Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Visa  (Read 806500 times)

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: 50K Sapphire Preferred Bonus!
« Reply #660 on: July 06, 2011, 06:33:20 PM »
I will try this tomorrow. Thanks. But this does not solve "recently" issue. Errrrrr. hope for good.
My apps were pretty recent too, as long as there aren't way too many you should be able to get a rep that will approve

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 06, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »
I called them and my application got denied due to too many accounts open recently. They said I open two amex credit cards and one citi recently. What is best way to negotiate with reconsider rep  towards this point? I tried but failed....lol

Got any cards you can transfer CL from or close?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline lrgfc

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 06, 2011, 06:42:50 PM »
Got any cards you can transfer CL from or close?
nope, I only one amazon card in chase. I tried to make it a point. But rep said we are different than the other institution, he meant citi, dis or amex...which made me mad.

Offline juda

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 06, 2011, 08:58:46 PM »
nope, I only one amazon card in chase. I tried to make it a point. But rep said we are different than the other institution, he meant citi, dis or amex...which made me mad.
you are right . i dont know why people are saying that thay could close a card or transfer credit from one of there cards . when i spoke to recon about my sapphire card last week thay kind of open a full mouth saying thay never heared such a think.

please advise !!

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 06, 2011, 09:03:09 PM »
you are right . i dont know why people are saying that thay could close a card or transfer credit from one of there cards . when i spoke to recon about my sapphire card last week thay kind of open a full mouth saying thay never heared such a think.

please advise !!
are you guys trying to transfer credit from other banks? cuz thats not possible but to move around credit lines from one chase card to another is very possible and has been done by myself and others many times.

Offline juda

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 06, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »
are you guys trying to transfer credit from other banks? cuz thats not possible but to move around credit lines from one chase card to another is very possible and has been done by myself and others many times.
i was doing it with other chase cards and no luck  i spoke to them 3 times last week the 3d time thay told me that " didnt you call us about this issue already ??" you think i should try again to mention to close a card or trnsfer credit ?

i dont want thay should like on my account like this !!

Offline lrgfc

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 07, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »
i called recon guys 2nd time this week. it last twenty minutes and I managed to talk to supervisor. But still failed. My credit lines are increasing too fast. They do not buy my stories. I am wondering if I tried tomorrow or sometime later, what is the chance I could talk to a different supervisor? upset....

Offline eli1571

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 07, 2011, 03:59:31 PM »
spoke to recon. dept got them to approve a second actve saphire card by cancelling my cont. card and transfering part of my c.l. although they did comment about the fact that i opened a few cards in the last six months.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 07, 2011, 04:00:36 PM »
spoke to recon. dept got them to approve a second actve saphire card by cancelling my cont. card and transfering part of my c.l. although they did comment about the fact that i opened a few cards in the last six months.

I bet they didn't mention anything about the signup bonus, right? Did they notice you had an active Sapphire?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline eli1571

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 07, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »
I bet they didn't mention anything about the signup bonus, right? Did they notice you had an active Sapphire?
yes, they actually did know that i have a saphire card thats y they declined it tio begin with only after  speaking to them did they approve it

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #670 on: July 08, 2011, 02:26:56 AM »
Got 2 cards opened for my dad (sapphire and UA) and Sapphire for myself by calling credit analyst dept not recon, and by having credit lines transferred or cards closed. Dont bother with recon.
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 08, 2011, 03:01:38 AM »
Got 2 cards opened for my dad (sapphire and UA) and Sapphire for myself by calling credit analyst dept not recon, and by having credit lines transferred or cards closed. Dont bother with recon.

Credit analyst dept is a form of recon, no?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #672 on: July 08, 2011, 09:46:20 AM »
Credit analyst dept is a form of recon, no?
Yup, I posted all of those different numbers for a reason.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 08, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
Yup, I posted all of those different numbers for a reason.

I was asking SJR how he sees them as being different. When I saw recon I really mean analyst.

Offline businessmachine

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 08, 2011, 09:52:29 AM »
I have made the mistake of speaking with regular recon this whole week to get status of Hyatt card and all i've
been getting was its under review and last night a lady said its still under review but she doesen't think it will be
 approved because of recent applications.

BA card- in April
Sapphire card- same day double app as the Hyatt.
I'm gonna try speaking with the credit analysts today.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: July 08, 2011, 09:55:08 AM »
I have made the mistake of speaking with regular recon this whole week to get status of Hyatt card and all i've
been getting was its under review and last night a lady said its still under review but she doesen't think it will be
 approved because of recent applications.

BA card- in April
Sapphire card- same day double app as the Hyatt.
I'm gonna try speaking with the credit analysts today.

I don't think there's a difference which recon you call, YMMV either way, depending on who you talk to and how well you sweet-talk them.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #676 on: July 08, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »
I don't think there's a difference which recon you call, YMMV either way, depending on who you talk to and how well you sweet-talk them.
+1
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #677 on: July 08, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »
+1

Im just sharing my experiences, of course I had no idea theyre one and the same, but to me it seemed that credit analysts are more powerful and better to work with. Some were nice and some ballbusters, but at the end they got all 3 cards done while the 'recon number' rejected me a few times saying we dont transfer credit or close ccs. Perhaps it was just my luck.....

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 08, 2011, 10:32:55 AM »
Amazon? I had credit transferred from my dads chase amazon to open the sapphire...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 08, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »
Nobody said they're one and the same.  Just that each department will have good and bad reps=YMMV.