Author Topic: Ground transportation JFK to NJ  (Read 1378 times)

Offline ckuttner

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Ground transportation JFK to NJ
« on: March 29, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »
We travel from the Left Coast pretty often to visit our daughter and her family in Bergen County, NJ.  JetBlue's red-eye arrives at 7:05 AM (we come in Friday before Pesach this time), and usually use Teaneck Taxi. Overall, we're happy with them, but we often seem to be waiting 20 minutes or more for our pickup after calling them.

We've never used Uber, Lyft, etc., and I suspect these outfits would have a surcharge for the slow traffic around that time.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Ground transportation JFK to NJ
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:26:46 PM »
We travel from the Left Coast pretty often to visit our daughter and her family in Bergen County, NJ.  JetBlue's red-eye arrives at 7:05 AM (we come in Friday before Pesach this time), and usually use Teaneck Taxi. Overall, we're happy with them, but we often seem to be waiting 20 minutes or more for our pickup after calling them.

We've never used Uber, Lyft, etc., and I suspect these outfits would have a surcharge for the slow traffic around that time.

can't find a redeye into ewr?

Offline ckuttner

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 04:32:12 PM »
Good question. We usually fly into EWR. Just happened to have a fairly good companion fare deal from our JetBlue credit card.

I should just stick with our Alaska card, we get a much better companion fare annually and some great values for the points, e.g., 90K points gets business class on Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong + Japan, or to Israel; their standard charge is $10K, so the points are worth about 11 cents each.

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 07:35:53 PM »

United and Virgin America fly LAX-EWR as I'm sure you know. Jetblue is a nice ride though.

How much does Teaneck Taxi charge you from JFK?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline ckuttner

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 11:46:30 AM »
>United and Virgin America fly LAX-EWR as I'm sure you know. Jetblue is a nice ride though.

Virgin, Alaska, and Southwest are our favorite domestic airlines. I would not fly United even for a free flight--they pioneered squeezing passengers' space to nothing and then overcharging for any legroom. Just saying...

>How much does Teaneck Taxi charge you from JFK?

$91 listed on my reservation, I think including tolls, but not including tip. I think I checked on Lyft's price and it was maybe $10 less.

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 09:20:35 AM »

$91 listed on my reservation, I think including tolls, but not including tip. I think I checked on Lyft's price and it was maybe $10 less.
What kind of car do you get for $91? Thats an hour plus trip tolls included for $91. I dont know how these people stay in business.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline leonaegonzales

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
    • essay writing service
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 02:34:37 AM »
The transportation from JFK to NJ was good. It makes the online shopping and delivery simple. The customers are happily welocoming this new change. Thank you.

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 02:08:08 PM »
The transportation from JFK to NJ was good. It makes the online shopping and delivery simple. The customers are happily welocoming this new change. Thank you.
What did you go with in the end?