Author Topic: What's The Best Coffee you've ever had- The Brand, Style of Preparation & Where?  (Read 6416 times)

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
Blue Bottle.
famous but is it served locally or only mail order
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline beeweegee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Hands down, best I've had was at the Doka Estate coffee plantation in San Jose, Costa Rica, right near Paos Volcano National Park. We did their tour, and part of the tour was a taste test of 4 or 5 different varieties. i don't remember what it was called, but I don't remember ever having a better cup than one of those.

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
Hands down, best I've had was at the Doka Estate coffee plantation in San Jose, Costa Rica, right near Paos Volcano National Park. We did their tour, and part of the tour was a taste test of 4 or 5 different varieties. i don't remember what it was called, but I don't remember ever having a better cup than one of those.
but was it the tour that made it so good?

What if you had that same coffee by your desk tomorrow ?
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
I always thought that Kopi Luwak was the most expensive coffee in NY (or the states) they go for $30 to $100 per cup (I tried it in Bali a few times, delicious & kosher, according to talmud)

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/plucked-civet-feces-cat-poo-coffee-nyc-expensive-30-cup-article-1.203820
I thought it tasted like coffee. On that note, I have plenty of it by me if anyone wants to try the crappiest cup of coffee.

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
I thought it tasted like coffee. On that note, I have plenty of it by me if anyone wants to try the crappiest cup of coffee.
haha
-DMC

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy