Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Visa  (Read 816223 times)

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Visa
« Reply #2160 on: June 18, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »
You don't apply for a card one month after an AOR.
Did you just make up that rule?

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:24 AM »
Did you just make up that rule?

I don't think it's a rule, but I think it's good practice generally.  He could have applied for it last month in his AOR, but now it will be much harder to get approved due to the multiple pulls last month.  He could probably have done a 2-or-3bm including this card if he had waited a bit longer also. 

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: June 18, 2013, 11:07:14 AM »
I've done it many times without a problem.

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: June 18, 2013, 11:14:36 AM »

That's great.  Maybe you've got the golden tongue.  Maybe you've got a good strategy for what to apply for.  Maybe G-d loves you more than him.   ;D

The point is that not everybody is going to have an easy time doing it, and even if they do it's generally more efficient to wait a bit longer and do another AOR, because it's better to have 6 pulls in January than to have one per month Jan-Jun.  Because on July 1 if you did it the first way, you've got 0 pulls in the past 6 months while if you did it the second way you have 5.

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #2164 on: June 18, 2013, 11:15:27 AM »

It's not a rule, it's good policy. The AOR that I meant was one that they can see that you opened 5-10 new personal cards a month ago...

Offline jeckll

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: June 18, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »
That's great.  Maybe you've got the golden tongue.  Maybe you've got a good strategy for what to apply for.  Maybe G-d loves you more than him.   ;D

The point is that not everybody is going to have an easy time doing it, and even if they do it's generally more efficient to wait a bit longer and do another AOR, because it's better to have 6 pulls in January than to have one per month Jan-Jun.  Because on July 1 if you did it the first way, you've got 0 pulls in the past 6 months while if you did it the second way you have 5.
Is the 6 month rule generally applicable for "number of recent inquiries?" So are 6-month intervals between AORs about the right spacing? Better to do 6 pulls 1/1, then 6 7/2, etc. or say 3 pulls 1/1, 3 pulls 4/2, 3 pulls 7/3, etc.?

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 18, 2013, 11:37:32 AM »
It's not a rule, it's good policy. The AOR that I meant was one that they can see that you opened 5-10 new personal cards a month ago...
Right, I've opened about 10 cards and a month later applied for a new card without any issues.

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: June 18, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »
Is the 6 month rule generally applicable for "number of recent inquiries?" So are 6-month intervals between AORs about the right spacing? Better to do 6 pulls 1/1, then 6 7/2, etc. or say 3 pulls 1/1, 3 pulls 4/2, 3 pulls 7/3, etc.?

This is probably a matter of great debate, but I'd say better to wait 6 months between and make sure you go all out each time (6-10 cards for those who are experienced - you don't know what you don't know, people, and if you're new to this, there's a lot you don't know). 

The reason is because if you have 3 pulls every 3 months, you will always have at least 3 pulls showing in the past 6 months when you do your next applications.  If you do every 6 months you should have 0 pulls in the past 6 months.  If the bank is concerned about number of pulls per year, on the 3-month cycle you would have at least 9 showing and on the 6 month cycle you'd have only 6 at most.  I don't necessarily stick to this, but in theory I think it makes sense.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2168 on: June 18, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »
This is probably a matter of great debate, but I'd say better to wait 6 months between and make sure you go all out each time (6-10 cards for those who are experienced - you don't know what you don't know, people, and if you're new to this, there's a lot you don't know). 

The reason is because if you have 3 pulls every 3 months, you will always have at least 3 pulls showing in the past 6 months when you do your next applications.  If you do every 6 months you should have 0 pulls in the past 6 months.  If the bank is concerned about number of pulls per year, on the 3-month cycle you would have at least 9 showing and on the 6 month cycle you'd have only 6 at most.  I don't necessarily stick to this, but in theory I think it makes sense.

My process precisely ^
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: June 18, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »
My process precisely ^

Woohoo I was mechavein to a gadol b'DDF.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: June 18, 2013, 02:20:52 PM »

In my 1st attempt at an A-O-R, I tried a 3bm with Chase, it pulled Ex and Tu, 2 hours later I continued A-O-R with Amex, by 1st app I got decline, so I checked citi id monitor and 2 Ex pull showed already from Chase and Amex...
I thought Chase would only pull Tu...
Either way, my point and question is that it seems A-O-R's must be applied for within a few minutes or seconds or else in middle it won't show 0 in 6 months...

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 18, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »
In my 1st attempt at an A-O-R, I tried a 3bm with Chase, it pulled Ex and Tu, 2 hours later I continued A-O-R with Amex, by 1st app I got decline, so I checked citi id monitor and 2 Ex pull showed already from Chase and Amex...
I thought Chase would only pull Tu...
Either way, my point and question is that it seems A-O-R's must be applied for within a few minutes or seconds or else in middle it won't show 0 in 6 months...

I don't know for sure, but I always submit ALL applications within 5 minutes of each other (I try to do it within one minute but usually something goes wrong), just to be safe.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2172 on: June 18, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
Woohoo I was mechavein to a gadol b'DDF.

Even if it were true, that'd be my least laudable moniker.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

EMES

« Reply #2173 on: June 18, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
Even if it were true, that'd be my least laudable moniker.
How about זקן וגדל?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 18, 2013, 02:58:42 PM »
How about זקן וגדל?

Eh, not bad, I guess.

Offline Buckaroo123

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2175 on: June 18, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »
Huca.
U should never have to close a line of credit unless u are shifting it over.
While shifting over credit is not as exciting as an approval, it's a  guaranteed approval on the other card.

Thank you for the advice.

Offline chofetzchaim

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: June 19, 2013, 11:04:22 AM »

Dear

Thank you for contacting Chase about your inquiry to
switch your Sapphire Preferred card to a Freedom
MasterCard.

I regret to inform you that the option to change to a
Freedom MasterCard is unavailable. I apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause you.

As an alternative, you may apply for a new Freedom card.
New applications are available on-line at our secure
website. Please visit our website referenced below for the
most current offers and terms available:
http://www.creditcards.chase.com.

I hope that I was able to address your concern. If you
have any further questions, please reply using the Secure
Message Center.

Sincerely,

I wonder why they didn't let me downgrade, perhaps because I was trying to change from Visa to Mastercard. I guess I'll just have to close it and move the credit over.

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: June 19, 2013, 11:21:25 AM »
I wonder why they didn't let me downgrade, perhaps because I was trying to change from Visa to Mastercard. I guess I'll just have to close it and move the credit over.

No, it's because you're trying to change from Sapphire to Freedom.  You could have downgraded to a free Sapphire card, or perhaps changed your Sapphire Visa to a Sapphire MC.

Offline Buckaroo123

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: June 21, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
I am trying to get my CSMC closed to open a CSV. I called reconsideration and they wont do it due to too many recently opened cards (same answer twice). Is this something I can try SMing to get a successful reconsideration?

Thanks

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 21, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »
I am trying to get my CSMC closed to open a CSV. I called reconsideration and they wont do it due to too many recently opened cards (same answer twice). Is this something I can try SMing to get a successful reconsideration?

Thanks
Trying to switch from MC to V or trying to get the Visa as a new card?