Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Visa  (Read 815214 times)

Offline jjoyce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 50K Sapphire Preferred Bonus!
« Reply #520 on: June 21, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »
The question now is, why did they stop matching

I understand why they might only match after you hit 3k in spend  but why cut it off all together?

Like I said, I think it was just an honest mistake in the first place. They do have a policy of matching better offers within a certain time period but not necessarily all offers. This was a very limited and targeted offer not meant for the general public. And I don't think it is a coincidence that most of this all occurred over the weekend when most of the suits who really know what's going on are playing golf. It took until today for someone upstairs to notice what the heck what was going on. CR's are entry level positions and they probably weren't too up on this particular deal they were freely matching. The perfect storm.

Offline jjoyce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 21, 2011, 11:23:39 PM »
they are still matching UA , which while the 50K offer is more widespread is still only for targeted people.

I'm sure once in a while there may be an exception to the rule but think about it. There's no way they are going to have a blanket rule of matching any offer out there, including targeted. That would just result in sitting on the FlyerTalk forums and collecting all the best targeted offers people are getting and then just get 'em all matched. Not going to happen. Once in a while a fluke or mistake or some brief very good will but definitely not a standard practice.

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 21, 2011, 11:38:37 PM »
I'm sure once in a while there may be an exception to the rule but think about it. There's no way they are going to have a blanket rule of matching any offer out there, including targeted. That would just result in sitting on the FlyerTalk forums and collecting all the best targeted offers people are getting and then just get 'em all matched. Not going to happen. Once in a while a fluke or mistake or some brief very good will but definitely not a standard practice.
I think it is too early for you to be saying that this deal is dead.  It might be but why dont you wait and see what happens tomorrow and maybe the next day. 

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 21, 2011, 11:47:44 PM »
Amex and other CC companies do it all the time even to targetted offers. Chase which is known to be great with CS has been and I would think would continue to be at the forefront of accommodating people . The CSR that were giving the match weren't coming from nowhere they were coming from company policy to match . They don't make up rules. This sounds like one puffed up penguin who decided to put his foot down. If I would know someone in Chase I would let him know that he's causing a PR fiasco . Here there are hundreds probably thousands of people who signed up for this card yesterday thinking they are getting a 100K bonus , does Chase really want that bad feeling in their mouth . Even if Chase is correct?? I think they blew it by stopping it in middle of the rush. Don't give it at all or phase it out in a week or 2.

Offline jjoyce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 21, 2011, 11:49:50 PM »
I think it is too early for you to be saying that this deal is dead.  It might be but why dont you wait and see what happens tomorrow and maybe the next day.

It's not actually me saying the matching is done. I'm just relaying what Chase customer reps are saying. They are saying the deal is dead. But hope springs eternal. Maybe they'll change their minds again tomorrow. (But somehow I kind of doubt it.)

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2011, 11:52:37 PM »
A little birdie tells me he knows more then us commoners

Offline jjoyce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2011, 11:59:58 PM »
Amex and other CC companies do it all the time even to targetted offers.

Apparently not all the time.
And regardless of what others may have received, I'm not sure one has much to complain about when they sign up for a card that stipulates a specific deal and then they actually receive that very deal that was explicitly explained in the application filled out. Regardless of what "others" may have gotten. I can see the emails now: "How dare you give me exactly what you said you were going to give me!"
Just sounds sort of weird doesn't it?

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 22, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »
And regardless of what others may have received, I'm not sure one has much to complain about when they sign up for a card that stipulates a specific deal and then they actually receive that very deal that was explicitly explained in the application filled out. Regardless of what "others" may have gotten. I can see the emails now: "How dare you give me exactly what you said you were going to give me!"
For the sake of transparency do you work for Chase?

Offline jjoyce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2011, 12:08:35 AM »
.01% chance they would go after points givin already. It was givin in good faith, to people who didn't lie when asking for it. They wouldn't dare risk the fallout even for those that bent the truth. Those who were promised after they spend might have a harder time but with persistence will get it since its in writing, unless they wrote that they were targeted not that they feel bad because that would give an excuse to deny.

