Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Visa  (Read 806542 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: 50K Sapphire Preferred Bonus!
« Reply #780 on: August 07, 2011, 02:16:55 AM »
From another travel blog:

"New targeted offers for Chase Sapphire with promo code "GX1" and an invitation number. I just received my card in the mail today when I signed up under the $3K/3 month promo for 50k. I called to activate and informed the rep that a friend received an offer today with the GX1 code that only required $750 spend in three months to get the 50k points. She sent a note to marketing to put this offer on my account and then activated my card with this new promo. She stated I would receive a snail-mail confirmation of this in 7-10 business days. So, if anyone has applied recently and not received the card, they should be able to activate it under this new promo with offer code GX1."

But this is still for 50k total (not 50k + 50k), right?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #781 on: August 07, 2011, 02:21:33 AM »
But this is still for 50k total (not 50k + 50k), right?
Correct.
Personally it's quite disingenuous to say "if anyone has applied recently and not received the card, they should be able to activate it under this new promo with offer code GX1" before even confirming that the code works for non-targeted people...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 07, 2011, 02:23:49 AM »
Correct.
Personally it's quite disingenuous to say "if anyone has applied recently and not received the card, they should be able to activate it under this new promo with offer code GX1" before even confirming that the code works for non-targeted people...

Fair enough, but if the code is notated and people (manually?) get 50k after $750 spend, they might get lucky and (automatically?) get another 50k after $3k spend.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #783 on: August 07, 2011, 02:26:23 AM »
Fair enough, but if the code is notated and people (manually?) get 50k after $750 spend, they might get lucky and (automatically?) get another 50k after $3k spend.
That would take a lot of luck.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 07, 2011, 02:28:02 AM »
That would take a lot of luck.

Are you saying that after signup they can still switch your signup promo? (if they wanted to)

Offline Swizard210

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #785 on: August 07, 2011, 05:16:03 AM »

"New targeted offers for Chase Sapphire with promo code "GX1" and an invitation number. I just received my card in the mail today when I signed up under the $3K/3 month promo for 50k. I called to activate and informed the rep that a friend received an offer today with the GX1 code that only required $750 spend in three months to get the 50k points. She sent a note to marketing to put this offer on my account and then activated my card with this new promo. She stated I would receive a snail-mail confirmation of this in 7-10 business days. So, if anyone has applied recently and not received the card, they should be able to activate it under this new promo with offer code GX1."

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this promo for the REGULAR Chase Sapphire and not the Chase Sapphire Preferred which this thread is regarding?  The reference may way, but I don't think it'd work for all the individuals who applied for the Preferred card, which also has the $3K/3mo offer.

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 07, 2011, 07:51:50 AM »
Correct.
huh?  that's just a quote of the email he received, nothing rick himself said.  anyway, i think we've already established that credit card blogs are about money, not genuineness.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 07, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »
huh?  that's just a quote of the email he received, nothing rick himself said.  anyway, i think we've already established that credit card blogs are about money, not genuineness.
He's got more great advice now, just buy items from myhabit and then you can return them to get amazon credit!
Amazing!!! Now you can buy amazon gcs with your credit card for threshold spending!!!
 ::) ::) ::)

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 07, 2011, 11:45:55 AM »
He's got more great advice now, just buy items from myhabit and then you can return them to get amazon credit!
Amazing!!! Now you can buy amazon gcs with your credit card for threshold spending!!!
 ::) ::) ::)

Sounds like it's a blog for true credit card champions  ::)

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 07, 2011, 01:38:24 PM »
not sure why all the hating on rick.  granted, his blog has gone down the tubes the past year+, but he's a nice guy who means well.  and is pretty straightforward about things.

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 07, 2011, 04:00:07 PM »

Can this be matched - my father opened a saphire-regular 4 months ago and got nothing for opening it

Offline T kay

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • Beads & Jewelry Making Supplies
  • Programs: Dans Deals Bronze elite
« Reply #791 on: August 07, 2011, 04:55:42 PM »
 :)
 ;)
Beads & Jewelry Making Supplies http://www.beadblaze.com/

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 09, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »

Can anyone confirm if this is true? my brother is about to activate his card.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 09, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
Can anyone confirm if this is true? my brother is about to activate his card.
what's there to confirm? try it, he has nothing to lose.

Offline Netster

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
NEW Chase Sapphire card 100k signup bonus!!!!!
« Reply #794 on: August 10, 2011, 09:31:31 PM »
Does anyone know what the story is with this new chase sapphire card with a 100k signup bonus????

Offline fdg9

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Chase Sapphire card 100k signup bonus!!!!!
« Reply #795 on: August 10, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »
What r you talking about?

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 10, 2011, 09:40:41 PM »
I heard people recently were getting a new 100,000 offer. Still trying to find out more about it but if chase stopped matching I don't know if it's going to help.

Offline Bh101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 10, 2011, 09:44:17 PM »
this is very interesting......Dan (or anyone else) can u shed some light on this?

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 13, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »
Does anyone know what the story is with this new chase sapphire card with a 100k signup bonus????
I hear that the new deal is 100,000 points for $500 spend in 3 months. It's for the regular sapphire not the preferred so no annual fee. Offer code is X1P
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:21:54 PM by Dan »

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 14, 2011, 12:42:10 AM »
I hear that the new deal is 100,000 points for $500 spend in 3 months. It's for the regular sapphire not the preferred so no annual fee. Offer code is X1P

I believe that ultimate reward points on the regular chase sapphire card CANNOT be transferred out to CO or BA, for example. I was under the impression that only sapphire preferred accts can transfer out their UR points.

If the above is true, that would make this offer much less attractive, IMHO.

Can anyone confirm or reject the above??

Thanks