Author Topic: Travelocity Best Price Guarantee Vacation Rental  (Read 962 times)

Offline fafa123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Travelocity Best Price Guarantee Vacation Rental
« on: November 01, 2018, 10:58:56 AM »
I booked a vacation rental with Travelocity.  I did not realize that the taxes and fees were per night instead of an all-inclusive number.  Long story short, the vacation rental was cheaper on both Airbnb and Booking.com.  I can not cancel the reservation at the Travelocity (no refund). 

I filled out the "best guarantee" form with the accompanying screen shot.  Was rejected as not including the entire screen.  When I try to display how much it would have cost to book the vacation rental from airbnb and booking.com to get a better screen shot, I can not get it to display because the dates are booked (BY ME).  Sending a different date was also rejected as I need an "apples to apples" comparison of the same dates.  This obviously works for hotels but not vacation rentals.

Any ideas what I can do?  Am I out of luck?

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: Travelocity Best Price Guarantee Vacation Rental
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 10:15:02 PM »
Did it state anywhere before you made payment that taxes and fees were per night?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline fafa123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Travelocity Best Price Guarantee Vacation Rental
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:19:45 PM »
Did it state anywhere before you made payment that taxes and fees were per night?

It did not.  There was total price though that I missed.  Did not catch it until the payment went through.