Agreed. As long as they didn't claim anything fraudulent, I think Chase has an obligation to follow through on their commitment. No one was holding a gun to their head. They offered those bonuses which came with phrases like, and I quote, "mutual trust", "support", "gesture of commitment." A little hard to go back on that.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2011, 12:09:13 AM »
+1

Offline jjoyce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 22, 2011, 12:14:33 AM »

No, but I'm open to offers. Except for phone positions. They couldn't pay me enough to deal with disgruntled card applicants.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 22, 2011, 12:23:28 AM »
First off yes the other companies are doing it all the time, you just need to get the right CSR.

Secondly I don't know where you learned PR from. PR doesn't mean you are correct it means keeping goodwill with the public .If the public "feels" robbed its terrible business. For a company that blows tens of millions on PR this is a stupid move. Like I said stopping it now is a bad PR move , make people ask twice , only give it after you spend the 3K and assume many won't spend or will forget ,wait a few weeks and phase it out. Don't cut your nose to spite your face.

Oh and one more thing I got my bonus without bending the truth. Total good will.

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2011, 01:50:47 AM »
First off yes the other companies are doing it all the time, you just need to get the right CSR.

Secondly I don't know where you learned PR from. PR doesn't mean you are correct it means keeping goodwill with the public .If the public "feels" robbed its terrible business. For a company that blows tens of millions on PR this is a stupid move. Like I said stopping it now is a bad PR move , make people ask twice , only give it after you spend the 3K and assume many won't spend or will forget ,wait a few weeks and phase it out. Don't cut your nose to spite your face.

Oh and one more thing I got my bonus without bending the truth. Total good will.
+1, well said yaakov, and by golly i hope youre rite.
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline Aben

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2011, 02:08:20 AM »
they are still matching UA , which while the 50K offer is more widespread is still only for targeted people.
I just tried to get 50K on the UA and got denied.

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2011, 02:12:05 AM »
I just tried to get 50K on the UA and got denied.
Ray of hope, that tonights just a bad night....good news in a twisted way?
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2011, 02:32:01 AM »
I can't believe you would try a match request tonight. I'm going to wait a few days before trying to get a match on my southwest card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Online Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 22, 2011, 02:48:47 AM »
+100
If not for the fact that he registered his account on November 09, 2010, 04:45:22 PM, I would've said so, since all his 11 posts are on this topic.

Offline jjoyce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2011, 04:02:23 AM »
+100
If not for the fact that he registered his account on November 09, 2010, 04:45:22 PM, I would've said so, since all his 11 posts are on this topic.

I give up. There's no way I can withstand your perceptive detective work. Yes, I'm actually the CEO of Chase.
Just kidding.
I'm really not.
I already said I didn't work for Chase but thanks for asking 100 times.
But seriously, even if I worked for Chase, do you seriously think placing disinformation or whatever on some relatively obscure message board (nothing personal Dan) would accomplish anything either way for Chase? You guys are hilarious.
I was just sharing what little info I have (and what's easily available for anyone who has the time to waste looking) in hopes it might help someone.
Guess I'll think twice about that next time.
Hope everyone manages to get their extra 50K!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:16:46 AM by jjoyce »

Offline jjoyce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2011, 04:08:23 AM »

You've convinced me. You're right. I'm wrong. Other companies are always giving out additional matching bonuses. I have no idea how I came to any other conclusion. Congrats on the good will.
(And you've also convinced me with your perceptive insight that if a business is making the public feel like they are being robbed, then that is not good PR. Making people feel bad is bad PR. Again, I have no idea how I came to any other conclusion. Thanks for the help!)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:21:35 AM by jjoyce »

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2011, 07:47:28 AM »
You've convinced me. You're right. I'm wrong. Other companies are always giving out additional matching bonuses. I have no idea how I came to any other conclusion. Congrats on the good will.
(And you've also convinced me with your perceptive insight that if a business is making the public feel like they are being robbed, then that is not good PR. Making people feel bad is bad PR. Again, I have no idea how I came to any other conclusion. Thanks for the help!)
:)

Btw regardless of who you are, not that it's my business nor do I really care. You write well are articulate(even a touch of cynicism in your last 2 posts) and seem to know your way around the CC game. I hope to hear more from you . We always need more people like you to spice up the forums.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:09:43 AM by yaakov s »