Author Topic: Amex Gold 50k after $500 first 2 years free LINK  (Read 29238 times)

Offline joeyjava

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Gold 50k after $500 first 2 years free LINK
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2011, 09:26:27 PM »
I can definitely confirm that the 50K 2 year free app for the Gold card that i applied to had Bonus ID 5889
Check the file you uploaded carefully and you will see that bonus ID 4880 is for some other promo for pay with points;

"5 To use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points, you must charge travel with an enrolled Card at American Express Travel. Points will be
debited from your program account and a credit for the corresponding dollar amount will be issued to the Card account you used. If the points
redeemed do not cover the entire amount of the charge, the balance of the purchase price will remain on the Card account. Minimum
redemption of 5,000 points. You will receive 1 bonus point for every 5 points you redeem for a Pay with Points transaction. To be eligible to
earn bonus points, Card account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of bonus points fulfillment. Transactions charged to a
Corporate Card are excluded. Bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards First account approximately 6-10 weeks after charges
appear on your billing statement. Membership Rewards First® program Terms and Conditions apply; see membershiprewards.com/terms.
Bonus ID 4880."
sorry the back and forth has confused me a bit... is this deal still alive for new accounts... getting my sister involved in this now ;D

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »
sorry the back and forth has confused me a bit... is this deal still alive for new accounts... getting my sister involved in this now ;D
This app is not worth applying for. They seem to be refusing the bonus to most of us since it was targeted to Columbia grads.

Your best bet is prob to sign up with this link http://www.dansdeals.com/go/premier25k/ and then ask them to match you to Bonus ID 5894 for 75K points.

Offline joeyjava

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2011, 09:53:39 PM »
This app is not worth applying for. They seem to be refusing the bonus to most of us since it was targeted to Columbia grads.

Your best bet is prob to sign up with this link http://www.dansdeals.com/go/premier25k/ and then ask them to match you to Bonus ID 5894 for 75K points.

is this still working?... i was able to get for an app in april but wasn't sure if they were offering it on the newer(May) apps

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2011, 09:57:40 PM »
is this still working?... i was able to get for an app in april but wasn't sure if they were offering it on the newer(May) apps
I applied for the Premier Gold last week and they matched me today to the 75K Bonus ID 5894

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2011, 12:03:22 AM »
They said the promo I signed up for was 10K after first purchase, since I already met the requirement she deposited the 65K into my account.
Its interesting that they said that I signed up via the refer a friend promo  :-\
Como se dice...I told ya so?

"Only Columbia 2011 and 2012 MBA students are eligible for this offer. American Express reserves the right to change or rescind the terms of this offer upon failure to successfully verify Columbia enrollment and valid student status."

Yikes. The application didnt mention anything.
Do you think they will really follow up and enforce this?

As they say...YMMV.
If they get significantly more apps than there are Columbia MBA students they may ask for proof from everyone.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2011, 12:21:03 AM »
I applied for the Premier Gold last week and they matched me today to the 75K Bonus ID 5894

If you get really lucky you'll get 65k +50k, no?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2011, 03:26:07 AM »
te lo dije  - i told you, i told you that, i told it to you

żno te lo dije? - didn't i tell you?

żya no te lo dije? - didn't i tell you already???

lero lero - neener neener (if you're a little kid in .mx)

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2011, 08:06:29 AM »

I just got a reply on the SM I sent on my wifes card to see what promo she had and the response i got was;

Dear Mrs Oracle,

Actually, your account does not have the bonus ID 5889 linked. The one linked to your account gives you First Year Fee-free benefit and 10,000 bonus points by spending $500.00 is the first three months of having your Card. Yet we will honor your request.

The 10,000 bonus points will be credited to your account 8-10 weeks after you have met the spend requirement of $500.00 within the first three months of Cardmembership. Once these bonus points are processed on your account, write back to us. We will manually issue the balance 40,000 bonus points on your account. Once the second year's Membership Fee is charged to your account, write back to us. We will manually issue credit for it as well.

I have made proper notation on your account of this exception on your account for future reference.

I hope this is to your satisfaction. I thank you for your valuable time to email us and giving me the opportunity to be of assistance to you today.

Sincerely, Aditi Bhattacharya Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

I think I may actually ask them anyways to switch it to the 75K promo since its less hassle to remind them and the extra 25K is worth more than the 2nd year annual fee.
What do you guys think, should I not rock the boat?

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »
It is enough the bonus ID, or do you have to claim you received it? I want to do it for my wife, and have received already 3 offer for myself (the latest arriving the same day as my new card). So I'm wondering what the best route is.

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2011, 09:53:03 AM »
I just wrote that i see another Bonus ID being offered. I did not claim to receive it.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2011, 10:01:44 AM »
I just got a reply on the SM I sent on my wifes card to see what promo she had and the response i got was;

I think I may actually ask them anyways to switch it to the 75K promo since its less hassle to remind them and the extra 25K is worth more than the 2nd year annual fee.
What do you guys think, should I not rock the boat?
AMEX is funny.  Even when they're mean (moving everyone from the 50K offer to a 10K offer they still make it up.

Where did you SM to this time?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »
AMEX is funny.  Even when they're mean (moving everyone from the 50K offer to a 10K offer they still make it up.

Where did you SM to this time?

MR - Points balance. (same as I did for my card that was orig rejected)

Would you just ask them to change to ID 5894 at this point?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »
MR - Points balance. (same as I did for my card that was orig rejected)

Would you just ask them to change to ID 5894 at this point?
Of course.  I never really saw the big draw of the 2nd year being free on a churnable card.

Offline Zeeeeks

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »
Of course.  I never really saw the big draw of the 2nd year being free on a churnable card.
Thanks Dan, I was trying to figure that out myself, but I'm new to the game so I thought I was missing something.

Offline ashers

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2011, 02:33:17 PM »
I applied for the Gold and got 10K after my first purchase
I sent an e mail "confirming"it was under offer ID 5894 and they replied the following:
I am sorry but as per our records, you are not eligible for this offer id 5894.

Please know that our Marketing department initiates different offers from time to time, and they are subject to change.

So, we are unable to apply an offer to your account which did not exist at the time your account was opened.

I hope you will understand.

We appreciate and value your Membership with us.
Sincerely, Deodita D'souza Manager, Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

Any idea as to how i find out what offer this was? and if it is worth my while to spend the $500/$1000 in the next 3 months
it CAN be done!

Offline shach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »
I applied for the Gold and got 10K after my first purchase
I sent an e mail "confirming"it was under offer ID 5894 and they replied the following:
Any idea as to how i find out what offer this was? and if it is worth my while to spend the $500/$1000 in the next 3 months
try calling the MR dep. and pushing it through

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »
I see that all agents are already highly aware of this being a columbia offer. I was on the phone today with a few reps, whenever I mentioned this they told me right away this is for columbia students.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline shach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »
I see that all agents are already highly aware of this being a columbia offer. I was on the phone today with a few reps, whenever I mentioned this they told me right away this is for columbia students.
in the MR department they didn't blink an eye