Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Visa  (Read 814505 times)

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 50K Sapphire Preferred Bonus!
« Reply #820 on: August 18, 2011, 07:23:09 PM »
you think I should give up that easily?
no.  wait until you get your two new cards and then call up about the united and just say you applied for the ua card and were declined and you'd like to be recon'd etc.     

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 18, 2011, 07:24:04 PM »
And besides, everyone has a right to work on behalf of himself. We are no team, the only thing we do is sharing useful information. So please bug off.  :o
well that certainly sums up the mentality around here... and the reason why sensitive deals shouldn't be posted...

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #822 on: August 18, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »
Not at all. you think the world ends by us few people, I confirmed with the executive I dealt with, that I was the first person that was asking him on this issue, and nobody reached him till then regarding this issue. So, I don't know if the reason is because only a few people called in the executive, or that there are ton's of executives around there. But one thing is definitely sure, that they aren't DDF readers, and they don't have the same point of view that you have. :P
And besides, everyone has a right to work on behalf of himself. We are no team, the only thing we do is sharing useful information. So please bug off.  :o
did you at least get it?
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 18, 2011, 07:28:40 PM »
well that certainly sums up the mentality around here... and the reason why sensitive deals shouldn't be posted...
So nobody asked anyone to post this deal. Once it was posted, nobody could talk in to it. it's gotten public. it males no sense to say: "hay Mr. I got already this offer, now stay silent, and don't destroy my future offers". this is as selfishness as could be.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #824 on: August 18, 2011, 07:30:27 PM »
So nobody asked anyone to post this deal. Once it was posted, nobody could talk in to it. it's gotten public. it males no sense to say: "hay Mr. I got already this offer, now stay silent, and don't destroy my future offers". this is as selfishness as could be.

Guys, chase really doesnt care about 2 people who try to extort them for a few extra points. Please, they have bigger things on their plate. Your not changing any company policies by making them meshuga.

Offline Chez

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: August 18, 2011, 10:42:53 PM »
Dan,
I applied for the United and Sapphire Preferred cards last week. I was rejected for the Sapphire Preferred because I had too many requests for credit with Chase. I called reconsideration (Thanks Dan!) and was told that the real reason that I was rejected, was because I had been accepted for the United card!! All I had to do was ask, and they immediately and without any difficulty transferred credit from the new United account to a new, approved Sapphire Preferred account! Thanks Dan!

Here's a question though. I also applied for the Citi Preferred and Citi Premier cards. I was accepted for the Preferred, but when I tried to submit my application for the Citi Premier, I received a message along the lines of: 'this request cannot be made at this time'. I refreshed multiple times (believe me lol), but to no avail. Has anyone had this experience? Is there any way to ask Citi for consideration?

Thanks for your help!

Chez
Chez

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #826 on: August 19, 2011, 12:51:09 AM »
well that certainly sums up the mentality around here...

+1

Guys, chase really doesnt care about 2 people who try to extort them for a few extra points. Please, they have bigger things on their plate. Your not changing any company policies by making them meshuga.

Two people? That's likely your first mistaken assumption. And, second - the proof is in the pudding regarding possibly "changing company policy." Did Chase stop matching offers on this Sapphire card, or not? Yea, that's what I thought.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 19, 2011, 08:35:28 AM »
Two people? That's likely your first mistaken assumption. And, second - the proof is in the pudding regarding possibly "changing company policy." Did Chase stop matching offers on this Sapphire card, or not? Yea, that's what I thought.
But after changing. what else could someone lose by trying??, if they changed, they changed anyway, and if he will have luck, good luck. You would rather have to campaign not to ask them to match, while they were still matching, then you had chances. now there is nothing what to lose.

Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 21, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »
But after changing. what else could someone lose by trying??, if they changed, they changed anyway, and if he will have luck, good luck. You would rather have to campaign not to ask them to match, while they were still matching, then you had chances. now there is nothing what to lose.
+1, although I dont understand completely whats being said here.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #829 on: August 22, 2011, 02:36:55 AM »

I must admit that I do not completely follow what you seem to be saying, but to the extent I am able to glean something from it, I would point out that dozens of phone calls to the executive office will change the policy in the executive office as well. For example, I know people who had successfully matched the offer through the CEO (Chase Exec Office), and then after awhile, even the CEO stopped matching. After enough unsuccessful matches, the CEO may change its policy not to match offers if not specifically targeted.

All I am saying is that after enough people have gotten rejected at the CEO level, I'd say your hurting the chances the CEO will continue to come through in the future, IMHO.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ygift

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 23, 2011, 08:55:51 AM »
Can someone please help me here. I have 2 prefered acct (2 different names) and I met the 3000.00 threshold to gett he 50000 bonus on both cards  How do go about getting them to give the 100000 bonus?  I never really saw the 100000 offer but im hearing from peopleDo i email or call them where what email etc? I know that probably there is "directions" somewhere in this thread but its 56 pages. Please help me out
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:58:58 AM by ygift »

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 23, 2011, 09:18:37 AM »
You don't get it. It's been dead for months.

Offline ygift

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 23, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »
dead for months?? I just got them 3 months ago and today was the 93 day time limit to have chatged 3k. I was on the phone with them yesterday and was told that my acct will get it

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 23, 2011, 10:05:19 AM »
I'm talking about the 100k match, it's been dead for a long time now. They won't match the 100k anymore. All you will get is 50k per card.

Offline ye

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 25, 2011, 10:18:46 AM »
Yes, I searched and couldn't find a conclusive response. Is this card churnable or YMMV?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #835 on: August 25, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
Yes, I searched and couldn't find a conclusive response. Is this card churnable or YMMV?
Yes, but there's always YMMV when it comes to churning.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ye

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 25, 2011, 12:26:19 PM »
Yes, but there's always YMMV when it comes to churning.
Thanks! Are there any Chase cards that are definitely not churnable other than British?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #837 on: August 25, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »
Thanks! Are there any Chase cards that are definitely not churnable other than British?
Not that I know of.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline john

• View Profile
  • Programs: United 1K
Chase sapphire preffered. 50k points. $750 spend in 3 months.
« Reply #838 on: September 05, 2011, 12:36:47 AM »
First year fee is waived. Offer came in mail for my brother and his wife. Me and my wife have already got the card and going thru spending 3k for similar point and fee waiver offer. Offer code LQ3 for$750 spend. Much smaller spend than 3k to get same points.

Offline lybbtthl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Barely anything these days...
« Reply #839 on: September 05, 2011, 01:14:03 AM »
practically speaking, how long after spending $3,000 do the 50,000 points post to your account? and how long does it take to transfer them to CO. I'm not talking about the time frames in the fine print, I'm talking about what actually happens (I'm sure it varies)