Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Visa  (Read 806432 times)

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 50K Sapphire Preferred Bonus!
« Reply #1320 on: May 03, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »
and I consider suing Chase, I feel I lost my mind and went crazy because of this.
  YOu were less meshuga once?

Offline sruly101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 03, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
hi i would like to know if its possible to change my Chase Sapphire PreferredSM Card to the normal chase sapphire now after i got this offer bonus of 50k, to sve the annual fee of $95. and if it harms my credit
thanks

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 03, 2012, 12:56:32 PM »
hi i would like to know if its possible to change my Chase Sapphire PreferredSM Card to the normal chase sapphire now after i got this offer bonus of 50k, to sve the annual fee of $95. and if it harms my credit
thanks

The annual fee is waived the first year. Leave it as a Sapphire until the fee is due. That way you will get your yearly 7% bonus also and have the added benefits of Sapphire for the year.

Also keep in mind once you downgrade your points can't be transferred out to Airline/Hotel partners.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 03, 2012, 01:09:50 PM »
The annual fee is waived the first year. Leave it as a Sapphire until the fee is due. That way you will get your yearly 7% bonus also and have the added benefits of Sapphire for the year.

Also keep in mind once you downgrade your points can't be transferred out to Airline/Hotel partners.
thanks just can you please tell me, when will be charged the annual fee after a calender year or jan. the next year? and the same when do i get the %7 points?

Offline ez1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 03, 2012, 01:12:19 PM »
thanks just can you please tell me, when will be charged the annual fee after a calender year or jan. the next year? and the same when do i get the %7 points?
7% is february time and the annual fee is after a full year from when you sign up. 

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 03, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »

Annual fee is charged in billing cycle of 12 months after you enroll, regardless of which calendar month it is. 7% annual dividend typically posts in February.

Keeping the card open also means you can negotiate a retention bonus when starting your second year of cardmembership (or earlier even), it also means you have leverage when applying again with Chase, if they give you any issues you can offer to close this card or transfer part of its CL.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline miamiles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 03, 2012, 04:11:32 PM »
which airlines do these transfer to?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 04, 2012, 12:53:53 AM »
which airlines do these transfer to?

Here's the current list:

100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 06, 2012, 03:44:40 PM »
Annual fee is charged in billing cycle of 12 months after you enroll, regardless of which calendar month it is. 7% annual dividend typically posts in February.

Keeping the card open also means you can negotiate a retention bonus when starting your second year of cardmembership (or earlier even), it also means you have leverage when applying again with Chase, if they give you any issues you can offer to close this card or transfer part of its CL.
thanks, I'm new in the credit card world so i would like to ask something maybe its simple but i don't know :-[ :-[,

if i want to close a credit card (cuz i got the bonus points and i don't want to pay the annual fee ;))  and in the same time i want to apply for another one, is it better if i (like you say) transfer this card to the new one? is it possible? does it pay for my credit? (is it better for my credit then closing that card)? and how do i do it?

thanks for your time learning me

Offline sky121

• View Profile
Re: Re: 50K Sapphire Preferred Bonus!
« Reply #1329 on: May 06, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »
thanks, I'm new in the credit card world so i would like to ask something maybe its simple but i don't know :-[ :-[,

if i want to close a credit card (cuz i got the bonus points and i don't want to pay the annual fee ;))  and in the same time i want to apply for another one, is it better if i (like you say) transfer this card to the new one? is it possible? does it pay for my credit? (is it better for my credit then closing that card)? and how do i do it?

Apply for your new one. If you don't get approved you can then move over credit and close the old card to get the new one approved.

You can also downgrade many cards to fee free versions and close them in the future when needed.

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 06, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »

This question is a broad question and does not really belong in this thread, also a simple search would help you find the answer.

The answer to your question is to apply for a new card and if you get denied than you can try and use the current card and it's credit line as leverage to get this card approved (you ask them to reconsider and offer to close this card in place of the new one). this would be helpful for getting a new card approved, yet as far as your credit is concerned you want to keep your current credit lines as this is part of your credit value, yet canceling a card does not negatively affect your credit for 10 years so if you end up getting a new line it doesn't really make a difference how this one is closed.

In the future post seemingly simple questions here
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16069.0

or you can do a search...  :) :) :)

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 06, 2012, 05:41:11 PM »
thanks guys!! :)

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 06, 2012, 06:11:36 PM »
just one more thing!
if i ll ask them to transfer my credit line from my sapphire to get approved another credit card, can they take away my points i earned by opening the card and using it in the first 3 months?(or they wont give me the bonus of the new card)

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 06, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
just one more thing!
if i ll ask them to transfer my credit line from my sapphire to get approved another credit card, can they take away my points i earned by opening the card and using it in the first 3 months?(or they wont give me the bonus of the new card)

You have to transfer them out or to a different ultimate rewards account. Keep in mind if you don't have a sapphire preferred or ink bold you can't transfer points out to airline/hotel programs.

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 06, 2012, 06:17:06 PM »
You have to transfer them out or to a different ultimate rewards account. Keep in mind if you don't have a sapphire preferred or ink bold you can't transfer points out to airline/hotel programs.
is it ok to transfer them to my chase freedom ?

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: May 06, 2012, 06:19:34 PM »
yes.
once again this is the right place to ask these questions...
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16069.0

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 08, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
Question,
So I want to switch my Sapphire Preferred Visa for a Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard.
My year with Sapphire will be up next week.
What is the best way to do this?
They told me they can transfer to Preferred World Mastercard once you have the Sapphire Preferred Visa open at least a year.

Is there a way to:
1) Transfer to World MasterCard and get points for a new card?
2) Keep my ultimate rewards points with my account?

Also, a retention bonus was mentioned earlier.  What successful offers have you found for retention in the past?
Looking for suggestions?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1337 on: May 08, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »
You can apply for a Sapphire World Mastercard and get the bonus again.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 08, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »
I thought it was mentioned that they wouldnt let you have two Preferred Sapphire cards at once.
So can I apply for the Sapphire Preferred World MasterCard while the Sapphire Preferred Visa is still open?

I just got the Freedom and was originally denied because I have too many Chase cards.  Called Recon and had them move some of the credit line from one card to another and got the Freedom that way.

Afraid they will deny the World Mastercard.  How long do you have to wait between applying for cards?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1339 on: May 08, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
I have both open, but even if they tell you no, you can always offer to close the Visa and have them approve the MC and get the points again.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.