Author Topic: Fidelity AMEX - Who handles credit limit?  (Read 3053 times)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Fidelity AMEX - Who handles credit limit?
« on: May 17, 2011, 08:37:39 PM »
I recently signed up for the Fidelity AMEX that gives you 2% cash back to your Fidelity account. It seems to be run by FIA card services, not AMEX (that's where the online account for the card is). I plan to use this card for a fairly large percentage of my credit card charges, but they only gave me $1000 credit limit. I have other cards with AMEX, but none with FIA/BOA. Who do I call to try to transfer credit from my other cards? Is it AMEX or FIA? I assume if it's FIA I'll just have to ask for an straight increase or do without, but if it's AMEX I have several other cards who's credit I don't really use.

While I'm at it, anyone have the appropriate phone number for this issue at either AMEX or FIA.

Thanks.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Fidelity AMEX - Who handles credit limit?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 09:30:07 AM »
I recently signed up for the Fidelity AMEX that gives you 2% cash back to your Fidelity account. It seems to be run by FIA card services, not AMEX (that's where the online account for the card is). I plan to use this card for a fairly large percentage of my credit card charges, but they only gave me $1000 credit limit. I have other cards with AMEX, but none with FIA/BOA. Who do I call to try to transfer credit from my other cards? Is it AMEX or FIA? I assume if it's FIA I'll just have to ask for an straight increase or do without, but if it's AMEX I have several other cards who's credit I don't really use.

While I'm at it, anyone have the appropriate phone number for this issue at either AMEX or FIA.

Thanks.

It's an FIA card, that powered by Amex's network and processed on their systems (instead of Visa/MC). Seems like you're going to have to call the number on the back of your card and ask for a CL increase.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)