Author Topic: Pesach Program in Greece Cancelled Just Now!  (Read 185303 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Pesach Program in Greece Cancelled Just Now!
« Reply #620 on: April 23, 2019, 10:12:32 PM »
That's because the management is not the one who is trusted with Kashrus - it's the Kashrus organization.
The "Kashrus Organization", assuming such exists, rather than an individual providing the supervision, needs to be able to trust the owners prior to even considering certifying or supervising Kashrus.

I heard of someone who wanted to get a certain Kashrus Organization certification for ab establishment (year round, not Pesach). Since the proprietor was a שנה ופרש, to the extent that he even had semicha, the Kashrus Organization refused to consider it unless he had a bone fide partner they would be willing to trust.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 23, 2019, 10:20:48 PM »
The "Kashrus Organization", assuming such exists, rather than an individual providing the supervision, needs to be able to trust the owners prior to even considering certifying or supervising Kashrus.

I heard of someone who wanted to get a certain Kashrus Organization certification for ab establishment (year round, not Pesach). Since the proprietor was a שנה ופרש, to the extent that he even had semicha, the Kashrus Organization refused to consider it unless he had a bone fide partner they would be willing to trust.
Quite a few kashrus orgs won't give a hechsher to non shomer shabbos food establishments period. (Piresh or not). Other kashrus orgs do

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 23, 2019, 10:38:45 PM »
That's because the management is not the one who is trusted with Kashrus - it's the Kashrus organization.
There is no way a Kashrus organization can reliably certify someone if said person is a crook and a thief.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 24, 2019, 11:33:28 AM »
A business can also pass a $100 bill to the Mashgiach to look the other way, especially if the Mashgiach could rationalize something as only a Chumra. Not every Mashgiach is the most scrupulous person in the world, especially since there's probably so much demand on the agencies to staff all of these programs 18 hours a day for almost 2 weeks.

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 24, 2019, 01:33:31 PM »
A business can also pass a $100 bill to the Mashgiach to look the other way, especially if the Mashgiach could rationalize something as only a Chumra. Not every Mashgiach is the most scrupulous person in the world, especially since there's probably so much demand on the agencies to staff all of these programs 18 24 hours a day for almost 2 weeks.
ftfy

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 24, 2019, 01:35:06 PM »
ftfy
Yeah, I guess. I wouldn't blame an agency for not wanting to go near these programs, a

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 24, 2019, 02:03:42 PM »
Anyone on DDF at this program?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #629 on: April 24, 2019, 02:19:26 PM »
Yeah, I guess. I wouldn't blame an agency for not wanting to go near these programs, a

There should probably be a certain mashgichim per guests ratio that is needed in order to provide proper supervision.
-- Dan

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #630 on: April 24, 2019, 03:00:20 PM »

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 24, 2019, 03:19:49 PM »
What a ganev. Wonder how he escaped jail the first time 16 years ago.
Not every civil case is pursued in criminal court if payment is made.

Offline eve

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 24, 2019, 09:28:10 PM »
For those I interested I am at This resort although not part of the Pesach program. Although it is true there are some very dishonest people there are also mostly wonderful Jews. The other Jews in the resort offered help immediately with food of every kind. The managers and staff from the program stayed on for free and had several meetings with the group and with other Pesach programs in the area who provided help and expertise. Some hidden even paid for the villas so that everyone could stay where they were. At the end of the day I witnessed how wonderful the Jewish nation is and how fast we are to help another Jew in need. Boruch Hashem the management and staff has figured out how to continue the program (with several adjustments) until the end of Yom Tov. Mi K’amcha Yisroel!!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #633 on: April 24, 2019, 09:29:08 PM »
For those I interested I am at This resort although not part of the Pesach program. Although it is true there are some very dishonest people there are also mostly wonderful Jews. The other Jews in the resort offered help immediately with food of every kind. The managers and staff from the program stayed on for free and had several meetings with the group and with other Pesach programs in the area who provided help and expertise. Some hidden even paid for the villas so that everyone could stay where they were. At the end of the day I witnessed how wonderful the Jewish nation is and how fast we are to help another Jew in need. Boruch Hashem the management and staff has figured out how to continue the program (with several adjustments) until the end of Yom Tov. Mi K’amcha Yisroel!!!
Beautiful!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 24, 2019, 10:11:06 PM »

Which goes to show that the vast overwhelming majority of Jews will do the right thing, and go out of their way to help other Jews who are in a difficult situation.

Indeed, מי כעמך ישראל!
-- Dan

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 24, 2019, 10:16:10 PM »
Probably will never happen but it would stop a lot of crisis' if programs would split the hotel charge from the catering charges and have the guests pay the hotel directly for the room.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 24, 2019, 10:17:16 PM »
Probably will never happen but it would stop a lot of crisis' if programs would split the hotel charge from the catering charges and have the guests pay the hotel directly for the room.
Wouldn't happen because then programs won't be able to charge as much.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #637 on: April 24, 2019, 10:18:02 PM »
Exactly. Crazy that new shutdowns seemingly happen every year.
I'm enjoying Pesach at home. A basement Pesach kitchen was a small investment compared to these programs.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 24, 2019, 10:22:39 PM »

Not so sure, people are not oblivious to the fact that that the programs are making a mint, just look at the cost of the rooms a week after Pesach. People know they are paying for the program, not for a room. Again I don't think it will ever happen, but perhaps if someone wants to start a program they can use it to build trust.
Visibly Jewish

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 24, 2019, 10:25:40 PM »
Not so sure, people are not oblivious to the fact that that the programs are making a mint, just look at the cost of the rooms a week after Pesach. People know they are paying for the program, not for a room. Again I don't think it will ever happen, but perhaps if someone wants to start a program they can use it to build trust.

If someone wants to be a crook, they can do it a 100 different ways