Author Topic: Continntl Customer Service or Lack thereof..  (Read 1019 times)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Continntl Customer Service or Lack thereof..
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »
We flew to Israel in the summer, due to a malfunction there was a leak in the back of the plane and they roped off the last couple of rows. Additionally the rear restroom was off limits. My seat was the first one after those, during the trip I alerted the FA that the water had reached my row and my feet and bags had gotten wet, she first brushed me aside saying its not so bad. Eventually she gave me a claim form stating that my shoes and bags had gotten wet. I submitted a written request for compensation. I received a letter back stating "It is disappointing to hear that the lavatory was inoperable during your flight... blah.. I as a tangible gesture of our concern I have deposited 5000 miles into each account."
Totally avoiding the issue, and I even included in the fax a copy of the claim form stating that I had damage!

EECB? I prefer to use that as a last resort, but sitting for 13 hours on a flight (which cost me over $3000 total!) on a wet carpet  deserves more than this joke...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Continntl Customer Service or Lack thereof..
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 11:24:48 PM »
We flew to Israel in the summer, due to a malfunction there was a leak in the back of the plane and they roped off the last couple of rows. Additionally the rear restroom was off limits. My seat was the first one after those, during the trip I alerted the FA that the water had reached my row and my feet and bags had gotten wet, she first brushed me aside saying its not so bad. Eventually she gave me a claim form stating that my shoes and bags had gotten wet. I submitted a written request for compensation. I received a letter back stating "It is disappointing to hear that the lavatory was inoperable during your flight... blah.. I as a tangible gesture of our concern I have deposited 5000 miles into each account."
Totally avoiding the issue, and I even included in the fax a copy of the claim form stating that I had damage!

EECB? I prefer to use that as a last resort, but sitting for 13 hours on a flight (which cost me over $3000 total!) on a wet carpet  deserves more than this joke...

That is disappointing, especially from CO I'd expect better.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:46:51 AM »
Yogato umotzoso...
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »

I use a tip that works quite fine by a lot of claims, even worked for me at the corrupted nasty delta (refer: www.dontflydelta.com). I write them that this case has been discussed with an law firm (if you have a relative who's a lawyer you can write his name), and they said that this case is definitely a worthy beneficiary law-suit, and they are now reviewing the details in order to launch out one, but in order to avoid this hassle for both of us, I decided that I'd rather compromise with ---- itself, but if you won't satisfy me you bet that this case will go further.
I can tell you from experience that no company - how big it should be - needs the hassle of fighting in court, and this is the last thing they would like to hear of.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה