Author Topic: amex gift card  (Read 1961 times)

Offline yshaf13

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
amex gift card
« on: December 03, 2008, 03:45:29 AM »
i keep on getting offers for no-fee amex gift card. will i get points for buying these? is it like buying money?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: amex gift card
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »
Depends, has anyone tried using an AMEX GC to buy a money order or other cash equivalent?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yshaf13

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 05:33:34 PM »
Wow I started this post over a year ago but I guess it's never too late... The question was weather you get points for buying the actual card, I ended up calling AMEX and they said I wouldn't get any points....

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:47:11 PM »
Wow I started this post over a year ago but I guess it's never too late... The question was weather you get points for buying the actual card, I ended up calling AMEX and they said I wouldn't get any points....
Was December 03, 2008 over a year ago already? Wow!

At any rate, while it's unlikely that you would earn AMEX MR points, I would assume that you would get Starpoints for buying GC's.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yshaf13

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:57:56 PM »
Gosh that's quite embarrassing, I don't know why i thought that... Anyway if I remember correctly I asked specifically about starpoints and the answer was no...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:15:25 PM »
Gosh that's quite embarrassing, I don't know why i thought that... Anyway if I remember correctly I asked specifically about starpoints and the answer was no...
Lol, no sweat.

Anyway I never trust ill-informed reps.  The proof is in the pudding...has anyone here ordered an AMEX GC on their Starwood card?