Author Topic: UA 90/91 EWR to TLV starting May 5th confirmed with new Polaris Seat (777-300)  (Read 7790 times)

Offline Solma

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline Z56

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
Good news
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Code: [Select]
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** TLV TEL AVIV YAFO.IL          71 SU 07MAY 0000 
 1   UA 084  J9 C9 D9 Z0 P0 Y9 B9 /EWR C TLV 3  440P   1015A+1E0/777      10:35
             M9 E9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 N0                             
 2   UA 090  J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0 Y9 B9 /EWR C TLV 3 1045P    420P+1E0/77W      10:35
             M9 E9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L0 K0 G0 N0                             
             SUBJECT TO GOVERNMENT APPROVAL                                     

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile

Offline Jewban

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP 2MM, DL PLAT, UA Nobody, US Hater, SPG PLAT, AMEX PLAT
Nice to have more seats and better J cabin.  Personally I'll stick with AC, product is better but wifi on UA is nice to have for such a relatively long flight back.

http://unitedafa.org/news/details.aspx?id=17661

Since you posted a Union link I have to wonder what will happen to the sCO Hebrew NLS (Newark Language Speaker) crews.  I imagine some will crossover to the sUA side to work 90/91?  I haven't monitored the job board at UA but I imagine they hired on quite a few to staff the SFO flight. 

Offline Jewban

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
Posted on the Dear AFA news bulletin:

(UAL) 777-300 Aircraft Assigned to EWR-TLV-EWR

As management acts to ensure the right aircraft are in the right markets to optimize revenue based on passenger demand, today the company communicated via an Inflight Scheduling Alert that assignment of the 777-300ER aircraft to one of the EWR-TLV-EWR flights, effective May 5, 2017.  This flight will be flown by pmUA Flight Attendants as the 777-300 fleet of aircraft will be assigned under the provisions of the pmUA Contract.

(UAL) Special Transfers for Hebrew Speakers

As a result of the announcement of the transition of flying under the terms of the pmUA Contract, a Special Transfer Bid seeking Flight Attendants fluent in the Hebrew language will open on February 24, 2017 and will close on March 23, 2017. 

Flight Attendants who are fluent in Hebrew who may be interested in transferring to fly to TLV who wish to avoid the one year transfer restriction associated with language transfers under the Special Language Transfer provisions of the Contract may want to consider using the normal transfer process used for the filling of vacancies.  Non-language specific transfers for the May schedule month will be awarded through March 9, 2017.

http://unitedafa.org/news/afa-elines/

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile

Any negative other than economy (which none of us fly anyways :) )

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Any negative other than economy (which none of us fly anyways :) )
Personally I prefer sCO crew.
Can't comment on seat comfort as I haven't flow it yet. I'm wondering it it feels narrower though.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
What about legroom? Is that the same? What about premium economy? I flew premium economy EWR-ZUR a few months ago on United 767 (I believe still from Continental) and it was noticeably wider than regular economy and more legroom. I was actually very happy with it. Felt like a step up and not just an upcharge.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Personally I prefer sCO crew.
Can't comment on seat comfort as I haven't flow it yet. I'm wondering it it feels narrower though.
from what it sounds like there is a good chance they will be the same crew
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Probably just the hebrew translator.

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
What about legroom? Is that the same? What about premium economy? I flew premium economy EWR-ZUR a few months ago on United 767 (I believe still from Continental) and it was noticeably wider than regular economy and more legroom. I was actually very happy with it. Felt like a step up and not just an upcharge.

premium econ will be just as narrow

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
AD15MAYTLVNYC/AUA -MP-                                                         
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AD ** NYC NEW YORK.USNY             78 MO 15MAY 0000 
**WYNYC542 * THE NEW YORKER-A WYNDHAM HOTEL *ART DECO DESIGN *                 
BRAND NEW EXECUTIVE ROOMS*HI-SPEED WI-FI**>HAWYNYC542DDMMM-1                   
 1   UA 085  J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0 Y9 B9 /TLV   EWR C 1215P    520P  E0/777      12:05
             M9 E9 U9 H9 Q9 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 N0                             
 2   UA 091  J9 C9 D9 Z0 P0 Y9 B9 /TLV   EWR C 1110P    415A+1E0/77W      12:05
             M9 E9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 N0                             
             SUBJECT TO GOVERNMENT APPROVAL   

What does subject to govt approval mean?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
premium econ will be just as narrow
What a shame. So what's the upsell?

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
What a shame. So what's the upsell?

legroom

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
1) Are there any 77W that DON'T have 3-4-3 configuration? It's not only UA. That is the standard on this model aircraft with most airlines.
2) Once were at it, is there any reason airlines are still purchasing 777's once they have the 787? Is there anything the 77W has over the dreamliner?

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
1) Are there any 77W that DON'T have 3-4-3 configuration? It's not only UA. That is the standard on this model aircraft with most airlines.
2) Once were at it, is there any reason airlines are still purchasing 777's once they have the 787? Is there anything the 77W has over the dreamliner?
yes there are for instance ba (for now) and others but even from those who have 3-4-3 for instance aa has main cabin extra which is 3-3-3
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:50:47 AM by a mirrer »

Offline Jewban

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile

(1) There a few operators still using the nine abreast configuration including Singapore Airlines, JAL, ANA, and British Airways.  Several other -200ER/-LR operators do as well, but the trend is towards 10-abreast to lower CASM and earn more revenue.

(2) The 777 and 787 serve different purposes in an airlines network. While some carriers have transitioned 777 flying to 787s, that's more to better optimize capacity.  The 777-300ER offers more range than the largest 787-10 variant for one, and better cargo capabilities. They're two different aircraft for different missions and network needs.  The current generation 777 line will remain active for several more years before transitioning to the 777X.

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
(1) There a few operators still using the nine abreast configuration including Singapore Airlines, JAL, ANA, and British Airways.  Several other -200ER/-LR operators do as well, but the trend is towards 10-abreast to lower CASM and earn more revenue.

(2) The 777 and 787 serve different purposes in an airlines network. While some carriers have transitioned 777 flying to 787s, that's more to better optimize capacity.  The 777-300ER offers more range than the largest 787-10 variant for one, and better cargo capabilities. They're two different aircraft for different missions and network needs.  The current generation 777 line will remain active for several more years before transitioning to the 777X.
1) Are the 777-300ER's actually wider than the 772, or they're just cramming in more seats into the same space?

2) But isn't the dreamliner way more attractive to travellers? I mean, just the name....