Author Topic: Which credit card (newbie question)  (Read 776 times)

Offline lessergr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Which credit card (newbie question)
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »
Long time reader, first time poster:)

1) I currently have the SPG AMex (thanks Dan, used your link). Which credit card do you reccomend for a second credit card to open. I dont really need any of the perks other then the best points (aka first class tickets etc) casue I dont fly allot so dont need free luggage or lounges etc. I do sepnd allot on CC every month and figured probably best to alternate between cards. I am so confused as to open an Ink card or United card? I cant be busy with choosing b4 each purchase what card card to use (gas use this card, groceries a diffrent card, etc.)

2) I cant seem to understand the benifit of Bluebird Vs just cashing the Vanilla cards. I read the posts and cant seem to find/understand.

Thank You

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Which credit card (newbie question)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »

1) I currently have the SPG AMex (thanks Dan, used your link). Which credit card do you reccomend for a second credit card to open. I dont really need any of the perks other then the best points (aka first class tickets etc) casue I dont fly allot so dont need free luggage or lounges etc. I do sepnd allot on CC every month and figured probably best to alternate between cards. I am so confused as to open an Ink card or United card? I cant be busy with choosing b4 each purchase what card card to use (gas use this card, groceries a diffrent card, etc.)

2) I cant seem to understand the benifit of Bluebird Vs just cashing the Vanilla cards. I read the posts and cant seem to find/understand.

Thank You

1) Why not ink and United? Read the 2bm threads. If you don't want to expend the effort to maximize your spend then at least put everything on SPG since those points are the most valuable.
2) BB is a method to cash out VR.

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »

Thank You
Vanilla Reload cards are sort of like the currency you use to load the bluebird or my vanilla debit card. Those then can be used to cash out or pay a credit card bill.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:02:04 PM »

Thank You