why a US company should say a wall is right or wrong.
EO- Saying you care for refugees is okay. Saying that the EO is "wrong" needs basis for that statement that isn't tied to emotions. It is neither unconstitutional nor unprecedented, so don't go ahead and criticize your customers and say that we believe in something that is "antithetical to our nations core values". On a side note, it is interesting how liberals don't realize how hypocritical they have become- example: Lyft- "We stand together...we want our world to be diverse" while attacking customers who don't agree with their narrow opinions. Same for the "he will not divide us" loonies who think that repeating that mantra all day in front of a camera will bring the nation together. They will never say something like "we will stay together" because that would actually be a positive attempt to get people together.
+1

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »
Because they have a right to. Taking a stance on something does not mean it is political or partisan.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2017, 11:00:51 AM »
Because they have a right to. Taking a stance on something does not mean it is political or partisan.

The CEO also has the right to walk around with his pants off (well maybe not, let's say he has the right to walk around with a wig and his face painted like a tiger).
What's your point?

Now answer my original question- What stance can a company take against the wall that isn't partisan politics?
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
Now answer my original question- What stance can a company take against the wall that isn't partisan politics?
Maybe he believes as I do it is a waste of money and will never work. Is that a political or partisan issue?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »
Maybe he believes as I do it is a waste of money and will never work. Is that a political or partisan issue?
Then he should email his friends, not paying customers.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »

"We believe that the wall is a waste of Mexico's money because the wall will not work to stop illegal immigration. We hope the President gives us a chance to propose better solutions." That's about the only thing they can say that's not partisan, but ain't nobody ever saying that, nor would I advise them to.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2017, 12:45:02 PM »
So this fiasco was caused by everyone except Trump. I guess it had nothing to do with an EO that his own people didn't understand.

"Big problems at airports were caused by Delta computer outage,.....protesters and the tears of Senator Schumer."