Author Topic: Flying blue did not issue my change ticket  (Read 2775 times)

Offline fafa123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Flying blue did not issue my change ticket
« on: February 27, 2017, 04:54:27 PM »
Originally booked a flight for my daughter from TLV to CDG for April 3, 2017 with flying blue.  Her plans changed so I called in (January) and paid the change fee for her to fly from TLV to LHR on March 29.  Today she had a question about the flight and I couldn't find the updated email.  I looked on the flying blue website and found the correct flights listed but a notice that the flight was cancelled!  Called in, after 30 minutes on hold found out that the original flight was cancelled, the new flight details were entered in the computer, a change fee was charged, but the new tickets had never been issued.  Of course, the flights I wanted on March 29 are no longer available.  The new flight option has a long layover (3 hours) in Rome.  Told I could not speak to a manager.  Told that they could not open up a seat for me to correct their error.  Told I could only book the new option and send them an email.  Did so as did not want to get stuck with no flight at all.  What are my options?  Is it reasonable to expect that flying blue could open up an award seat?  Appreciate any advice.

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
Re: Flying blue did not issue my change ticket
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »
Originally booked a flight for my daughter from TLV to CDG for April 3, 2017 with flying blue.  Her plans changed so I called in (January) and paid the change fee for her to fly from TLV to LHR on March 29.  Today she had a question about the flight and I couldn't find the updated email.  I looked on the flying blue website and found the correct flights listed but a notice that the flight was cancelled!  Called in, after 30 minutes on hold found out that the original flight was cancelled, the new flight details were entered in the computer, a change fee was charged, but the new tickets had never been issued.  Of course, the flights I wanted on March 29 are no longer available.  The new flight option has a long layover (3 hours) in Rome.  Told I could not speak to a manager.  Told that they could not open up a seat for me to correct their error.  Told I could only book the new option and send them an email.  Did so as did not want to get stuck with no flight at all.  What are my options?  Is it reasonable to expect that flying blue could open up an award seat?  Appreciate any advice.
First option is HUCA and of course insist on talking to a manager.

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
If that doesn't work, I have had good experiences on FT. Posted my issue in discussions and then contacted the FB rep and everything was resolved.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 08:38:35 PM »
I've had interesting things happen with FB, including getting an infant ticket for issued for free (one way).

But on that same trip, every check-in took forever (including the connection at SVO) due to something that FB must have done wrong (I am guessing that if not for the fact that we didn't have Russian visas, SU might have refused to put us on to our connecting flight to TLV, but they had to get us out of SVO some way or another).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline fafa123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 09:20:41 PM »
If that doesn't work, I have had good experiences on FT. Posted my issue in discussions and then contacted the FB rep and everything was resolved.

Posted in FT as you suggested.  Where is the FB rep contact info?

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 11:13:16 PM »
I think it's the moderator for the forum.

Offline fafa123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 12:09:43 PM »
I think it's the moderator for the forum.

If so there was no response :(