Author Topic: Dispute Credit pull?  (Read 106604 times)

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dispute Credit pull?
« Reply #480 on: November 28, 2016, 05:55:56 PM »
Bump for a simple answer.

LOL. You're like the poster boy for Dunning-Kruger.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #481 on: November 28, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »
Can't do what? Post the same damn thing for the 20th time?
To post a straight simple answer without equivocation. I assume you are referring to this post of mine. Where in this post are you finding a source for a distinction between hard and soft pulls for non-customers?

§ 604. Permissible purposes of consumer reports [15 U.S.C. § 1681b]
(3) To a person which it has reason to believe
    (A) intends to use the information in connection with a credit transaction involving the consumer on whom the information is to be furnished and involving the extension of credit to, or review or collection of an account of, the consumer; or
    (B) intends to use the information for employment purposes; or
    (C) intends to use the information in connection with the underwriting of insurance involving the consumer; or
    (D) intends to use the information in connection with a determination of the consumer’s eligibility for a license or other benefit granted by a governmental instrumentality required by law to consider an applicant’s financial responsibility or status; or
    (E) intends to use the information, as a potential investor or servicer, or current insurer, in connection with a valuation of, or an assessment of the credit or prepayment risks associated with, an existing credit obligation; or
    (F) otherwise has a legitimate business need for the information
       (i) in connection with a business transaction that is initiated by the consumer; or
       (ii) to review an account to determine whether the consumer continues to meet the terms of the account.2
    (G) executive departments and agencies in connection with the issuance of government-sponsored individually-billed travel charge cards.1

Review of an account
≠ whenever they want
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 28, 2016, 05:59:48 PM »
Thank you I understand that. Now let me ask the question again.  Are you now saying there is a distinction between hard and soft pulls in the FCRA?
Since Mr LOL refuses to answer I will do it for him. The answer is no and the reason he won't answer is because it blows his whole argument out of the water. Now watch him come back with a childish remark instead of facts.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 28, 2016, 06:02:11 PM »
To post a straight simple answer without equivocation. I assume you are referring to this post of mine. Where in this post are you finding a source for a distinction between hard and soft pulls for non-customers?

Is English not your first language or something?

That statute covers current customers and others who are taking affirmative steps to become a customer, tenant, employee, etc. It doesn't cover non-customers and other random people who are not covered by any of the preceding.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 28, 2016, 06:02:54 PM »
Since Mr LOL refuses to answer I will do it for him. The answer is no and the reason he won't answer is because it blows his whole argument out of the water. Now watch him come back with a childish remark instead of facts.

You've exposed yourself to be a filthy liar, and I don't need any filthy liars speaking on my behalf, thanks.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 28, 2016, 06:03:36 PM »
Is English not your first language or something?

That statute covers current customers and others who are taking affirmative steps to become a customer, tenant, employee, etc. It doesn't cover random people who are not covered by any of the preceding.
So you mean it is not in there? You had told us that it was. Then where is it?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 28, 2016, 06:04:32 PM »
You've exposed yourself to be a filthy liar, and I don't need any filthy liars speaking on my behalf, thanks.
Now watch him come back with a childish remark instead of facts.
At least he is predictable.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 28, 2016, 06:04:47 PM »
So you mean it is not in there? You had told us that it was. Then where is it?

LOL.

Looks like I was right: English isn't your first language.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 28, 2016, 06:05:34 PM »

I'll ask again, for the ninth time: Are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 28, 2016, 06:06:42 PM »
Bingo!

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 28, 2016, 06:07:01 PM »
LOL.

LOL

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 28, 2016, 06:12:27 PM »
LOL.

Are you able to show us a source that for non-customers there is a difference between hard and soft or not? You said it was in what I had quoted then when I asked you where in the quote you told me it refers to existing customers. So if that is not referring to non-customers where is the source?

Cite a statute. Still waiting ...

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 28, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »
Are you able to show us a source that for non-customers there is a difference between hard and soft or not? You said it was in what I had quoted then when I asked you where in the quote you told me it refers to existing customers. So if that is not referring to non-customers where is the source?

Man, this is getting dumber by the minute.

If it was legal for anyone to pull anyone's credit, customer or non-customer alike, then there wouldn't have been the need for the FCRA statute — which you kindly posted here way back on page 7 — to explicitly detail that only *existing customers* are subject to such credit pulls.

This is basic stuff that the average fifth-grader would be able to grasp.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 28, 2016, 06:29:23 PM »
Man, this is getting dumber by the minute.

If it was legal for anyone to pull anyone's credit, customer or non-customer alike, then there wouldn't have been the need for the FCRA statute — which you kindly posted here way back on page 7 — to explicitly detail that only *existing customers* are subject to such credit pulls.

This is basic stuff that the average fifth-grader would be able to grasp.
You mean you can't cite a source?

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 28, 2016, 06:55:11 PM »
You mean you can't cite a source?

You already did, back on page 7.

A statute that makes a point of explicitly only covering *customers* definitionally doesn't cover *non-customers.*

This isn't hard.

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 28, 2016, 06:55:41 PM »
Anyone disagree with anything?

1. Banks need permissible purpose to pull (soft). Practically, major FI do this all the time for determining pre-approved population, for identifying spend engagement or credit line increase opportunities and a myriad of other projects.
2. As a consumer, you can freeze, which means that even with a permissible purpose, they can't pull your report for any of these reasons. As a result, you're unlikely to receive much marketing from them, and you definitely won't receive pre-approved offers. If you opt out of marketing (different from freezing your report) you literally will not get anything.
3. Banks could - but don't - do a hard pull on existing customers. Why they don't do this, even though they could, probably can be chalked up to erring on the side of caution especially with mounting pressures from consumer advocacy groups and government bodies in the entire credit arena. Fines have been flying. I can also confirm that FIs were pressured into supplying FICO scores.
4. Since banks don't do hard pulls unless you ASK them to (let alone all the time) it is certainly worth paying attention to your hard pulls - activites such as MBMs, refined these days to mean applying on same day with same bank, are still good ideas to reduce pulls. If you can eliminate a HP with a phone call, it's worth it.
5. Can y'all hug it out now?

Excellent summary and an excellent example of how a true long time contributor should behave. Thank you

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 28, 2016, 06:56:50 PM »
You already did, back on page 7.

A statute that makes a point of explicitly only covering *customers* definitionally doesn't cover *non-customers.*

This isn't hard.
But where does it say there is a difference between hard and soft pulls?

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 28, 2016, 06:57:20 PM »
But where does it say there is a difference between hard and soft pulls?

LOL. Asked and answered on PAGE 1 of the thread.

You've basically been trolling for many pages now. Hopefully someone here will convince you to stop.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #498 on: November 28, 2016, 07:11:20 PM »
I can not believe this thread is still going on. Mods lock it?

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 28, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »

You want me to post it again? What game are you playing here?

Can't do what? Post the same damn thing for the 20th time?

Whatever game you're playing here, it's an incredibly boring one.

For some reason you had no qualms about posting this SAME thing 20 times....

Also, are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.

I'll ask again: Are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.

I'll ask again, for the third time: Are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.

I'll ask again, for the fourth time: Are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.

I'll ask again, for the fifth time: Are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.

I'll ask again, for the sixth time: Are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.

I'll ask again, for the seventh time: Are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.

I'll ask again, for the eighth time: Are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.

I'll ask again, for the ninth time: Are you retracting the bald-faced lie you posted above? You know damn well that I never told anyone they needed to know Customs regulations for their Global Entry interview. You're lying through your teeth to change the subject after you got humiliated.