Author Topic: looking for a good card  (Read 1243 times)

Offline aberose

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
looking for a good card
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
i know this question gets asked all the time. i am looking for a good milage card. i am thnking the chase continental card because in the past i transfred my AMEX points to continental and was always succesful in finding flights. but im wondering if once they merge with united which card is better to get.
i am open to othet suggestions. i see the chase sapphire card and may others. id be very grateful if someone can help me decide which card to get.
thanks in advance,
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:34:38 AM by Dan »

Offline aberose

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a good card
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »
can someone help me please???

thanks,

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:29:33 AM »
i know this question gets asked all the time. i am looking for a good milage card. i am thnking the chase continental card because in the past i transfred my AMEX points to continental and was always succesful in finding flights. but im wondering if once they merge with united which card is better to get.
i am open to othet suggestions. i see the chase sapphire card and may others. id be very grateful if someone can help me decide which card to get.
thanks in advance,

If you want CO miles, go for the Sapphire Preferred, as it offers a 7% annual bonus, effectively giving you 1.07 miles per dollar spent.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:36:38 AM »
If you want CO miles, go for the Sapphire Preferred, as it offers a 7% annual bonus, effectively giving you 1.07 miles per dollar spent.
Although if you get the OnePass Plus card do spend 25K in a year you'll get 35K CO miles, a 40% spending bonus. 
Plus free bags, free primary CDW insurance, etc, etc.

Go for all 3 for the signup bonuses and see which you like :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.