Author Topic: Apple watches  (Read 1839 times)

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Apple watches
« on: April 07, 2017, 08:55:57 AM »
I purchased 4 apple watches for an online reseller. I paid tax for them and now he doesent want them my cost was $854.96 for 4 of them. (2 of MNNH2LL/A and 2 of MNNJ2LL/A). I would rather not return them. I will sell them at cost, buyer picks up from NJ, or will ship at your expense. I would need a commitment today.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Apple watches
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »
I purchased 4 apple watches for an online reseller. I paid tax for them and now he doesent want them my cost was $854.96 for 4 of them. (2 of MNNH2LL/A and 2 of MNNJ2LL/A). I would rather not return them. I will sell them at cost, buyer picks up from NJ, or will ship at your expense. I would need a commitment today.
What type of watch? Original, series 1 or 2?
Never mind. You paid taxes, kills it.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:15:28 AM »
What type of watch? Original, series 1 or 2?
Never mind. You paid taxes, kills it.
I was actually buying it more as a favor for him... but I'm just curious, are the margins really that tight that 7% kills the deal?

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:26:10 AM »

I was actually buying it more as a favor for him... but I'm just curious, are the margins really that tight that 7% kills the deal?

Let's see. The watch normally is 269, you buy it for 200. 7% is 14. So when it reaches his hand he has $54 left on it (because he has to sell it at a lower price than Amazon, so minus$1).
Not 100% sure but seems like at least $25 to Amazon for a smartwatch sale with FBA at the time of the sale. And then there is over head for the reseller (boxes, tape, wages for employees, shipping...). Still seems like they're coming out ahead, no?

No. Because Amazon doesn't care when a person returns a FBA item (and boy do a lot get returned) and that is a hard hit on all resellers.

So only of you give yourself a large "profit" margin will you come out ahead.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 10:17:10 AM »

Let's see. The watch normally is 269, you buy it for 200. 7% is 14. So when it reaches his hand he has $54 left on it (because he has to sell it at a lower price than Amazon, so minus$1).
Not 100% sure but seems like at least $25 to Amazon for a smartwatch sale with FBA at the time of the sale. And then there is over head for the reseller (boxes, tape, wages for employees, shipping...). Still seems like they're coming out ahead, no?

No. Because Amazon doesn't care when a person returns a FBA item (and boy do a lot get returned) and that is a hard hit on all resellers.

So only of you give yourself a large "profit" margin will you come out ahead.
Got it. Oh well...